Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I know there have been multiple members that have expressed concern or disappointment with their range. We have had our AWD ER Premium for about two months now. We reset driving history when we left the dealer. Every time we charge the car the estimated mileage goes up. Today, with ambient temp of 85 degrees this was our estimated mileage at 100% charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those with mileage/battery capacity concerns Car Mileage
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I know there have been multiple members that have expressed concern or disappointment with their range. We have had our AWD ER Premium for about two months now. We reset driving history when we left the dealer. Every time we charge the car the estimated mileage goes up. Today, with ambient temp of 85 degrees this was our estimated mileage at 100% charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E For those with mileage/battery capacity concerns Car Mileage
It will go even further if you close the door. ;)

(With my CA Rt1 model--RWD ER--I frequently see around 350 miles on 100% charge for the Michigan summer weather we're having. With the doors closed.)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It will go even further if you close the door. ;)

(With my CA Rt1 model--RWD ER--I frequently see around 350 miles on 100% charge for the Michigan summer weather we're having. With the doors closed.)
On the other hand .. my AWD ER GOM is predicting 210 miles range.

Don't accidentally reset it. :p

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
As has been discussed in many other threads, people are often taking the mileage estimate from the Guess-o-meter as gospel truth about range. It is not.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
As has been discussed in many other threads, people are often taking the mileage estimate from the Guess-o-meter as gospel truth about range. It is not.
Indeed it isn't. The range displayed at 100% is more reflective of your most recent drive than anything else.

Drive for a full battery at 30 mph (would take a long time) and your GOM may show 2x the EPA range after a recharge.

Likewise drive for a full battery with the heater on full blast and 90 mph and your GOM may show 1/2 the EPA range (or less that heater can be hungry).

It has been my experience (with all the EVs I've owned), however, that as you approach 0% the GOM estimate does get more accurate.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Indeed it isn't. The range displayed at 100% is more reflective of your most recent drive than anything else
To prove your point:

On my AWD ER MME I’ve left trip 2 running without resetting it since just afterI took delivery. It shows 3.5 miles per kWh which works out to about 305 miles at 100%.

To get home 1/3 of the way up Mauna Kea, involves a lot of climbing. The trip from Hilo or Kona will show between 1.8 miles per kWh and 2.4 miles per kWh. The GOM, even prior to my accidental reset, was only slowly moving off it’s no history default due to the last leg data.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
We are driving from Blairsville, GA to Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow. Our car is still showing the 308 miles range. Will be interesting to watch. The drive involves some steep climbs up the mountains and then of course the opposite coming home. Weather is supposed to be clear and in the mid 70's so it will be all road usage with no AC.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
We are driving from Blairsville, GA to Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow. Our car is still showing the 308 miles range. Will be interesting to watch. The drive involves some steep climbs up the mountains and then of course the opposite coming home. Weather is supposed to be clear and in the mid 70's so it will be all road usage with no AC.
Wave as you go by, I'm on the other side of Pisgah Nat. Forest.
Sponsored