For those waiting on orders, what does the Model Y price drop to $52,990 make you think?

sim1

First Name
simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Premium
Country flag
I have 2022 price protection, but I am still thinking this is a game changer.
Sponsored

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
We have rented a MY two times now, through Hertz. My wife prefers the interior of the Y over the interior of my MME. On the other hand, she likes the exterior of the MME better. However, she has not actually driven the Y yet. Iā€™m not sure though if I trust the fit and finish of the Y yet. The fact that you can order it with a hitch and get the two additional seats in the 3d row push it a little ahead of the MME for me especially with the price drop and two young kids.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
At my price point, I'd still go with the MME we got. We have an ICE for long trips if we take one and I've never liked the look of the MY nor the minimalistic interior. There are a slew of other reasons as well.

That price point will now make it harder for every other EV maker to sell EVs though so maybe the good thing is consumers will win (at least those that didn't massively overpay during the shortage).

This is sorta why I've always been against the idea of just not getting the credit even though folks can afford it or pay lots of ADM. It's not $$ you can get back.

occl1976

First Name
oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mach e
Country flag
09/25/22 ordered ca route1 , schedule production 3/20/23 - thinking about cancelling the order. Does anyone know exactly when can order be cancelled and get refunded ? I never contacted dealer yet . thanks

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
Just contact your dealer and cancel it. I canceled the F-150 Lighting in December, and the dealer refunded my $100 deposit.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Donā€™t forget some of them have the 3rd row seat and qualifies for another $7500 off.
With the price drop the standard Model Y qualifies for the $7500 too. They did increase the price of the third row by $1000 though.

Rogue Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e GT
Country flag
Even though I already have a 2023 mme, I am definitely tempted to sell my ICE to pick up another model y. I wish they would drop the model x to 80-90k range. Will they drop prices further? I sure hope so.

ss3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX , MME 23 ordered.
Country flag
Placed order lets see what Ford has in store for us, will wait before cancelling, i am in that sweet 50k price point

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Not tempting, After exploring both here are my opinions.
Mach-E has better quality interior, better ride, better looks, safer driver assists.

model Y has faster zero-60 better hvac setup, longer range forThe price.

Both are good EVs it depends on what you want.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Toyota Sienna, 16 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
09/25/22 ordered ca route1 , schedule production 3/20/23 - thinking about cancelling the order. Does anyone know exactly when can order be cancelled and get refunded ? I never contacted dealer yet . thanks
I may cancel if I were in your situation. I wouldn't necessarily get the Tesla, but I think that the other EV manufacturers may need to follow and cut prices too to be competitive
Sponsored