Ford apologizes for a crappy app...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We understand that when using Android OS 11 with your FordPass™ App and Phone As A Key, performance hasn’t been living up to your expectations.

Please know we’re committed to bringing you the best experience possible, and we’re hard at work with Google™ to resolve the connection issue. We’ll let you know as soon as functionality is restored.

In the meantime:

If you see “Bluetooth disconnected” status on the home screen of the FordPass App, you will not be able to use Phone As A Key to enter or start the vehicle.
Please close out and restart your FordPass App to reestablish a Bluetooth connection and start functionality. Or you can use a key fob to enter and operate the vehicle.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Screenshot_20210819-165708_One UI Home.jpg
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m not a programmer, but the first thing I would try is removing all the useless and annoying clutter from the app. I bet that would fix it. Again not a programmer, but those stupid news tiles are almost certainly the battery drain culprit.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford needs an EV only app. Fix MyFordMobile.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’m not a programmer, but the first thing I would try is removing all the useless and annoying clutter from the app. I bet that would fix it. Again not a programmer, but those stupid news tiles are almost certainly the battery drain culprit.
It is probably more a case of the app trying to constantly establish a connection with the car, which keeps the app active and the RF circuitry overly busy pinging away. That was probably done because people complained about the delay in the car recognizing the phone in earlier versions

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I still don't understand why my bluetooth headphones can connect to my phone reliably in under 4 seconds but the car can't establish connection to the phone. Feels like they are doing this backwards and making the phone establish connection with the car.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
We understand that when using Android OS 11 with your FordPass™ App and Phone As A Key, performance hasn’t been living up to your expectations.

Please know we’re committed to bringing you the best experience possible, and we’re hard at work with Google™ to resolve the connection issue. We’ll let you know as soon as functionality is restored.

In the meantime:

If you see “Bluetooth disconnected” status on the home screen of the FordPass App, you will not be able to use Phone As A Key to enter or start the vehicle.
Please close out and restart your FordPass App to reestablish a Bluetooth connection and start functionality. Or you can use a key fob to enter and operate the vehicle.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Screenshot_20210819-165708_One UI Home.jpg
I received this apology notice too and hopefully they will improve performance for my Pixel 5 with Android 11. Honestly, performance has been average (some delay and battery drain) but I still use PAAK all the time.

Two observations though. First, Android 12 is coming out real soon so maybe focus on that too. Second, I'm really happy for all the iPhone users because apparently they're having no problems ???

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I am a programmer and that won't help. They did a shitty job with the blue tooth connection and I'd bet that is the battery drain issue. I bet they outsourced the people that created the app and that they just don't have the REAL knowledge needed to code this correctly.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am a programmer and that won't help. They did a shitty job with the blue tooth connection and I'd bet that is the battery drain issue. I bet they outsourced the people that created the app and that they just don't have the REAL knowledge needed to code this correctly.
Ford sync product has never worked well with Bluetooth anything for whatever reason their hardware and software have never worked well together they're not consistent.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
Saying "we’re hard at work with Google" implies that it's a Google problem.

Tesla PaaK is very reliable on the same phones, so this appears to be squarely on Ford.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Saying "we’re hard at work with Google" implies that it's a Google problem.

Tesla PaaK is very reliable on the same phones, so this appears to be squarely on Ford.
I'm reading more as "Google help us! We can't figure out how to do this!"