Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This ... Not just the acceleration but the whole driving dynamics of it. (Model 3 at least) It's just a flat out fun car to drive. Going back to my wifes AWD R/T Charger just feels like boat in comparison. I really hope the Mach-E can nail the dynamics. It's one of those things that is just so hard to explain ... until you drive one.
From what I've seen of the MachE driving around the snowy test track, it will be a super fun car to drive.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What argument of mine is weak, Tim? I made a joke about Electric Jesus and you’ve jumped to defend his honour. Lol. A JOKE, Tim, seriously, how mich time do you have on your hands? What is the argument I need to work on?

Could you just do me a favour and make a list of things I can and can not say and what tone said things should adopt when being said? So far I’ve got calling him childish is okay if it’s about Covid and drunk tweeting, but not about smoking joints or the naming of his children. I shouldn’t compare him to a toddler or call him Electric Jesus, but if I instead attacked his actual persona and called him horrible human being, so long as I acknowledge his achievements, that’s fine. So in short... “voice your opinion and feel comfortable doing so”, but just not if doesn’t align with your opinion. Am I missing anything?
Well, Scott - you are right. In my carelessness I said things I shouldn't have, and already apologized for one of them.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Well, Scott - you are right. In my carelessness I said things I shouldn't have, and already apologized for one of them.
Okay mate, just tell me who should I apologise to, so we can move on... You, @Stickboy46, Musk, everyone on the forum? You know what, I’ll just cover all bases.

@Stickboy46, sorry for comparing Musk to a toddler off the back of your comments. I live with a toddler and it made me chuckle... but I can now see how it might have been offensive to people who hold Musk in a higher regard than I do. I apologise.

@timbop, I’m sorry my comments about Musk triggered you. He’s obviously not a toddler. It was in fact childish of me to make that joke.

To everyone here on the forum... I apologise for lowering the tone of the forum by making a joke at the expense Elon Musk.

I’ll construct an apology tweet for Elon later today and fire that off... hopefully after that, we can move on?

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Need to go the extra mile and use his Starlink internet and code it in for him to read it

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I like to say according to the order guide posted it has the select model standard equipment with 360 assist 2.0 but then on packages has it listed as an option. So my take on this is that the hardware is installed and will just need activating. I’m not trying to get into the heated discussion but after looking at the order guide briefly is shows it as standard equipment but then also has it as a package option as well. So I’m just guessing they will perinatal it and just not activate it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I like to say according to the order guide posted it has the select model standard equipment with 360 assist 2.0 but then on packages has it listed as an option. So my take on this is that the hardware is installed and will just need activating. I’m not trying to get into the heated discussion but after looking at the order guide briefly is shows it as standard equipment but then also has it as a package option as well. So I’m just guessing they will perinatal it and just not activate it.
Check it again. From what I can see, all trims (aside from GT which we just don't know yet) include Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 and Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0. Then, all trims except for Select include Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package.

On the Select, at the time of order, one can buy the Comfort / Technology Package at some extra cost (unknown), which adds Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package and several other things. If this works out the same way as most other cars are built from all the big manufacturers, then excluding this package at the time of vehicle order will mean that the ordered vehicle will not have the required modifications for Active Park Assist or the eventual capability of Active Drive Assist.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Looks like the software update for the active drive assist is due in the 3rd quarter next year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces 'Hands-Free’ Active Drive Assist With Driver-Facing Camera for Mach-E, Available Next Year with OTA Update 1592914165701

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
That's the optimistic view. The opposite view is that some underpaid intern just put the wrong info on the order guide because he didn't have clear direction :)

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And confirmation that there will be a separate fee for activation at that time.
Will be nice if they can get that pricing info out there before orders open up. How much that is could be a deciding factor for people ordering the Select model as to whether they get the prep package.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will be nice if they can get that pricing info out there before orders open up. How much that is could be a deciding factor for people ordering the Select model as to whether they get the prep package.
EXACTLY why I am not going to convert my reservation to an order until I have seen ALL of the pricing info (including lease rates). If they don't publish the price before dec 31, then I'll let my reservation get cancelled and I'll wait until next year to order either a Mach E or Model 3.

The good news/bad news is that the heated seats (which really are a must for BEV's in cold weather regions) are in the prep package or the appearance package, so you can look at the prep package as a bonus when you get the seats - or you can take the position that they're forcing you to get the prep package in order to get heated seats that should have been included.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EXACTLY why I am not going to convert my reservation to an order until I have seen ALL of the pricing info (including lease rates). If they don't publish the price before dec 31, then I'll let my reservation get cancelled and I'll wait until next year to order either a Mach E or Model 3.

The good news/bad news is that the heated seats (which really are a must for BEV's in cold weather regions) are in the prep package or the appearance package, so you can look at the prep package as a bonus when you get the seats - or you can take the position that they're forcing you to get the prep package in order to get heated seats that should have been included.
Also depends on how much that package costs .. which still isn't known either (but hopefully will be when they open the orders up later this week)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Also depends on how much that package costs .. which still isn't known either (but hopefully will be when they open the orders up later this week)
To me it also makes a difference if the driver facing camera can be used for the "I'm paying attention" cue when in auto lane centering if you have the prep package but don't buy the full handsfree. There's no reason that shouldn't work other than Ford trying to squeeze more money out of you.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
At least the seats are an option as from the initial reservation specs it appeared the heated seats where not even going to be an option, however they really should be standard on the BEV and not just the front the lack of rear heated seats on the mach-e is a massive over sight by ford and looks very bad compared to the model-Y where they are standard.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To me it also makes a difference if the driver facing camera can be used for the "I'm paying attention" cue when in auto lane centering if you have the prep package but don't buy the full handsfree. There's no reason that shouldn't work other than Ford trying to squeeze more money out of you.
I see almost zero possibility of that. If so ... what exactly are you paying for with the add on?
Sponsored