For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand?

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
I knew they were just chintzy plastic stamp outs - like most car badging - but when you actually feel how cheap they are, you’ll be especially glad to have ditched them. Besides the obvious aesthetic reasons…
Side badge removal was on my list too. I didn’t hate them, but after reading all the stories of issues with them, it makes sense to leave them off after PPF.
Sponsored

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I have a date for my PPF on Monday.

Seriously considering doing my cyber orange GT in a satin finish but still can’t make up my mind. It’s so hard because I haven’t found any pics on the internet, though I did find this cyber orange Bronco…

653CBDE8-998E-4902-B251-C3D19BA048FD.jpeg
I bit the bullet! Just dropped of my Cyber Orange Mach E GT for Xpel Stealth PPF wrap with Opticoat Pro ceramic coat. Going to take two weeks! Will def post pics when I get her back!

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
I bit the bullet! Just dropped of my Cyber Orange Mach E GT for Xpel Stealth PPF wrap with Opticoat Pro ceramic coat. Going to take two weeks! Will def post pics when I get her back!
Can't wait to see it! What price did they give you if you don't mind sharing? I've been quoted $7-8K in Dallas.

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Can't wait to see it! What price did they give you if you don't mind sharing? I've been quoted $7-8K in Dallas.
About the same here. This guy was middle of the road for my area (SF Bay Area) and highly rated - charging me 7500 for full PPF, ceramic coat, and front window tint. I had quotes from 6500 to 9500. Hurts me to think about dropping that kind of money, but I am OCD enough to know I wanted a full PPF wrap and not just the full front. I would die a little inside if I saw a little paint chip or scratch or swirl on the non-PPF’d parts 😂🤣

Stangracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS350C Mach E GTPE
Country flag
What’s a good estimate for the front end? I got a quote for almost 2k for the front

I just paid $2200 + tax for Xpel full front end, headlights, and mirrors. First car I've done PPF and I have no buyers remorse at all.

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
About the same here. This guy was middle of the road for my area (SF Bay Area) and highly rated - charging me 7500 for full PPF, ceramic coat, and front window tint. I had quotes from 6500 to 9500. Hurts me to think about dropping that kind of money, but I am OCD enough to know I wanted a full PPF wrap and not just the full front. I would die a little inside if I saw a little paint chip or scratch or swirl on the non-PPF’d parts 😂🤣
I appreciate this info! Fellow Bay Area orange GTPE owner. DMed you for more info, if you don't mind :)

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Don't forget to have your detailer do paint correction prior to any PPF installation or ceramic coating. You won't regret that!

I've had my entire MME ceramic coated, and will probably go back and have PPF applied to the front of the car. A couple of years ago, I did the same to my Tesla Model 3 and haven't ever regretted it...

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I had Xpel PPF applied to my entire 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance when I took delivery in 2018. I highly recommend Xpel PPF. It has performed extremely well for over 3 1/2 years.

One thing I wish I had done a bit different: I took the car to get the PPF installed a day or two after I took delivery from Tesla. Overall the paint was in good condition. There were some very minor micro scratches, most likely induced by the team preparing the car for delivery. I asked the installer if he needed to polish out those microscratches. He said that there was no need because the adhesive used to apply the PPF has some filling abilities and all of those microscrratches would get filled in and would no longer be noticeable. As it turns out, this was not entirely correct. In bright sunshine, I can still see some microscratches.

So my advice, even if your paint looks good, park it in the bright sunlight or use an auto inspection light. If you see any microscratches and they annoy you, do a machine polish before you have your PPF installed.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I just paid $2200 + tax for Xpel full front end, headlights, and mirrors. First car I've done PPF and I have no buyers remorse at all.
You should have had the pillars done as well.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I had Xpel PPF applied to my entire 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance when I took delivery in 2018. I highly recommend Xpel PPF. It has performed extremely well for over 3 1/2 years.

One thing I wish I had done a bit different: I took the car to get the PPF installed a day or two after I took delivery from Tesla. Overall the paint was in good condition. There were some very minor micro scratches, most likely induced by the team preparing the car for delivery. I asked the installer if he needed to polish out those microscratches. He said that there was no need because the adhesive used to apply the PPF has some filling abilities and all of those microscrratches would get filled in and would no longer be noticeable. As it turns out, this was not entirely correct. In bright sunshine, I can still see some microscratches.

So my advice, even if your paint looks good, park it in the bright sunlight or use an auto inspection light. If you see any microscratches and they annoy you, do a machine polish before you have your PPF installed.
Can’t echo this enough. I always get a buff and polish before PPF. Heck, even doing it before ceramic coat is worth it.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I’m dropping my Premium this week to get SunTek Reaction for the full front clip + mirrors and A pillars. I’ll be doing the doors myself - those are very straight forward. Also getting the new SunTek Evolve tint on every piece of glass.

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Finally some updates from my detail guy! Cyber Orange with Xpel stealth in progress. Not gonna lie - I am in love with it already 🥰

9BEC6A41-A29B-4FF1-B633-4AD1720C6E07.jpeg

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Finally some updates from my detail guy! Cyber Orange with Xpel stealth in progress. Not gonna lie - I am in love with it already 🥰

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand? 9BEC6A41-A29B-4FF1-B633-4AD1720C6E07
Sorry I never got around to posting the “after” photos. Here she is, Cyber Orange GTPE in Xpel stealth PPF. Here’s the link to my detail guys IG with some better pics and video. If your in the Bay Area, he and his wife do amazing work.

Frank

E5660E76-C6A3-4C95-9D59-35E4AB00F17D.jpeg

45CB941B-D55D-4B45-BAAB-DEC19657406D.jpeg

OP
OP
TX_MME

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
Sorry I never got around to posting the “after” photos. Here she is, Cyber Orange GTPE in Xpel stealth PPF. Here’s the link to my detail guys IG with some better pics and video. If your in the Bay Area, he and his wife do amazing work.

Frank

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand? 45CB941B-D55D-4B45-BAAB-DEC19657406D

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those who have done PPF, what do you wish you had done beforehand? 45CB941B-D55D-4B45-BAAB-DEC19657406D
Looks incredible!!! Nice work.