For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand?

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
Planning on getting a satin PPF as soon as I take delivery, but wondering what other exterior mods should be done ahead of time, if any. Mine will be a GT in DMG, so no need for front spoiler, but thinking about rear and assuming that should go on first if it will be body color. Any other mods that are better to do ahead of time that you wish you'd done?
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I wish I had more of my car done in PPF.

I had partial hood and fenders done along with black trim. Wish I had done full hood and fenders but it was something like $800 extra.

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag

I had partial hood and fenders done along with black trim. Wish I had done full hood and fenders but it was something like $800 extra.
Thanks, and for me doing satin it's all or nothing for me so just going to bite the bullet. Otherwise it would look weird.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Thanks, and for me doing satin it's all or nothing for me so just going to bite the bullet. Otherwise it would look weird.
Ahh, just saw that detail. That's going to look great. Grabber blue would look fantastic with a satin or matte wrap too, can't believe I haven't seen one.

Last edited:

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
Ahh, just saw that detail. That's going to look great. Grabber blue would look fantastic with a satin or matte tint too, can't believe I haven't seen one.
Grabber blue would look absolutely amazing. But my flashiness only goes so far. I can’t quite pull that off.

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Planning on getting a satin PPF as soon as I take delivery, but wondering what other exterior mods should be done ahead of time, if any. Mine will be a GT in DMG, so no need for front spoiler, but thinking about rear and assuming that should go on first if it will be body color. Any other mods that are better to do ahead of time that you wish you'd done?
I have a date for my PPF on Monday.

Seriously considering doing my cyber orange GT in a satin finish but still can’t make up my mind. It’s so hard because I haven’t found any pics on the internet, though I did find this cyber orange Bronco…

653CBDE8-998E-4902-B251-C3D19BA048FD.jpeg

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I started out with Full frontal PPF (Hood, mirrors, lip spoiler, both front left/right fenders) but first shop said they couldn't PPF my headlights or the GTPE grill which I wanted for rock chips....

Found another shop 2 miles from my home to finish PPF the rest of the CAR and couldn't be happier.....Cost much $$$$ but I love it....

So easy to clean and always shiny

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
I have a date for my PPF on Monday.

Seriously considering doing my cyber orange GT in a satin finish but still can’t make up my mind. It’s so hard because I haven’t found any pics on the internet, though I did find this cyber orange Bronco…

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand? 653CBDE8-998E-4902-B251-C3D19BA048FD
That looks awesome. I think cyber orange would look incredible in satin just like I said about grabber blue above. I wish I had the stones to pull it off. TBH, I think black or red are the only colors that may not improve with a satin finish.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X

This. I did just the front of the car in PPF, and full ceramic on everything. I just had a big rock skip over my hood and nick the paint. I will be taking it back to my detail guy and having him PPF the hood, front fenders, all black trim, and front doors, then re-ceramic over all that.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I asked my PPF shop to remove the Mach-e door badges. Not very hard to do oneself but I figured I’d let the pros do it.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
While not related to satin, I highly recommend getting your entire car clayed, buffed and polished before getting a gloss PPF. You'll be surprise how much better the color depth will pop through the PPF.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I knew they were just chintzy plastic stamp outs - like most car badging - but when you actually feel how cheap they are, you’ll be especially glad to have ditched them. Besides the obvious aesthetic reasons…

Puttyandnapalm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gladiator, Soon to be Mach E GT, Triumph Trophy
Country flag
What’s a good estimate for the front end? I got a quote for almost 2k for the front
Sponsored