jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
If only their software didn't do everything in its power to ignore my 90% limit and charge to 100% anyway. Battery management settings are definitely a weak point with the car's software at this time.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Oh good you got that too. Thought Ford was trying to tell me I'm doing something wrong.
That’s sort of what I thought, I got this message soon after I drove my battery down to 3% - first time below 15%.

Aprocon

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If only their software didn't do everything in its power to ignore my 90% limit and charge to 100% anyway. Battery management settings are definitely a weak point with the car's software at this time.
I’m having this problem too! I set the app to stop charging at 90% but the car ignores the setting.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m having this problem too! I set the app to stop charging at 90% but the car ignores the setting.
Did you set it in the car? I set the limit in the car to 80% and that is what I get every time. I went on a trip a few weeks ago and set it to 100% the night before, that worked fine also.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I got that message a while back also.

Plugging in while parked is a great idea but it doesn't do anything unless the time is inside the charge schedule. The vehicle should cool the battery while parked on plug anytime it becomes necessary. Doesn't do much good to ask us to take care of our battery if the car won't take advantage of being plugged in. The car even asks to be plugged in but still.....won't do anything unless the charge schedule allows. Doesn't make any sense to me. ???

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford’s Top 3 Tips to Prolong Battery Life 1627604805821

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
“Limiting excessive vehicle speeds”? Has someone explained to Ford that this is a Mustang, not a Focus Electric? ???
I’m pretty sure “excessive vehicle speeds” are brand standard for Mustang, just as “off road” is for Bronco ???

Aprocon

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Did you set it in the car? I set the limit in the car to 80% and that is what I get every time. I went on a trip a few weeks ago and set it to 100% the night before, that worked fine also.
Your idea worked, thanks! I had set it in the app which didn’t take.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I do everything on the list since I consider "excessive speed" to be over 100 mph.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
How do you set the charge limit in the car?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Why would "moderate" climate conditioning help? Why would it matter at all to the health of the big battery??

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Why would "moderate" climate conditioning help? Why would it matter at all to the health of the big battery??
Maybe because it runs the hvac compressor which also cools the water loop for the battery. Charging and discharging lithium batteries at high temperatures typically degrades them faster, so cooling them down before driving probably helps with life.
Sponsored