Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I rather doubt that unless Ford marketing has a complete reversal on how they were going to introduce the Mach-E to the US market.

St00K on the Mach-E Forum had a meeting with Jason Mase who oversees Ford Electrification Marketing Strategy at the Chicago Auto Show and asked him the following question.

Q: What deliveries will take place in Q4? Just the First Edition?
A: First Edition will be delivered in Q4 as well as some Premium, Select, and Calif Route 1 models. He also added that all 50 states will get Q4 deliveries, regardless of the reservation number. They want to make sure that it's not just a bunch of models all getting shipped to California.
That would be nice but remember: all of those statements were made pre-Covid. I think they've re-written most of those plans.

I'll bet this will hold (my guess based on the latest we've heard):
1) All First Editions and Premiums will be produced together. Then Selects, then GTs.
2) US will be done in a batch followed by European (divided into left and right drive models -- although these may be separate batches)
3) Order will be Euro FE/Premium, US FE/Premium, Euro Select, US Select, GTs

Whether they will actually go in complete, consistent batches may depend on orders. If Premiums are under-subscribed, they may move selects earlier to fill known demand prior to dealer inventory. I'll bet all of the initial dealer stock of 4,000 are all FEs and Premiums as those are the ones dealers want to show off.

If we assume 20K MMEs for US and 30K for Europe/UK, and 3K FEs, remaining 1/3 each of Premium, Select, and GT, then production is roughly
US Europe
FE 1200 1800
Premium 6000 9000
Select 6000 9000
GT 6000 9000

If assembly line was planned to run at about 5,000/month, all the FEs are less than a month, US runs are a bit longer than a month and European runs almost two months. Who knows how much the lines might slow down due to Covid-19. Of course, 5,000 was always just a guess from this forum.

Let's assume production starts in August. That could mean all the FEs and Premiums could be produced before the end of the year.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've been puzzled at that 69xxx reservation number. It, and the few others reported in the higher numbers, are wholly inconsistent with the pace of numbers that slowed to a crawl around 46,000. I really don't think there were anything close to 69,000 actual reservations.
We long ago concluded on these fora that the numbers are not sequential. There always seemed like there were gaps. Ford confirmed that in response to auto writers who started reporting Ford was making more than 50,000. However, Ford has neither said how many reservations there really are nor how many FEs will be made.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow! I have not heard of those problems. Is there a lemon law on Oregon? I replaced my TS with a PHEV from Volvo. It had the features I wanted that a TS or TX did not Have.. It developed a coordination problem between the front and back motors that kept it in the shop. I asked for a Lemon Law replacement thru writing and talking. They did it, and I have been happy with the replacement for 2 years...although the dealer marked my car title with “Lemon” instead of the old car.

I hope your T3 settles down For you.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This may be one of the factors that is delaying the Mach-e getting to Europe. 4Qtr cars won’t count as revenue if they are in a ship queued for the Panama Canal or bouncing around South America (two delays mentioned by Elon). If they ship To Europe in early 1Q, then those cars will count in 1Q sales.
As someone discussed elsewhere on the Mach E fora, the European shipments are probably coming out of Veracruz, so no time going to or transiting the canal, and definitely not going around the horn. The plant is a short train ride to Veracruz.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) 130503_Mapa_Ferroviario.pdf

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
I see LYTMCQ doing what he does best on the Ford forum, bashing Tesla. I wish Ford had these problems, and was selling over 1 million EV's like Tesla has. Ironically this is in the thread of disappointed Mach E reservation holders LOL.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Well, I hope someone gets their car in 2020. The only advantage for us in Europe is that we might get some owner feedback before we have to commit. Personally, I think I’m more likely to go for a Model 3 now.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
I had an exchange this morning with my dealer in France. It is obvious that for the moment they do not have much information from Ford France, but the latter admits that he did not inquire more than that about the evolution of the situation. He still announced deliveries for late 2020.
In addition, he clarified to me that the dealers had to order for them (show room) exactly like us online via the same process.
That in Chartres there are 8 pre-orders, there are 38 dealers in France to offer the MME, which should represent around 300/350 pre-orders to date (60 at the start of the year).
He will get information from Ford France quickly and get back to me. Confirmation that there will be no test model but that Ford can not "crash" in the launch of this vehicle in this period of trouble. Which pushes me to maintain my option with the firm intention of being among the first users in France, thus conveying the new libertarian spirit of Mustang...

;) ;) ;)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have said on this forum in various chats that until Ford informed me of a delay in the delivery of my MME then I would expect it before Christmas. Well Ford did indeed inform me that my car would be delayed until early 2021. Now that date can be interpreted many ways. Jan, Feb,Mar. I am now resigned to the fact that I am not going to get a nice Christmas present. My deadline for the car now is March 30th. Why? Well by this date I have to have the car serviced, get its annual safety check (MOT) and renew road tax. Now if delivery looks as if it might be after then, then that is a deal breaker for me as the car will be another year old resulting in less trade in value and I wont be able to recover those costs in a sale. I would get some road tax back.
I have done my fair share of speculation about production/delivery but unless Ford are being very cautious/clever by announcing UK/EUR delays and then pull the rabbit out of the hat and miraculously make delivery this year, 2021 it is. What I don't understand is how Ford.fr and Ford.nl and their dealers can STILL tell their customers they are getting delivery in 2020 when we have been told it's not going to happen. This whole launch of this fabulous looking car in turning into a right mess. Good luck to Ford in getting out of this without too much loss of reputation.
It seems to me that there are an awful lot of people pulling the plug already. This is only likely to get worse so in theory once preorders are converted to confirms Ford will have less to make to satisfy those orders. I suppose that is one way of getting rid of the time wasters/speculators. I am sure all will be revealed once production has started and things could always change again.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Attention, the dealer did not tell me that I will be delivered in 2020, he just said that contrary to what our customers have received, he had no internal information of this report.
But as a customer of Ford MC he received the same email as month for a deadline in 2021.

???

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Attention, the dealer did not tell me that I will be delivered in 2020, he just said that contrary to what our customers have received, he had no internal information of this report.
But as a customer of Ford MC he received the same email as month for a deadline in 2021.

???
He still announced deliveries for late 2020.

I am sorry but this part of your earler post seems to be different that what you are saying above

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that the transalte does not help ...
He just told me that he had no info from Ford France specifying a delay and that I seemed to have more info than him, that he was therefore going to get closer to Ford France, something he didn’t want. had not yet taken the time to do ...

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think that the transalte does not help ...
He just told me that he had no info from Ford France specifying a delay and that I seemed to have more info than him, that he was therefore going to get closer to Ford France, something he didn’t want. had not yet taken the time to do ...
I think people are relying on what their dealers say. I have not had any contact from my nominated dealer at all during this process, all my contact has been with Ford UK. Perhaps it would be better to speak to Ford.fr instead

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just had 3 year service it cost just a little under ÂŁ400 plus ÂŁ145 road tax. 4 year service is bigger so will cost more plus road tax so in 2 years it could cost me almost ÂŁ1,000. Most EV's service intervals are 2 years mostly so my costs would be ÂŁ0
Sponsored