PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
I think people are relying on what their dealers say. I have not had any contact from my nominated dealer at all during this process, all my contact has been with Ford UK. Perhaps it would be better to speak to Ford.fr instead
He left me a message on Saturday am, I called him back this morning, it is the director of the concession who is directly responsible for the customer link for the MME. Mobile number and direct mail given, we set out to communicate each information that he will take care to check with Ford France. We also mentioned the towing capacity, it will go deeper with Ford France.
Sponsored

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Just got a phone call from my organization's mobility department. Apparently all colleagues that had ordered a Mustang reached out to him, wishing to cancel now deliveries have been pushed until (at least) Feb 28 2021. Obviously all due to changes in Tax regulations. In most cases, the car will cost people € 100 (net) per month more, adding up to € 6000 over the course of a 5 year lease contract. He will talk to the lease company and the Ford dealership that takes care of all lease car orders, and will inform me and other colleagues if cancellation is still possible. Will be interesting to see if more orders from NL get cancelled because of this delay.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if more orders from NL get cancelled because of this delay.
I wonder if anyone is lobbying NL lawmakers to extend the tax regulations for the same reason (virus delays). All auto manufactures worldwide experienced production delays.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which confirms what read elsewhere, week 8/2021

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
My speculation would be that they intended to spread out production during many months rather than mass produce in a few months. That would explain why they expected the GT to start deliveries 6-8 months after the other models.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My speculation would be that they intended to spread out production during many months rather than mass produce in a few months. That would explain why they expected the GT to start deliveries 6-8 months after the other models.
Yeah, I don't think there's any question that they plan it to be a continuing operation (year-round), not just a temporary startup to crank out 50,000 in a few months and then shut the plant down. I'm surprised that's even been suggested.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That seems unlikely, but okay.

The only vehicle produced at that plant in recent years was the Fiesta for NA markets (Mexico, U.S., Canada). Hey, that's what I drive! You can see the figures here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta

More than 50k per year, but not by a lot. Certainly in that order of magnitude.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Escape PHEV is expected to be built at the Louisville plant.

The F-150 EV at the Dearborn plant.

The Mach-e is the only model being build at Cuautitlan. The Fiesta was the only model built there in the last decade, and it ended in 2019.

There was one report that the new Ford Courier (compact pickup) could be built at Cuautitlan too, but now it's looking like it'll be built at Hermosillo.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I hate to feed into one more thread degrading into the same cycle of hitting a brick wall, but now I am curious:

Do plants that produce more than 1 vehicle style actually have more than 1 assembly line? Stopping the line to retool every few weeks would be pretty expensive; when I used to write and sell software for small manufacturers they would go out of their way to reduce setup times as much as possible. Is my assumption correct, or is the single line retooled every so often to switch over to a different vehicle?

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Information that I had not seen or that has just been entered on the order tracking, we could choose a delivery option during the summer of 2020 ...
Maybe nothing new to the west but I had passed through.

Commande 1.0.PNG

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I hate to feed into one more thread degrading into the same cycle of hitting a brick wall, but now I am curious:

Do plants that produce more than 1 vehicle style actually have more than 1 assembly line? Stopping the line to retool every few weeks would be pretty expensive; when I used to write and sell software for small manufacturers they would go out of their way to reduce setup times as much as possible. Is my assumption correct, or is the single line retooled every so often to switch over to a different vehicle?
My current car is a Kuga which was made in Valencia. If I remember correctly they have only 1 production line making Kuga, Mondeo and a couple of other models

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Information that I had not seen or that has just been entered on the order tracking, we could choose a delivery option during the summer of 2020 ...
Maybe nothing new to the west but I had passed through.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Announces Mach-E European Deliveries Delayed Until Early 2021 (No Delays For US Customers) Commande 1.0.PNG
This has always been on Ford.uk