Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Maximimize trade-in value? How?
I just mean that I won't owe anything so I'll be able to use the full value of it when I sell it
Sponsored

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just mean that I won't owe anything so I'll be able to use the full value of it when I sell it
Oh, got it. Yes -- the longer you wait, the more of a benefit you'll realize. You won't be putting significant amounts of your money towards a car so you'll be saving more towards other purposes.

I've owned my vehicle outright for more than 7 years now, so the money I've saved on car payments in the mean time can be used as a substantial down payment towards the Mach-E.

I was hoping you could share some tricks to improve resale value, in a way that is profitable.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I am going to ramble here, sorry!

Yea no kidding, I was actually getting annoyed reading the chats as it worries me how we as future owners will get treated while out and about. I wanted to say look at some of the older Mustangs, should they have called those a Mustang? The future is not the past and if Ford doesn't adapt to changing times, they will fold like a cheap suit. Using a well known brandname to slingshot a new car / SUV is brilliant, especially if you are years behind the pack. Now what do I know, I never owned a prior Mustang, but always loved some of them but not all of them. Why not embrace and support keeping the name alive, it's all about selling cars, not about protecting the brandname that has been dying off for years. It's not like the Mustang name is what it was many years ago. Time to reinvent the wheel and get things on track, this is a great way to enter the market with putting all of the cards on the table. Using the name to me means they are serious and this is not just another attempt at an electric car from Ford.
Well the problem is that Ford went from a 760 hp V8 monster of a car, or even a nice autox ecoboost to a .....trendy electric SUV, that “wasn’t designed for performance” ? Huh ? If they dropped the Mustang part and called it Mach E it would be fine, and not catch as much hear as it is.

The same issue happened with the Dodge Charger (OMG ITS A SEDAN) Dart (OMG it’s a import 4 banger), WRX CVT( An auto isn’t a real WRX), or BMW whoring out the M badge on their cars (OMG a M340i is not a real M).
If the car is good people will get over it. If not ...well Ford blew it.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Did anyone here win the Ford SEMA sweepstakes contest that was mentioned earlier in this thread? The link is dead now, but I believe it said a winner would be contacted today.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Did anyone here win the Ford SEMA sweepstakes contest that was mentioned earlier in this thread? The link is dead now, but I believe it said a winner would be contacted today.
No. I filled out the survey that they emailed to me and gave them a lot of useful feedback. They should reward me with an EVSE regardless of the sweepstakes. :)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
sadly not I. Prob that John or James guy that basically got every question he asked answered.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I entered but no dice.