Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bummed that its going to slip, but the good thing is they are supposedly updating it and making it better. It could be possible that they took Sandy's advice in his review and decided its not ready and has a lot of work to be done to it before its ready or it will disappoint customers. Just my two cents....Im dissapointed but, now im expecting a really good product!
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Learning from Tesla (Elon) did not mean his ability to predict new releases. Why is Ford trying to out do him in this area?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This is disappointing for sure.

I wonder if early feedback and telemetry from reviewers and GT owners was too negative. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This is disappointing for sure.

I wonder if early feedback and telemetry from reviewers and GT owners was too negative. ?
Well apparently the "simpler" is around OTA and not BlueCruise, so I guess not.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Since delay is due to improving the OTA process... Maybe, maybe they could revisit the idea of letting it be added at dealers?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company - communicate, communicate, communicate. Please.
But that's the point - they DID finally communicate and people are up in arms ANYWAY!

*** this is not specifically directed at @Jimrpa ***
It should be deadly obvious to all by now that some serious shit hit the fan with the OTA scheme because - as mentioned - bluecruise installed at the factory is working. As for all the complaining about not getting what you were PROMISED WHEN you were PROMISED - grow up. Ford saying "it's targeted for summer/Q3" is a best faith estimate that they fully intended to make but things didn't work out the way they planned. Clearly the problem is with OTA as many of you realize because you have been bitching about it for 6 months or more.

Imagine if you PREPAID $5,000 for a capability on a leased car in 2016 and NEVER got what you paid for?

Seriously, put on your big boy pants and grow up.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But that's the point - they DID finally communicate and people are up in arms ANYWAY!

It should be deadly obvious to all by now that some serious shit hit the fan with the OTA scheme because - as mentioned - bluecruise installed at the factory is working. As for all the complaining about not getting what you were PROMISED WHEN you were PROMISED - grow up. Ford saying "it's targeted for summer/Q3" is a best faith estimate that they fully intended to make but things didn't work out the way they planned. Clearly the problem is with OTA as many of you realize because you have been bitching about it for 6 months or more.

Imagine if you PREPAID $5,000 for a capability on a leased car in 2016 and NEVER got what you paid for?

Argh, you with your logic

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford BlueCruise OTA rollout delayed until Q1 2022 tenor (6)

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
The "recurring revenue opportunity" is 100% the reason that I skipped adding the blue cruise package on my GT. I just don't see enough value in it to pay for the hardware on top of paying for a subscription for it.

Sorry to all of you that have to suffer through more delays.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Funny- the last rep I spoke to about a week and a half ago ASSURED me it would be out by Halloween.
Ford really needs to work on their communication- even between themselves.

CeramicShark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag

*** this is not specifically directed at @Jimrpa ***

I get their OTA process sucks, that is clear to everyone, but there is a solution. Let me take my car to the dealer and let the dealer flash it for me, just like it's installed on the new cars coming off the factory floor.

They even sent me an email a while ago telling me it was coming soon.

They won't do this for one simple reason, $$$, they need to protect those billions they made, some of which was made by promising something they are now delaying from Summer to Q1 2022, which based on Ford's track record isn't a sure bet.

Let me take it to the dealer and get it installed like any other TSB under my warranty.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Bummed that its going to slip, but the good thing is they are supposedly updating it and making it better. It could be possible that they took Sandy's advice in his review and decided its not ready and has a lot of work to be done to it before its ready or it will disappoint customers. Just my two cents....Im dissapointed but, now im expecting a really good product!
Perhaps, except it’s already out and being used on production cars.
Sponsored