Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
As I understand X-Plan, the price would be invoice less 0.4%. Can dealers then add ridiculously priced accessories, fees, etc. or do they need to honor that price? Also, if the dealer I selected when I made the reservation does not participate in the X-Plan, can I change dealers when the order is placed?
Sponsored

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Just read that the Ford pricing plans for the Mach E are different from the rest of their lineup. Per CarsDirect quoting a dealer bulletin on 12/19/18, the X-plan pricing for a Mach E is MSRP - 2%, plus $275 admin fee.

So using X-plan, it looks like a First Edition at an MSRP of $60,000 would take off $1200, and then adding back the $275 fee would get you to about $900 off MSRP, give or take.

That's enough of a discount to pursue, in my opinion. (Just hoping that the dealership won't slap on an ADM based on the demand for the First Edition)

Source: https://carsdirect.com/deals-articles/mustang-mach-e-eligible-for-ford-plan-pricing-discount

Last edited:

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
When I first reserved the car, I sent an email asking my chosen dealership about X plan applicability, as I had used the X Plan on my '06 Mustang. The dealership stated that they would not offer X Plan pricing. That was before the memo from Ford, so I plan to take another run at it once some of the real ordering details are finalized over the next few months.

It is important to note that the plan pricing is entirely voluntary by each dealership. If they elect to offer pricing, they have to follow Ford's guidelines. But nothing requires them to offer the plan pricing. So I may be shopping for another dealership in the near future!
Sponsored