KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Does anyone know how many exterior facing cameras the Mach-E is using for this system?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Does anyone know how many exterior facing cameras the Mach-E is using for this system?
I don't think I've seen this listed anywhere yet. The 360 camera system uses 4 (front, rear, 2 sides). I have not seen how many will be looking through the windshield. I would think at least 2 to get stereo vision for good depth perception. So maybe 5-6 total + radars?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I see almost zero possibility of that. If so ... what exactly are you paying for with the add on?
Me either, but a man can dream can't he?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think I've seen this listed anywhere yet. The 360 camera system uses 4 (front, rear, 2 sides). I have not seen how many will be looking through the windshield. I would think at least 2 to get stereo vision for good depth perception. So maybe 5-6 total + radars?
Maybe even one or two more cameras or radars since the Mach E has the new "Intersection Assist" feature that Ford hasn't offered before.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Don’t think it was ever stated so all we can do is assume. My wild guess would be that the Mach e has a total of min 6 cameras. My breakdown is like this

Front grille area maybe 1
Front windshield 2 or 3 depending if on in front grille area if not 3 in windshield
Side 2
Back 1

total of 6 but their could be more or less but these are all just guesses

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
At least the seats are an option as from the initial reservation specs it appeared the heated seats where not even going to be an option, however they really should be standard on the BEV and not just the front the lack of rear heated seats on the mach-e is a massive over sight by ford and looks very bad compared to the model-Y where they are standard.
Depends on if you want heated steering wheel, which is on the Mach E but not Tesla 3 or Y. Rear seat heater kits exist, they are cheap but not sure how good they would be.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don’t think it was ever stated so all we can do is assume. My wild guess would be that the Mach e has a total of min 6 cameras. My breakdown is like this

Front grille area maybe 1
Front windshield 2 or 3 depending if on in front grille area if not 3 in windshield
Side 2
Back 1

total of 6 but their could be more or less but these are all just guesses
We know for sure there is one at the nose and one at the bottom of each side mirror in the full 360 application.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces 'Hands-Free’ Active Drive Assist With Driver-Facing Camera for Mach-E, Available Next Year with OTA Update nose camera

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces 'Hands-Free’ Active Drive Assist With Driver-Facing Camera for Mach-E, Available Next Year with OTA Update mirror camera

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It looks like the Hands-Free driving system (and OTA updates) are coming to the new F-150, too. That gives me hope that the system will have enough vehicles on the road to continue improving fairly quickly (because, sadly, we all know there will be more F-150s on the road than Mach-Es, for now).

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/25/...ive-drive-assist-hybrid-specs-features-photos
Good news, it will help to keep the prize down also. We will not see a $9,000 update like Tesla! I think it will be a just a few hundreds. And I hope for a discount as an early adopter.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Good news, it will help to keep the prize down also. We will not see a $9,000 update like Tesla! I think it will be a just a few hundreds. And I hope for a discount as an early adopter.
GM is planning to make their hands free SuperCruise system available on 22 models within the next few years. So it sounds like they may have gotten the cost down. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford and GM are sharing resources on this. If so, they could offer it on a lot more vehicles in the next few years. It would be their response to Autopilot, and having it on many models would be great for consumers.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
While i agree it likely wont be 9k, I'd expect to be disappointed if you are going with the expectation that it's only going to be a few hundred.
Sponsored