Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Yes we read some things that are nowhere true. But that happens.. Just
what would we be talking about if this virus didn't come along ?
Ford has said nothing to anyone about the MACH. We can't even discuss
how great a car that is coming soon. They want us to order and put money
down very soon now. I just wish Ford would post details about the MACH.
We know nothing about it that we knew 2 months ago. We need Ford to
open up and tell us more. But again why should they as all 50K are
reserved and sold. I hope all of us can share and talk about it very
soon. We gotta get off this Virus kick. FORD BLESS US WITH NEWS !!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The battery packs are made in Poland. There was good news on that front: the LG plant making the batteries has stayed open, increased production, and received an EU loan to increase production capacity.
https://insideevs.com/news/406152/lg-chem-plant-poland-increases-productivity/
https://insideevs.com/news/406324/lg-chem-480-million-loan-plant-poland/
That's good news. I though there was an article a few weeks ago saying that one was closed too, but I must have read it wrong.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I may not agree with the way some demonstrated their opposition, but I do agree with many in the state that the Governor's orders as to what was and was not acceptable were quite odd.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It looks like the Mexico federal government is extending the general shutdown another month through the end of May.
Unless auto manufacturers can get an exception expanding on the one that was issued last week for aftermarket repair parts, it may not be up to Ford whether they do start operations before then.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I imagine much depends on what Ford was actually planning in-plant through the end of May. Hopefully some of that work can be done in a manner that was already being done by employees at home.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Here's the latest updates I have from our team huddle:

There was no specific updates on launch timing. We're assessing the impact and looking for ways to take advantage of the downtime.

(Side note: from other meetings I've had specific more specific to Ford Options/Mach-E, the word is that there will be a delay, but that it will not be a significant delay. I saw a prototype of a new US customer facing Ford Options landing page to explain how the program works. The page looks really nice, I think you'll like it.)

Bill Ford's comment on VW buying Ford Motor Company: 'no, let me rephrase, HELL NO'.

11 Ford employees have died from COVID-19.

As far as returning to work. It's not a question of what date to return, the question is when will the spaces be safe enough for employees to return to work. The focus is on returning safely, following local/state rules, ensuring the availability of PPE, following medical guidance from WHO and CDC, not just picking a return date from the calendar.

There will be masks provided for employees and visitors. There may be temperature scanning put in place. Social distancing will be important, so there may be redesigned work spaces and layouts. Also staggered ramp ups with alternating schedules are possible.

The first employees to return will be those that require physical presence to do their jobs (think manufacturing and product development). Then lastly bring back us folks who can work virtually (maybe even weeks later).

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Obviously these are stressful times no matter what your position is on the virus or the economy. I'm sure there are good points to consider no matter which of those two is your main focus. But that article did little to constructively report on what is happening.

My take away from that news story is that it reads like an opinion piece. Am I mistaken and that was the editorial page? I hope so, but it seemed like it was presented as news when it was full of commentary.

That's my biggest problem with the media today. Present the news and all the news. Keep editorializing in the editorial pages. Let people decide for themselves how they view a story without the "journalist" telling them how to view it. Maybe we could all find a little more common ground if we actually could just discuss news instead of someone's interpretation of the news.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I don't know if my internet cut out or if it was an issue on the Ford side, so I missed some of the meeting. I'll go back and watch the replay once it's posted. Here's what I was able to get.

There was no specific updates on launch timing. But there were mentions of the teams continuing to work on the Mach-E. Sharing photos and videos amongst the team. Doing virtual testing and such. The Sync team has taken home workbenches and equipment so they can continue their work as well.

The first employees to return will be those that require physical presence to do their jobs (think manufacturing and product development). These employees will be coming back in a staggered and progressive schedule. The planning assumption (not finalized) is to start in May and phase in through June.

Then folks who can work virtually, like me, the planning assumption (not finalized) is to start a staggered schedule starting at the end of June into early July.

Discussion of the same things as before on how to return to work safely, having PPE for employees, temperature checks, cleaning of workspaces, keeping social distancing.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

I don't know if my internet cut out or if it was an issue on the Ford side, so I missed some of the meeting. I'll go back and watch the replay once it's posted. Here's what I was able to get.

There was no specific updates on launch timing. But there were mentions of the teams continuing to work on the Mach-E. Sharing photos and videos amongst the team. Doing virtual testing and such. The Sync team has taken home workbenches and equipment so they can continue their work as well.

The first employees to return will be those that require physical presence to do their jobs (think manufacturing and product development). These employees will be coming back in a staggered and progressive schedule. The planning assumption (not finalized) is to start in May and phase in through June.

Then folks who can work virtually, like me, the planning assumption (not finalized) is to start a staggered schedule starting at the end of June into early July.

Discussion of the same things as before on how to return to work safely, having PPE for employees, temperature checks, cleaning of workspaces, keeping social distancing.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like things are still on track assuming the workers can be protected adequately. ??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

That's great news. Was there any discussion of separating out decisions regionally? Of course, my main thought here is Mexico vs Detroit.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's great news. Was there any discussion of separating out decisions regionally? Of course, my main thought here is Mexico vs Detroit.
Yes. Decisions for each facility will be made factoring in local conditions (shelter in place rules, data from WHO/CDC, availability of PPE) and can the employees return safely.
Sponsored