TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They could always make 8000 or so then hire their own ship. Wouldn't have to worry about schedules then.
I don't think auto mega transport ships are just sitting around idle waiting for someone to charter them.
Sponsored

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Je suppose quand même que les FE seront livrées en premier, que ce soit aux USA ou en Europe

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
FWIW, I'm not so sure a 16xxx reservation number was going to get delivery in Nov (or even Dec) in the first place. I'd have guessed closer to Jan-Feb.
I'm just hoping my 55xx First Edition is delivered before the end of the year! I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on 16xxx.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The ships surely continue to run on schedule whether Ford misses their slot for 1000 MMEs or not. And once you miss your slot, it could be many weeks (even months) before you get another one. I wouldn't doubt that's part of why Ford threw in the towel on any chance of 2020 arrivals in Europe. It's not like you can just book a ticket for the next day if you miss your slot.
Actually, a lot of shipping has been thrown way out of whack with all the manufacturing shutdowns and restarts. It's been tough on a number of industries whose logistics have been severely jostled. I have friends on some Pacific islands where most of the food comes in by ships and keeping store shelves stocked has been crazy. I'll be the on again, off again auto plants have done the same.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm just hoping my 55xx First Edition is delivered before the end of the year! I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on 16xxx.
I'd feel better with that res#. But even then, I'm guessing "late 2020" means quite late. And that's if things go well. I don't think it would take too many hiccups to push US deliveries into January as well.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Just received an e-mail yesterday from the lease company that put in the order with a Ford dealer here in NL. My Mach E (ordered early Feb) was supposed to be delivered end of November, confirmed new date is now Feb 28 2021. I will look into possibilities to cancel my order, because electrical company car will be become much more expensive next year due changes in tax regulations. Too bad.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I hear ya. I would think, if the first 4,000 are company cars, hard to imagine you don't have a 2020 delivery provided there are any 2020 deliveries. I was figuring that with 50,000 2021 production models, would mean roughly 5,000 per month. If customer deliveries had started in October, as previously suggested, I imagined squeezing in before end of December - especially given the number of reported GT reservations, which would be produced after my Premium (and that my reservation was week 2, if registration numbers are actually not sequential). If, though, most deliveries will be delayed 1-2 months, with a handful delivered in 2020 to satisfy marketing claim of "available late 2020," then that certainly puts me into 2021, presumably Q1.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Before it was first shipments going to EU so they could arrive same time as US. Now first shipments going to US, and I assume they can't make enough to cover US and EU for simultaneous shipments leaving the first week or two)... I would think that production and logistics might make it closer to 60 days now that they have given up on simultaneous release as it's shipping and production time. That said, FE is probably still FE, so maybe it will be closer to 30 days on those. After waiting over a year, besides for tax implications 1-3 months doesn't make much difference between US and EU...

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Si, c'est énorme 3 mois, dans certains pays d'Europe comme les Pays Bas, la fiscalité change au 31 décembre. Facile de dire ça quand on est aux USA

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Et si c'était prévu avant fin 2020 c'est aussi pour les nouvelles normes CO2. Attention aux annulation de réservation ça va pas faire une bonne publicité pour Ford et par les temps qui courent pas certain que ce soit une bonne idée

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
@Berth48 I doubt Ford had many options between factory closures from COVID and shipping logistics. Maybe some of those countries will extend the tax incentives as we near the end of the year.
Sponsored