trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ford had an impressive 3Q 2021 and Jim Farley also says rollout of BlueCruise pushed back to 1Q 2022.

Separately, Farley on Wednesday said Ford would delay an over-the-air rollout of its BlueCruise hands-free highway driving system from this year until the first quarter of next year. He said the delay is to simplify the technology, which is viewed as a new recurring revenue opportunity and a way for Ford to catch up with other systems from competitors such as GM and Tesla.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford BlueCruise OTA rollout delayed until Q1 2022 1635376215822

Ford shatters Wall Streetā€™s earnings expectations, raises guidance for the year on new vehicle demand

DETROIT ā€” Ford Motor nearly doubled Wall Streetā€™s earnings expectations and slightly beat revenue projections for the third quarter, leading the automaker to increase its annual guidance for the second time this year.

Hereā€™s how Ford performed versus what Wall Street expected based on average analyst estimates compiled by Refinitiv.
  • Adjusted EPS: 51 cents per share adjusted vs. 27 cents per share expected
  • Automotive revenue: $33.21 billion vs. $32.54 billion expected
  • Fordā€™s shares jumped by more than 9% during after-hours trading. The stock closed Wednesday down by 2.7% to $15.51 a share.

ā€˜More to comeā€™
Ford cited strong demand for newer products such as the Bronco SUV and Mustang Mach-E, which the company said could reach 200,000 units in sales globally a year.
ā€œI believe we have the right plan to drive growth and unlock unprecedented value,ā€ Ford CEO Jim Farley told investors Wednesday during a call. ā€œYouā€™re already seeing favorable change in the slope of our earnings and cash flow. Thereā€™s more to come.ā€
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
BOO! BOO!

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
simplify the technology
I wonder what simplify means, being that itā€™s already out there. Hopefully it means it will be less scared of corners.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
Sounds like they are continuing to improve it. I'm happy to wait another couple of months. Of course I'm happy to wait because I'm still waiting for the car.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
This is bullshit. Obviously I want a working product, but it's already proven to be working in the GT's. I want the functionality that was advertised to me when I bought it and stated to us as being delivered in Q3 of 2021. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Image that...

Enjoy your billions now Ford, because the way you are treating your customer and the way you have approached the software side of the EV it will be short lived. You just happen to be the first "major" established moto company that put out an EV with a popular pony attached to it and riding the EV train that is happening right now.

Things would have to DRASTICLY change for me to buy another Ford EV. The car hardware its self is up to snuff, its a good looking car, but the software is Alpha quality at best.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This is bullshit. Obviously I want a working product, but it's already proven to be working in the GT's. I want the functionality that was advertised to me when I bought it and stated to us as being delivered in Q3 of 2021. I don't think that's unreasonable.
It is also already working in premiums

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am very glad that ford is doing well financially since Iā€™m a stockholder. As a customer and early adopter of the Mustang Mach E, Iā€™m disappointed that Iā€™ll have to wait longer. Iā€™m extremely annoyed that Ford doesnā€™t have a decent program in place to communicate with me (and other owners). Iā€™m not asking for daily progress updates, or the gory technical details of how OTA works. I AM asking for regular, periodic communication of solid dates for major feature enhancements AND prompt, timely updates when they have to change those dates and what the new dates are. I manage very large programs. I get it. Stuff happens and sometimes you have to slip major milestones. Just tell me what the milestones are on a regular basis AND tell me promptly when you have to change the milestones. I donā€™t even need to know the gory details why.
@Ford Motor Company - communicate, communicate, communicate. Please.
Sponsored