Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I find it interesting that one of the work a rounds is to use a fob. I only received one fob with the car.
Last time I looked only one person can drive the car at a time.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That ship has already sailed, but many folks have a key or fob for each primary driver in other cars or trucks. That's the way the car should have been delivered -- with two fobs. Then if you want to use PAAK, you're good and have a spare key. If you don't, or it isn't sufficiently reliable, you have two keys. At this point though, people need to find another source for a second key.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
This is true, but have you never heard of the concept of a backup? There is a reason cars have come with 2 sets of keys since before I was born…

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
It’s no more a “safety issue” than pre-remote lock/unlock was. There once was a time, where you had to walk up to your locked car and use a metal key to unlock the door. Then, once inside the car, you had to select a different metal key to insert into the ignition lock and start the car. It really sucked if it was raining on date night, you got drenched opening the door for your beloved first then walking around to get in yourself.
I had such cars and in those case you would preemptivly have them out ready to go. With an app that is not 100% reliabile you are taking a chance with your loved ones being attacked while she ot he fumbles with an app loading and time. It's how I feel when I factor in my wife or daugther and their safety.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I had such cars and in those case you would preemptivly have them out ready to go. With an app that is not 100% reliabile you are taking a chance with your loved ones being attacked while she ot he fumbles with an app loading and time. It's how I feel when I factor in my wife or daugther and their safety.
Sounds like one of those classic horror movie scenes where they fumble with the keys and loose all dexterity trying to get in the car and drive away ?

In all seriousness though, if you need to open the door in a hurry, the keypad can be used in 5-10 seconds. Not as fast as just walking up, but certainly not a dangerously long time either

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag

In this scenario, the attacker would suddenly give up after the door is opened? Unless you have a bullet proof car, it doesn't really matter

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We understand that when using Android OS 11 with your FordPass™ App and Phone As A Key, performance hasn’t been living up to your expectations.

Please know we’re committed to bringing you the best experience possible, and we’re hard at work with Google™ to resolve the connection issue. We’ll let you know as soon as functionality is restored.

In the meantime:

If you see “Bluetooth disconnected” status on the home screen of the FordPass App, you will not be able to use Phone As A Key to enter or start the vehicle.
Please close out and restart your FordPass App to reestablish a Bluetooth connection and start functionality. Or you can use a key fob to enter and operate the vehicle.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
I'd rather have gotten a second key fob. I only configured the paak for the back up start code. I've never used the PAAK. Just did a dry run to make sure the startup code works.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
In this scenario, the attacker would suddenly give up after the door is opened? Unless you have a bullet proof car, it doesn't really matter
Holy smokes. You guys need to move to a safer neighborhood.

PSchooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
That ship has already sailed, but many folks have a key or fob for each primary driver in other cars or trucks. That's the way the car should have been delivered -- with two fobs. Then if you want to use PAAK, you're good and have a spare key. If you don't, or it isn't sufficiently reliable, you have two keys. At this point though, people need to find another source for a second key.
Not so! Ford will be happy to sell you a fresh new keyfob, now please fork over $225!

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
It is probably more a case of the app trying to constantly establish a connection with the car, which keeps the app active and the RF circuitry overly busy pinging away. That was probably done because people complained about the delay in the car recognizing the phone in earlier versions
I was searching for a thread on PAAK and phone battery life, and this is the closest one I found. I installed PAAK yesterday and by late afternoon my phone battery was starting to run low (Galaxy S10+). It looks like it's always active because the key icon persistently displayed in the upper left corner of the phone. Is there a fix to keep it from draining your phone battery? The only one I came up with was to remove PAAK from Ford Pass. Outside of the battery drain issue, it seemed to work fine. That said, I'm not willing to have to charge my phone mid-day especially since they're now providing two fobs at delivery. I would still prefer not to carry the fob if there's a way to have it running in the background. To your point I was mostly within 100 feet of the vehicle yesterday both at home and work, so I wondered if it wasn't constantly trying to reconnect.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
I was searching for a thread on PAAK and phone battery life, and this is the closest one I found. I installed PAAK yesterday and by late afternoon my phone battery was starting to run low (Galaxy S10+). It looks like it's always active because the key icon persistently displayed in the upper left corner of the phone. Is there a fix to keep it from draining your phone battery? The only one I came up with was to remove PAAK from Ford Pass. Outside of the battery drain issue, it seemed to work fine. That said, I'm not willing to have to charge my phone mid-day especially since they're now providing two fobs at delivery. I would still prefer not to carry the fob if there's a way to have it running in the background. To your point I was mostly within 100 feet of the vehicle yesterday both at home and work, so I wondered if it wasn't constantly trying to reconnect.
I turn the app off (force stop) when I know I won't be driving for a while. Although I haven't really noticed a big battery drain when I leave it on either. I wonder if folks who are getting cell phone battery drain are somewhere close enough to their car where the app is constantly talking to the car all day long or for long periods?

Also because I saw this discussed some here in this thread - I have the PAAK working w/ two Mach-E's. To go back and forth between two cars using it you basically have to switch to the car in the app that you want to use, turn the app off (force stop to make the key icon disappear) and start the app again (with the key you selected loaded up). The first car it loads into will have the correct PAAK key loaded for it.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I still don't understand why my bluetooth headphones can connect to my phone reliably in under 4 seconds but the car can't establish connection to the phone. Feels like they are doing this backwards and making the phone establish connection with the car.
Yes, but your headphones have just started pairing mode when you turned them on. I don't think it's feasible for the car to stay in pairing mode constantly.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
I wonder if folks who are getting cell phone battery drain are somewhere close enough to their car where the app is constantly talking to the car all day long or for long periods?
That's what I'm wondering.
Sponsored