Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Administrator update: Ford US has responded saying there is no delay in the US and the Mach-E will still arrive in 2020 - later this year.

Emma Berg, a Ford spokesperson, told Electrek today:
Europe was never getting vehicles before the US. That was an error in a communication and later corrected. It is a planned concurrent launch.
She confirmed that Ford in Europe is informing its customers about the delay until 2021 “due to additional travel time from the plant” in Mexico, where the Mach-E will be produced.

Berg reiterated that the first deliveries in the US will happen before the end of 2020:
We expect to deliver the all-new Mustang Mach-E to US customers late this year.
Original post:

Just received email from Ford UK confirming delay till 2021. Hmm if only VW or Kia or Peugeot group could supply an ev with towbar, I,d jump ship in a second. Hate the look of model 3. Volvo and polestar just too expensive for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) ukemail-mache-delay

Updated with Ford France's email announcement, posted by @Cricri67 below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) capture-d’écran-2020-05-22-à-15-36-16-

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I wonder what this means for NA deliveries. Have not received anything like this in the US.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Keep an eye on your inbox and watch for official news postings from Ford.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Official in France too. Same message...
Got it few minutes ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) Capture d’écran 2020-05-22 à 15.36.16

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Official in France too. Same message...
Got it few minutes ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) Capture d’écran 2020-05-22 à 15.36.16
Google Translate:
Hello,

We would like to thank you for your patience and hope that you and all of your loved ones are well.

We are doing everything we can to resume the activity of our factories while making the safety of our employees and our customers our top priority.

Unfortunately, the COVID-19 has disrupted our production plants, which will cause a delay in the delivery of your Ford Mustang Mach-E. The start of deliveries for France is now scheduled for the beginning of 2021, and as one of the first customers to have reserved it, you are of course a priority.

The production of the first prototypes started just before containment and we are particularly confident about the quality of the final product. Indeed, we continue to make improvements to the Mustang Mach-E and we are convinced that it will exceed all your expectations.

We will keep you informed soon of new information concerning your 100% electric SUV.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't post the translation as it was exactly the same message than the first one on the thread.
Sorry!

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had my e mail today too. Oh well at least now it gives me chance to test drive the xc40 and polestar electric as they will. Ow be released this year. Shame it does not mention if any models will be available for test drive this year as that will be a deal breaker for me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's great news but clearly means US deliveries will start very late in 2020. Christmas presents?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Yes, 30k out of the 50k to the EU, but it was clarified that deliveries to EU and NA would happen at the same time, and it was not the plan to ship 30k to EU before deliveries to NA.

No Mach-Es to the US in 2021 is not going to happen. Ford has repeatedly stated the importance of this vehicle to growing Ford electrification in the US market. Contrary to your underlying assumption, Ford has consistently stated that it could've just built a compliance vehicle but opted instead to do something else.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It's probably just proximity. Both sets may be coming out of the factory at the same time, but the US ones can get here in 2020 while the EU won't.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I wrote on another forum, this is not an official statement from Ford, just someone at Ford answering a customer's request.
Let see what will be the official communication... and let see if this is not subject to changes in the future.

But I hope that I'm wrong and that the US folks will have more chance than us! Keeping our fingers crossed! ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The article you quoted is over 4 months old. I would think that if Ford were going to take the stance you are suggesting then they wouldn't have made the MME available in the UK from the start. I would be appalled if they did that now. I have been a Ford driver for 30+ years so if they suddenly said "Sorry, but we aren't going to supply you an MME after all" that will be the last Ford I'll ever buy.
Sponsored