Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I absolutely love my Mach E GT. When I ordered my Mach E GT 4-28-2021 you advertised "The Mustang Mach-E GT model offers pure torque-drenched exhilaration with a performance-inspired design. With 480 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque." You did not state it had a governor performance restriction at 5 seconds to reduce power. Should my exhilaration be for only 5 seconds and then just fade? My 2011 GT I traded in for my Mach E didn't have any power restrictions.You falsely advertised what I was buying so I feel you short changed me. If you did that to reduce battery drain and increase the estimated range for a better rating and sales comparison to other EV competitor’s, that’s fine. I’m sure you used the Whisper or Engage mode to maximize range performance. Keep the 5 second restriction in those 2 drive modes. I understand and accept that my range will be reduced in Unbridled mode, which I use all the time, so give me back my full power and performance I paid you for and open up Unbridled mode with an OTA update.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I absolutely love my Mach E GT. When I ordered my Mach E GT 4-28-2021 you advertised "The Mustang Mach-E GT model offers pure torque-drenched exhilaration with a performance-inspired design. With 480 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque." You did not state it had a governor performance restriction at 5 seconds to reduce power. Should my exhilaration be for only 5 seconds and then just fade? My 2011 GT I traded in for my Mach E didn't have any power restrictions.You falsely advertised what I was buying so I feel you short changed me. If you did that to reduce battery drain and increase the estimated range for a better rating and sales comparison to other EV competitor’s, that’s fine. I’m sure you used the Whisper or Engage mode to maximize range performance. Keep the 5 second restriction in those 2 drive modes. I understand and accept that my range will be reduced in Unbridled mode, which I use all the time, so give me back my full power and performance I paid you for and open up Unbridled mode with an OTA update.
If Ford said that max power would be available for more than 5 seconds, then they did indeed engage in false advertising. If they did not address that issue, how is it false advertising? Did you get the advertised 480 hp? Did you get the advertised 600 torque? Did you get the advertised exhilaration and performance-inspired design? Is it possible that you anticipated something that was not advertised? By all means if they advertised more than 5 seconds and did not deliver, they did false advertising. Otherwise, I think what actually happened is that the car did not meet your expectations which is different from false advertising. On the other hand, it would be very nice if Ford created a track mode for people who want to drive on the track with full power for more than 5 seconds.