JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The JuiceBox 40 is a little less ($619) and works very well. It has a 14-50 plug and connects to WiFi so you can check status with an app. It maxes out at 40 amps but that’s not all that much less than the 48 amps on Ford’s home EVSE. I’ve had mine for just over a year and love it.
Yes thinking of either the juicebox or GrizzleE to get in next 60 days
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It would be $799 for me. Interesting that they don't have the Mach E on their list of vehicles to check to see if the part is right. In fact, Ford Parts doesn't even seem to know the Mach E exists as a 2020 model.

It has Mustang. The result is "This part does not match your vehicle:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charging Station Now Available on Fordparts.com Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.17.45 AM

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Let's see what @Ford says on Twitter:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charging Station Now Available on Fordparts.com Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.27.06 AM

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charging Station Now Available on Fordparts.com Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.27.06 AM
Did you remember to sign up for the $20 discount for opening a fordparts.com account? ?
Same with me - dont want a hard wired charger
according to the installation instructions, there’s an optional 4-wire installation that allows for future removal and replacement with a “NEMA 14-XX outlet hardwired to the junction box”. I was going to ask my electrician to do that to try to futureproof my installation as best I can.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I said this in a thread a while back and for some reason it was lost but I bought one of these, and I've been happy with it so far: OpenEVSE - Electric Vehicle Charging Solutions

Goes up to 48A (configurable) without hard-wire, has a web interface and LCD showing the current status, has MQTT support and some third-party automation support (e.g. Home Assistant), etc. etc.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Did you remember to sign up for the $20 discount for opening a fordparts.com account? ?

according to the installation instructions, there’s an optional 4-wire installation that allows for future removal and replacement with a “NEMA 14-XX outlet hardwired to the junction box”. I was going to ask my electrician to do that to try to futureproof my installation as best I can.
where did you find the installation instructions (too lazy to look for myself)

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
I had a 240 volt outlet installed in my garage for around $250. Told the electrician that it was for a dryer. Otherwise, $1,000 + for a home charging station installed. Has worked great for Tesla Model S and Model 3. Fully charged cars overnight. (Charging time may be longer for usage more than daily average.)

Last edited:

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I had 240 volt outlet installed in my garage for around $250. Told the electrician that it was for a dryer. Otherwise, $1,000 + for a home charging station installed. Has worked great for Tesla Model S and Model 3. Fully charged cars overnight.
so same plug and wiring the same electrician was going to charge +750 more if the use was for EV charging?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The Ford branded charging unit is now available for delivery in December. I ordered it last night and received a confirmation email with a link to installation specs.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/ford-connected-charge-station-13221001-1
Thank you! Great find.

Can you share the link to the installation manual?

The info sheet that's linked from the product description confirms the charger can be adjusted down to 16A. I'd like to see the manual to see how they handle that and what sort of effort is required for install.

I will most likely buy this charger after delivery of the car, using my FordPass Rewards points.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
The JuiceBox 40 is a little less ($619) and works very well. It has a 14-50 plug and connects to WiFi so you can check status with an app. It maxes out at 40 amps but that’s not all that much less than the 48 amps on Ford’s home EVSE. I’ve had mine for just over a year and love it.
Question - What can you get from the charging app that you won't be able to get from the Ford Pass app, which is basically charging status of the ME?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Question - What can you get from the charging app that you won't be able to get from the Ford Pass app, which is basically charging status of the ME?
You can enable or disabled the EVSE remotely (via app). This could be useful if you install in an outdoor accessible spot and want to prevent random access.