Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I noticed this 12V LVB negative terminal sensor when making some current measurements. It is in a good location to make an inline "current shunt" current measurement and/or temperature. No idea what it senses. Is anyone familiar with this part, or have access to our MME wiring diagrams?

Apparently it is used in a lot of Ford models (this is my first Ford). Googling appears to show one small wire powers it, the other is possibly a contact?, so maybe just an over current contact or overtemp indication/protection contact (two small wires purple/white, blue/green). Was hoping it might be an internal analog 12V current signal (something for FORSCAN), but maybe not?

(As an aside, there are lot of small marks on the negative battery post, which suggests that the negative terminal was removed a number of times, or probed as a ground point, possibly at Speedway?, unless they are just shipping or storage marks). Not a bad thing, just an observation).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford 12V battery monitor? Unknown
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I noticed this 12V LVB negative terminal sensor when making some current measurements. It is in a good location to make an inline "current shunt" current measurement and/or temperature. No idea what it senses. Is anyone familiar with this part, or have access to our MME wiring diagrams?

Apparently it is used in a lot of Ford models (this is my first Ford). Googling appears to show one small wire powers it, the other is possibly a contact?, so maybe just an over current contact or overtemp indication/protection contact (two small wires purple/white, blue/green). Was hoping it might be an internal analog 12V current signal (something for FORSCAN), but maybe not?

(As an aside, there are lot of small marks on the negative battery post, which suggests that the negative terminal was removed a number of times, or probed as a ground point, possibly at Speedway?, unless they are just shipping or storage marks). Not a bad thing, just an observation).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford 12V battery monitor? Unknown
Manual says it is a calibrated sensor that provides data used by several modules. Instructions say to replace the negative cable (with integrated sensor) whenever the LVB is replaced.