Giterdun

Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Administrator update: Ford US has responded saying there is no delay in the US and the Mach-E will still arrive in 2020 - later this year.

Emma Berg, a Ford spokesperson, told Electrek today:
Europe was never getting vehicles before the US. That was an error in a communication and later corrected. It is a planned concurrent launch.
She confirmed that Ford in Europe is informing its customers about the delay until 2021 “due to additional travel time from the plant” in Mexico, where the Mach-E will be produced.

Berg reiterated that the first deliveries in the US will happen before the end of 2020:
We expect to deliver the all-new Mustang Mach-E to US customers late this year.
Original post:

Just received email from Ford UK confirming delay till 2021. Hmm if only VW or Kia or Peugeot group could supply an ev with towbar, I,d jump ship in a second. Hate the look of model 3. Volvo and polestar just too expensive for me.

ukemail-mache-delay.jpg

Updated with Ford France's email announcement, posted by @Cricri67 below.

capture-d’écran-2020-05-22-à-15-36-16-png.png

jhalkias

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2016 Escape, 2019 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I wonder what this means for NA deliveries. Have not received anything like this in the US.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Keep an eye on your inbox and watch for official news postings from Ford.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Lexus CT200h, Mustang Mach-E First Edition (reservation)
Country flag
Official in France too. Same message...
Got it few minutes ago.

Capture d’écran 2020-05-22 à 15.36.16.png

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Country flag
Official in France too. Same message...
Got it few minutes ago.

Capture d’écran 2020-05-22 à 15.36.16.png
Google Translate:
Hello,

We would like to thank you for your patience and hope that you and all of your loved ones are well.

We are doing everything we can to resume the activity of our factories while making the safety of our employees and our customers our top priority.

Unfortunately, the COVID-19 has disrupted our production plants, which will cause a delay in the delivery of your Ford Mustang Mach-E. The start of deliveries for France is now scheduled for the beginning of 2021, and as one of the first customers to have reserved it, you are of course a priority.

The production of the first prototypes started just before containment and we are particularly confident about the quality of the final product. Indeed, we continue to make improvements to the Mustang Mach-E and we are convinced that it will exceed all your expectations.

We will keep you informed soon of new information concerning your 100% electric SUV.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't post the translation as it was exactly the same message than the first one on the thread.
Sorry!

Mchaelme

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, MB SLK
Country flag
Had my e mail today too. Oh well at least now it gives me chance to test drive the xc40 and polestar electric as they will. Ow be released this year. Shame it does not mention if any models will be available for test drive this year as that will be a deal breaker for me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Country flag
That's great news but clearly means US deliveries will start very late in 2020. Christmas presents?

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I wonder what this means for NA deliveries. Have not received anything like this in the US.
Originally it was first cars to EU and a total of 30,000 out of 50,000 to EU. What was never clarified was it the first 30,000 to EU and NA waits or were they mixing it up.

Mach-E as with most EV's is built to meet EU and China requirements for all EV by 2050+/-. It all depends on the 2020 EU emissions fines which has a complex formula of emissions based on total sales. Sales overall will be way down in 2020 and low emissions vehicles like the Ford Kuga PHEV will likely be harder hit, so it's all on how Ford is doing with the EU regs and penalties.

As discussed in another thread, UK is in a odd spot as likely not counting toward EU CO2 sales reduction. In addition to the right hand drive costs, could see Ford shipping all it's Mach-E's toward EU. Not sure what UK requires but priority for shipment of Mach-E is going to be EU, UK and then US.

US is going backwards with Trump/GOP reducing emissions requirements so no need for Ford to sell any EV's or PHEV's in US, especially if Trump/GOP are successful in overturning the CA CARB standards used by 15 US states. Ford could ship all the Mach-E's to EU and save 100's of millions of dollars.

So US and UK could see no Mach-E's in 2021.

"However, the prospect of an imminent Brexit at the end of January will force carmakers to make choices before the end of 2020, when the implementation period is scheduled to end and the UK-only limits kick in. That could include choosing to sell electric cars in the EU rather than the UK if they judge Europe to be a more important market."

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...es-could-be-pulled-from-uk-sale-say-carmakers

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
UPDATE: Ford US has responded saying there is no currently no delay in the US and the Mach-E will still arrive in 2020 - later this year
If Ford can ship them in US where there is no regulatory requirement for Mach-E's why wouldn't they ship instead to EU where there are big regulatory requirements?

Something seems odd about the two announcements.

eager2own

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Originally it was first cars to EU and a total of 30,000 out of 50,000 to EU. What was never clarified was it the first 30,000 to EU and NA waits or were they mixing it up.

Yes, 30k out of the 50k to the EU, but it was clarified that deliveries to EU and NA would happen at the same time, and it was not the plan to ship 30k to EU before deliveries to NA.

No Mach-Es to the US in 2021 is not going to happen. Ford has repeatedly stated the importance of this vehicle to growing Ford electrification in the US market. Contrary to your underlying assumption, Ford has consistently stated that it could've just built a compliance vehicle but opted instead to do something else.

eager2own

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If Ford can ship them in US where there is no regulatory requirement for Mach-E's why wouldn't they ship instead to EU where there are big regulatory requirements?

It's probably just proximity. Both sets may be coming out of the factory at the same time, but the US ones can get here in 2020 while the EU won't.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicles
Country flag

As I wrote on another forum, this is not an official statement from Ford, just someone at Ford answering a customer's request.
Let see what will be the official communication... and let see if this is not subject to changes in the future.

But I hope that I'm wrong and that the US folks will have more chance than us! Keeping our fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
kuga st line x RWD ER MACH E on order
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Mach-E as with most EV's is built to meet EU and China requirements for all EV by 2050+/-. It all depends on the 2020 EU emissions fines which has a complex formula of emissions based on total sales. Sales overall will be way down in 2020 and low emissions vehicles like the Ford Kuga PHEV will likely be harder hit, so it's all on how Ford is doing with the EU regs and penalties.

As discussed in another thread, UK is in a odd spot as likely not counting toward EU CO2 sales reduction. In addition to the right hand drive costs, could see Ford shipping all it's Mach-E's toward EU. Not sure what UK requires but priority for shipment of Mach-E is going to be EU, UK and then US.

US is going backwards with Trump/GOP reducing emissions requirements so no need for Ford to sell any EV's or PHEV's in US, especially if Trump/GOP are successful in overturning the CA CARB standards used by 15 US states. Ford could ship all the Mach-E's to EU and save 100's of millions of dollars.

"However, the prospect of an imminent Brexit at the end of January will force carmakers to make choices before the end of 2020, when the implementation period is scheduled to end and the UK-only limits kick in. That could include choosing to sell electric cars in the EU rather than the UK if they judge Europe to be a more important market."

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...es-could-be-pulled-from-uk-sale-say-carmakers
The article you quoted is over 4 months old. I would think that if Ford were going to take the stance you are suggesting then they wouldn't have made the MME available in the UK from the start. I would be appalled if they did that now. I have been a Ford driver for 30+ years so if they suddenly said "Sorry, but we aren't going to supply you an MME after all" that will be the last Ford I'll ever buy.