First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Will this charger come with the Mach e or we need to pay extra for it?
The vehicle includes a charger. You just need an available outlet to plug it in.

They'll be selling an optional "connected charger" that can charge a bit faster than the included one. Or you can buy one elsewhere. The included charger should be more than adequate for most people.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There is more up to date information about EA's plans, Inside EVs sat down with them for a chat:
https://insideevs.com/news/389891/exclusive-interview-electrify-america-problems-solutions/
Right. Tom Moloughney also did a piece on this in his weekly segment on E for Electric YouTube channel with Alex Guberman. However, in both his article and YouTube segment, they didn't really address the extent of the network. I'd love to see them be aggressive in geographically expanding the number of interstates and main highways as well as include popular destinations such as Yellowstone National Park. Right now based on the Cycle 2 plan there is no indication that that is going to happen with Electrify America.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Has anything been said about how weatherproof the the chargers are (the included one and the one that Ford will sell)? I doubt I'll be able to get my Mach E in my garage, so I'll be charging it in the driveway.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
This has been the Electrek article about the included Ford Mobile Charger I've been pointing to. It used to include this picture of the charger, but the article has now removed the picture, so I'm not sure if it might not have been correct, or changed?

Anyway...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charger for Mach-E Ford-Mobile-Charger-electrek

https://electrek.co/2019/11/18/ford-mustang-mach-e-home-charging-on-par-with-tesla/
Yeah that’s pretty much it. It’s on display at the auto shows if anyone goes. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yeah that’s pretty much it. It’s on display at the auto shows if anyone goes. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
Looking at the plug orientation and the 'Ford' label on it I"m guessing I would have to have the 14-50 outlet mounted up higher than a normal outlet on the garage wall?

Like this (maybe not quite this high, but you get the idea the outlet can't be at a 'normal' outlet height):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charger for Mach-E 1580744263231

Otherwise the Ford part could be upside down if the outlet is lower down on the wall forcing me to install it upside down and twist the cord upwards to avoid the floor? The 14-50 plug is usually with the ground pin on top.

Does the backside of the charger have the ability to hang the box part off of a screw?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Looking at the plug orientation and the 'Ford' label on it I"m guessing I would have to have the 14-50 outlet mounted up higher than a normal outlet on the garage wall?

Like this (maybe not quite this high, but you get the idea the outlet can't be at a 'normal' outlet height):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charger for Mach-E 1580744263231

Otherwise the Ford part could be upside down if the outlet is lower down on the wall forcing me to install it upside down and twist the cord upwards to avoid the floor? The 14-50 plug is usually with the ground pin on top.

Does the backside of the charger have the ability to hang the box part off of a screw?
Seriously, how many anal retentive people are here who's garages look like that? Mine most definitely does not,

Reactions: UW2

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
So I can’t really comment on plans to expand the DC network or the nature of the relationship with Electrify America, but the NA DC network is expanding reaaaalllly rapidly, with 800 sites by Dec. 2021 compared to around 158 sites today.

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/82

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/0...ricas-plan-to-simplify-electric-car-charging/
Seriously, how many anal retentive people are here who's garages look like that? Mine most definitely does not,
Nor does mine LOL
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charger for Mach-E evse1s

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charger for Mach-E evse1s

Ground pin is on top, but you should be able to put it in any outlet. I’m personally going to mount mine higher just for convenience but building code requires the outlets be a certain height off the ground in garages and outdoors.

If any of you people use extension cords though, you will make me sad

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, you are what my nightmares are made of.
LOL!

To be fair: The Clipper Creek is a portable EVSE that lives in my Bolt--not on the wall. I switch between the Bosch one and the JuiceBox depending on where I have to park (the JuiceBox's cable is only about 4' long and the Bosch's cable is around 20').

The JuiceBox is rated for up to 80 amps but my circuit there is barely half of that.
Sponsored