Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
Someone on a Dutch forum checked with Ford NL and they informed that the max pressure on the hitch is only 30kg. Do not know if it is true but this would be very low. My current bike carrier is already 19kg....
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Someone on a Dutch forum checked with Ford NL and they informed that the max pressure on the hitch is only 30kg. Do not know if it is true but this would be very low. My current bike carrier is already 19kg....
From the email i received from the local Ford dealer:

I have just received an answer from Ford Netherlands. The towbar for the Mustang Mach-E will be available as an accessory and will therefore be available locally at the dealer.

However, please note that the nose weight is only 30kg, so that will soon be insufficient to be able to transport bicycles with it.

In contrast with what the norwegian said.....

The Mustang Mach-E will be able to pull trailers with permissible total weight up to 750kg, but it will not be type approved for roof load. Ford will offer solutions for ski freight, bike freight, and the like on the available towbar.

very confusing

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's VERY encouraging. Hope it can be repeated. 3.97 miles/kWh is WAY better than the 3.07 Ford initially targets for the AWD ER (270 mile range / 88 kWh). 29% better.

Granted, it was only at 48 MPH avg. At probably ideal temps. Going sea level to sea level. Probably driving cautiously rather than aggressively. But still.
Going from sea level to sea level but with around 2,400m elevation change on the route!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes but remember this information drop was Ford approved, not just some vlogger.
Dyno tests results (hope no playing with scalars) will give most a yard stick to base the range on. Model Y with 0.7 scalars EPA range 291 mile (not 316) on a performance with 20" wheels and a 77 kw pack so is more than 270 on a 88 kw pack possible. Of course. The rumor was put out of modest gains; a 15% gain would make most smile and have more patience.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not completely. EVs normally consume more power climbing hills than they are able to regen going down.
Bev's do not suck air so altitude should not matter. That is why they kick ICE vehicles in mountain climbs, no need to stop to adjust jetting on the carbs. If their regen is really good that could skew results, really baby it up the hills, who knows. I will wait for standardized EPA results as speculation on the numerous variables of this release are immense (real world vs EPA conversation). Those real world results however look real good at face value. Good day to get a call that the plant has excepted to building my Mach :cool:. I bought it with the 270 mi estimate and a 100 kw pack; anything greater than 270 will be a bonus and appreciated. Hope my pack has those 10.8 kw stored and is still 98.8 kw. This is S size not 3.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ok, but... I couldn't hear it, only him hitting it... now I wonder what the horn sounds like.
start a new thread so we can have like 900 posts speculating on it... maybe with some hints from MX

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I translated the video.

The AWD Mach-e also had a midpoint mileage of 408 km using 75% of the battery pack = 544 km range. The last 76 km only used 9% so there was some regen happening.

"do you think I get all the way from Oslo to Trondheim with this new Mustang mach-e without a single charging stop?
This is a pre-production variant of our electric SUV On this one that has four-wheel drive, the range is up to 540 km

up to 540 km range with four-wheel drive
up to 610 range with rear-wheel drive

Join! We try!
You clearly know that Mustang genes live in this car. It is sprightly and at the same time very comfortable.
Although relatively large, it is easy to handle in city traffic. You sit high and have a good overview The cabin is also spacious Even I with my 1.91 have- surprisingly large space in the mustang mach-e.
We have just passed Berkåk - and we still have 25% electricity left on the battery. Now it is almost in the center of Trondheim. Then we got to Melhus Bil in Trondheim. So we have driven from Oslo to Trondheim - without a single charging stop
and still has 14% electricity left on the battery It's absolutely amazing. Mustang Mach-e is not just delicious to look at here the latest in new technology It is fantastically good to drive
It's sporty at the same time very comfortable - and you have plenty of space - even if you are 1.91 on the stocking stone as the undersigned is

new mustang mach-e - impressive range and driving characteristics
Ford
"

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I translated the video.

The AWD Mach-e also had a midpoint mileage of 408 km using 75% of the battery pack = 544 km range. The last 76 km only used 9% so there was some regen happening.

"do you think I get all the way from Oslo to Trondheim with this new Mustang mach-e without a single charging stop?
This is a pre-production variant of our electric SUV On this one that has four-wheel drive, the range is up to 540 km

up to 540 km range with four-wheel drive
up to 610 range with rear-wheel drive

Join! We try!
You clearly know that Mustang genes live in this car. It is sprightly and at the same time very comfortable.
Although relatively large, it is easy to handle in city traffic. You sit high and have a good overview The cabin is also spacious Even I with my 1.91 have- surprisingly large space in the mustang mach-e.
We have just passed Berkåk - and we still have 25% electricity left on the battery. Now it is almost in the center of Trondheim. Then we got to Melhus Bil in Trondheim. So we have driven from Oslo to Trondheim - without a single charging stop
and still has 14% electricity left on the battery It's absolutely amazing. Mustang Mach-e is not just delicious to look at here the latest in new technology It is fantastically good to drive
It's sporty at the same time very comfortable - and you have plenty of space - even if you are 1.91 on the stocking stone as the undersigned is

new mustang mach-e - impressive range and driving characteristics
Ford
"
Good stuff. If the ER AWD really has a range of 338 miles, I'll be ecstatic. US miles.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I really dislike the ABRP, but the one thing they have that even I have to give them credit for is that they are very accurate with Teslas (not with my BEVs). The comparison of Model Y and Mach-E on ABRP is interesting.

It would be helpful if we knew how long that trip took in the MME. Tesla Bjorn, we need your help.