Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I am happy with my purchase and would buy again - even though I am concerned about the LVB drain for right now. Based on what I've seen, Ford's fix for it is imminent so that concern is minor. I'm not really driving anywhere yet due to covid, so it really has no effect on me personally. I am high risk for Covid, so got my second shot last friday (19th). When I'm cleared I will start driving to work a day or 2 a week just because I cannot stand being in the house anymore - and by then the LVB fix should be out.

I dropped my car off at the dealer an hour ago for the wind noise issue with the roof and I can still say it’s a fantastic car.
Out of curiosity, did they say what they would do to fix that? Are they planning to reseat the windshield, or squirt silicone into the gap?
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ve been very happy with mine, my enjoyment of driving it has grown as I have become more comfortable with its driving dynamics and limits.

My only real gripe is with the buzzing driver display. If I had a long, traffic-choked commute each day, it would give me greater pause from doing it over, but aside from that, it is a wonderful vehicle.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I traded in an '04 Ford Expedition for the Mach E. I did it for the tax rebate, the new great technology, and the Mustang name. I also have a 2010 Mustang Convertible that I got for my 30th birthday and for my 40th I got to add another Mustang to the stable in an SUV form. The Expedition was a fabulous vehicle but at 16 years old, stuff starts appearing to go wrong. It was time to let her go.

Had I known in 2019 when I reserved a Mach E that I would be waiting until 2021 to get it,
I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!! The vehicle was worth the wait. Was it heartbreaking to get the emails from Ford that said "your production has been moved out" , not once but twice, YES. Was it painstakingly awful to get the email from Ford that your delivery date was pushed out another month when you knew it was in Kansas. YES. But was it amazing when it arrived the next week without any notification. YES!

Even with the battery issue and power train fault that appeared with my MME, Ford is sending an engineer to my dealership to look at my car on-site and run diagnostics. This is AMAZING!! Ford is doing great at making sure that these issues are remedied as fast as possible and shows that they want to have a good product.

As with any new electronic, Playstations Xboxes, the other car manufacturer with a T, there will for sure be some bugs to work out at the beginning. As long as the company stands behind their product, I am excited to be on the leading edge of Ford's Mustang Mach E vehicle.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Out of curiosity, did they say what they would do to fix that? Are they planning to reseat the windshield, or squirt silicone into the gap?
They didn’t say. They have their glass company coming by to evaluate it. Some unlucky owner apparently already had a damaged panoramic roof after buying that had to be replaced so wouldn’t be their first they are dealing with

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks everyone! Really good perspectives. My current lease is up at the end of March so timing is pretty good. The only problem that really concerned me was the LVB but it seems like they have a fix for that. Now just hoping my dealer doesn't try anything funny.
By the time you get your MME this will be in the past. See ya on the road!!

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Would I have waited? Maybe?
But... it's slow. It's way slower than I thought it would be. There's loud gear whine from the drive motor. The pedal response is sluggish. The ride is way too bouncy, the steering is way too light, and the tires are way too narrow and don't provide anywhere near enough grip.
Still waiting to test drive and take delivery. You have me concerned a bit. Thanks for your honesty.
Questions:
1. Way slower? First time I've heard that. How so?
2. Loud gear whine from drive motor? I know they will make some whine being electric, but you are saying its excessive? Loud like how?
3. Doesn't pedal response become quicker and steering become more heavy or stiffer when in unbridled mode?
4. Ride way too bouncy: That one really concerns me. I've heard other professional reviewers say its bouncy. I wonder if its because of the long wheel base. But not as bouncy as the Tesla Y, right?
5. Tires too narrow to provide anywhere near enough grip: Enough grip to do what differently?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll wait. Just bought an Escape for my wife. So, not in market for another SUV/CUV. If the Mach-e was a 2 door, fastback, then I'd be very interested.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
It is definitely worth it for me. I have some minor quality issues but dealer
is taking care of them. The good far outweigh the bad.
1. The way they integrate Apple carplay is a big plus for me.
2. Sound system is nice, even my son notice. He ask me why it seems like the music comes from the car.
3. Just driving normally my expected range is about 240.
4. Driving is smooth and quiet.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But... it's slow. It's way slower than I thought it would be. There's loud gear whine from the drive motor. The pedal response is sluggish. The ride is way too bouncy, the steering is way too light, and the tires are way too narrow and don't provide anywhere near enough grip.
What model/drivetrain/battery did you get? As for "sluggish" yes my CA RT1 (ER RWD) does take a bit to get going from a stop, but after that it is very responsive. It does seem like there's a slight throttle delay, which may be a tuning issue that can be made over OTA. It could also be a traction control thing? As for the ride, it is less bouncy than my mustang coupe, but of course that isn't really known for a soft ride.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
  1. I think there's a reason all the journalists are getting ER AWD units. Mine is ER RWD, and it feels downright slow because of the slow feed-in, no EV "toss you back in the seat" feeling for me.
  2. Gear whine from a stop to roughly ~10 miles per hour. Definitely not the low speed noise, it's a high-pitched whine that sounds like a subway leaving the station. No other EV I've driven has had gear whine like this - not Bolt, not Model 3.
  3. I have only driven in Unbridled. Steering is still way too light, pedal is still way too dead.
  4. It's incredibly jiggly. I wouldn't call it nauseating, but it's not too far removed from nauseating. Underdamped. I have not driven a Model Y, but the Model 3 I did drive felt way more controlled than this.
  5. At the first left turn signal on my way home from the dealer, I accelerated to make the left turn and the back end broke loose, tires squealing. The skinny eco Michelins are not up to the task they're asked to do.
I understand better now. Thanks.

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
My answer has 2 parts. The car is excellent and fun to drive. I have owned all sorts of vehicles and I can say that Ford did an excellent job with this one. It is, for me, a comfortable commuter car. It certainly beats Tesla on fit/finish. Tesla is a tech company trying to make a car, Ford is a car company incorporating tech. It shows.

As for BEV's, that is the rub. I'd love to go on a long road trip with it, but I'm not that committed to sitting in some desolate place waiting for my car to charge while I wait to hopscotch to the next point. This isn't new technology, it is just advanced tech in a not unfamiliar platform. One of the first propulsion systems for vehicles was the lead acid battery in the late 1800's. It was abandoned for obvious reasons for ICE. Unless there is a dramatic improvement in battery technology, this is not the future. Hauling around 3000 pounds of toxic chemicals and utilizing energy to do so is unlikely to be our future. I can't think of another successful energy storage system that accounts for the majority of the mass of the vehicle. Electric vehicles are the future, but BEV's are less likely to be anything more than a stepping stone.

Having said that, if you can have multiple vehicles, I'd definitely get one of these. It is fun, as most impractical things are.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
First EV below

Second EV was just born, the MME.

nuf said folks :)

Tesla fans your time has come and gone..

Kidding around here folks, EV's are the future if we like it or not, I like it.

If you want green, get a bike or walk, there is nothing about an ICE or EV that can be made cleanly.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.47.41 AM.png

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
It's worth it. It's also fun being an EV evangelist.

That being said, my personal situation was I needed a new car this year and couldn't wait until 2022. If I had a 5 year old car instead of a 10 year old car, I would have waited for a year to see what else came out.
I don’t need a new car. Certainly interesting options coming soon, especially the Audi Q4 sport back. The PAAK and app function are important to me.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
This forum has been a great resource of information and I'm not sure I would have waited this long without it. I read it pretty much every day. Lots of very knowledgeable people here and the few insiders are awesome. I think it's fair to say that this is a high-end car in terms of cost and for most of us a luxury that we can afford. All that said, is it worth it given some of the problems new owners are having? I'm about two to three weeks from getting mine. While certainly not ideal and for a little while, I think I can live with the existing bugs and potential battery problems for a car that seems to be better than most, if not all, comparable EVs out there. But I don't own one. For those of you who have yours and particularly those with problems, is it worth it or knowing what you know now, would you have waited?
Emotionally, I am extremely happy with the looks, the features and the performance. But to answer this question in an unemotional, logical manner, I need to own the car for a couple of months. It's been barely a week.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My answer has 2 parts. The car is excellent and fun to drive. I have owned all sorts of vehicles and I can say that Ford did an excellent job with this one. It is, for me, a comfortable commuter car. It certainly beats Tesla on fit/finish. Tesla is a tech company trying to make a car, Ford is a car company incorporating tech. It shows.

As for BEV's, that is the rub. I'd love to go on a long road trip with it, but I'm not that committed to sitting in some desolate place waiting for my car to charge while I wait to hopscotch to the next point. This isn't new technology, it is just advanced tech in a not unfamiliar platform. One of the first propulsion systems for vehicles was the lead acid battery in the late 1800's. It was abandoned for obvious reasons for ICE. Unless there is a dramatic improvement in battery technology, this is not the future. Hauling around 3000 pounds of toxic chemicals and utilizing energy to do so is unlikely to be our future. I can't think of another successful energy storage system that accounts for the majority of the mass of the vehicle. Electric vehicles are the future, but BEV's are less likely to be anything more than a stepping stone.

Having said that, if you can have multiple vehicles, I'd definitely get one of these. It is fun, as most impractical things are.
Elon has batteries/cars that will provide 500 mile range within two years. Lithium batteries are 90+% recyclable. 'Maybe' there will be a better storage solution because of science and progress, but we're still in the infancy of EV, even though they've been around 15 years.
Sponsored