metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
I think the key is proper social distancing and if you have any of the publicized symptoms, assume you have Covid and stay well away from everyone.
Supposedly there is a test that yields results in 30minutes now that has 98% accuracy, but its not for the masses yet.
Sponsored

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
We need Ford to open up and tell us more. But again why should they as all 50K are
reserved and sold.
I agree. We certainly need to know pretty much everything. We don't even know what options are available. As for the reservations, I'm betting a good 15-20% will be cancelled.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I agree. We certainly need to know pretty much everything. We don't even know what options are available. As for the reservations, I'm betting a good 15-20% will be cancelled.
Oh man, the options packages are such a mystery and I can't wait to find out more! I'm so excited for this vehicle and keep waffling about which one (Premium AWD ER or GT) I'll land on.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Just saw this. :(

Ford might delay Mustang Mach-E launch, will update as production restarts - Electrek
https://flip.it/0ZxLMM

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag

Ford might delay Mustang Mach-E launch, will update as production restarts - Electrek
I can't click a like for this. This is the latest news from Ford too bad
it isn't better news. We knew this was going to happen because of
the virus. We just were hoping not. I'm in no hurry , just sitting around
the house doing nothing. :rolleyes: I guess now they will be 2021 model ?
I said before but no one got it : The 2020 MME will be like 1983 Corvette.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

That's just a regurgitation of the same info we've already seen (Electrek does that a lot, often with a presumptive spin on it).

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess now they will be 2021 model ?
I said before but no one got it : The 2020 MME will be like 1983 Corvette.
It was already a 2021 MME (not 2020). Like all model years, it was just due out a few months before the end of the prior year.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's just a regurgitation of the same info we've already seen (Electrek does that a lot, often with a presumptive spin on it).
I hope you're right and it doesn't spell some additional delays.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope you're right and it doesn't spell some additional delays.
There may still be, but not from the info they're referring to there. That's still consistent with the "4-6 week delay" rough estimate we've already heard, which would probably make the first ones arriving at dealers around Nov rather than the original Sep/Oct area.

But of course that's only if things start getting back to normal in the next couple of months. If these shutdowns drag on much longer than that, then the launch surely gets pushed back further. No one knows yet. Just depends on how soon the world can get back to work.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
A press bulletin issued by the Mexican government on Friday indicated that they are working closely with US and Canada to develop a plan for automotive manufacturing to restart. Although they indicated that health and safety are paramount, the bulletin also talks about the importance of the automotive industry to millions of Mexico's citizens. It concludes by stating that more information on reopening will be announced in the first part of this week.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the bulletin also talks about the importance of the automotive industry to millions of Mexico's citizens.
On a related note, I was watching a report this morning that talked about how much labor costs have gone up in China over the last 30 years. It's not the cheap labor mecca it used to be. It should start driving manufacturing out, with countries like Mexico, Vietnam, and India being the likely benefactors. And now with this virus that came from China and which they tried to hide from the world, many foreign manufacturers are expected to pull out. Lots of distrust (and anger) at China right now. With all the damage this virus is causing worldwide, it's not gonna be quickly forgotten.

That would be relatively better for the US too. Especially seeing neighboring Mexico get a lot of it. Not only is that helpful logistically (easier/quicker shipping), but a booming manufacturing sector should help reduce crime and corruption there too, which is beneficial to the US.

Automotive manufacturing is just one piece, but it's a big piece where Mexico can show the world (particularly the US) that it's a good alternative to China for locating manufacturing at an affordable price.

https://insights.tetakawi.com/manufacturing-in-mexico-vs-china

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There may still be, but not from the info they're referring to there. That's still consistent with the "4-6 week delay" rough estimate we've already heard, which would probably make the first ones arriving at dealers around Nov rather than the original Sep/Oct area.

But of course that's only if things start getting back to normal in the next couple of months. If these shutdowns drag on much longer than that, then the launch surely gets pushed back further. No one knows yet. Just depends on how soon the world can get back to work.
What has me concerned is that with a reservation # of 46,000 something, I have no idea when I’ll see this car. It could be next spring or later given the emphasis on exports and my high #. I went through the same thing with Tesla on the Model 3. Tesla was never great at communicating approximate ETA dates and there too I was pretty far down on the list. I eventually threw in the towel and went with an S that I got 2 weeks later. That turned out to be a good move.

When my mind is set on something, patience is not one of my virtues. ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What has me concerned is that with a reservation # of 46,000 something, I have no idea when I’ll see this car. It could be next spring or later given the emphasis on exports and my high #. I went through the same thing with Tesla on the Model 3. Tesla was never great at communicating approximate ETA dates and there too I was pretty far down on the list. I eventually threw in the towel and went with an S that I got 2 weeks later. That turned out to be a good move.

When my mind is set on something, patience is not one of my virtues. ?
I suppose it depends on what you have reserved. GT and Select were always going to be 2021. 1st Edition and Premium were always slated for late 2020. If there is a delay in the START of production until July/August then I would imagine you in the US would still get yours 'late 2020' as the logistics of getting the completed cars to you would be a lot easier than getting them to us in the UK and the rest of Europe, so if anyone is more likely to have a delay past Nov/Dec then I would assume it would be us. Of course, if production is ramped up to maximum and Ford contract a couple of empty car carriers to come direct to UK/Europe then that would ease the problem a bit. It all boils down to how safely the can keep their production line workers. I would prefer, and am prepared for, a delay knowing that the staff at Cuautitlan are safe. I would not like to accept my car if it came with the loss of workers because it was rushed.
Sponsored