John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Don't forget the EVSE 30% Federal Tax Credit that expires 12/31/2020. The credit lowers the effective price of the Ford Charger to $525 and the Grizzl-E charger effective price to $415. That narrows the price differential between the two from ~$200 to ~$110. (I ordered both - the Grizzl-E for outdoors at work and the Ford for the garage at home)
Where are you getting those numbers?
Ford Charger = $799 - 30% = $239.7 effective cost = $559.30
Grizzle E = $399 - 30% = $119.7 effective cost = $279.30

That gives me a difference of $280.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wisconsin Pony Gal

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Just in case anyone's interested in the link Ford provides as fodder for your electrician, I've attached the document. It's not really an installation guide, but has some good technical info if you need to get estimates. There's nothing mentioned about the Ford - Amazon partnership.

As I'm catching up on the thread, I'm horrified at the range of prices we're seeing from dealers. MSRP just ain't what it used to be.... which was the starting place where you could negotiate a deal and think you got a bargain.

Attachments

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What I find interesting is that, even though I had to “choose a dealer”, I selected ship to my home. Why couldn’t I just click around for the “cheapest” dealer, make that my dealer, then still do ship to my home? If fordparts.com says I can buy it for $200 if I pick a dealer in Delaware, then I’m certainly picking a dealer in Delaware.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
1, 3, and 4 the Grizzl-E has as well. It doesn't have a rubber grip handle, but I don't see an issue with what it has either. You're paying more with the Ford charger for a permanent hardwired setup that will give you a little more charge speed and some integration with the Fordpass app. I can understand the desire to go either way depending on what you need or just plain prefer, but for a lot of people a few hundred dollars in savings is a fair trade off for the extras the Ford charger offers.
We don't have pricing yet on the Ford mobile adapter, but if people are people are price sensitive, then just picking up a second one to keep at home is the way to go.
  • It's only 8A less than the Grizzl-E.
  • Has easy to use wall mounts.
  • Super durable.
  • Comes with a portable bag and swappable outlet adapter.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Question - What can you get from the charging app that you won't be able to get from the Ford Pass app, which is basically charging status of the ME?
It gives you a history of your charging sessions. More importantly for me, it tracks lifetime kWh used. This allows me to track my monthly home charging use. It also supports time of use restrictions if electric rates change throughout the day.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Where are you getting those numbers?
Ford Charger = $799 - 30% = $239.7 effective cost = $559.30
Grizzle E = $399 - 30% = $119.7 effective cost = $279.30

That gives me a difference of $280.
Yes. Should have been more clear. I used the pricing I got for delivery of each to Alaska. $749 for the Ford wall charger ($0 delivery)and $549 for the Grizzl-E Extreme Model (Arctic Cable $499) + ($50 delivery).

My point was: the US EVSE 30% tax credit offsets some of the price differential due the larger credit on the more expensive EVSE.

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
What I find interesting is that, even though I had to “choose a dealer”, I selected ship to my home. Why couldn’t I just click around for the “cheapest” dealer, make that my dealer, then still do ship to my home? If fordparts.com says I can buy it for $200 if I pick a dealer in Delaware, then I’m certainly picking a dealer in Delaware.
+1 on this one. If it's gonna be shipped for Free, do I even need to pick a local dealer?

EDIT: Site says I need to pick a dealer in the same state, but again does it need to be local dealer or one that will offer EVs?

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If dealers are willing to ship the wall box from their parts department to anywhere in the country, then maybe it makes sense to take notes on who's got the lowest prices?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If dealers are willing to ship the wall box from their parts department to anywhere in the country, then maybe it makes sense to take notes on who's got the lowest prices?
I will bet if you called a dealer’s parts department directly and knew the price, they’d be happy to ship a part to you. I can’t imagine a dealer sticking up their nose and saying “No! I WON’T take your money!” (Unless Ford has some kind of restriction in dealer agreements).

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Is it standard 30% for EVSE charging station or based on state ?

horsevxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, 01 Cobra, 86 SVO, Mach E GT
Country flag
Would it be possible to just install a NEMA 6-50 male pigtail on the back of the Ford charger and then plug it into an existing 6-50 outlet? I already have a 60 Amp 240V outlet on a dedicated circuit in my garage for my TIG welder, and it would be nice be able to just reuse that since I will never need the charger and welder at the same time.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Y’all should try La Jolla CA 92037 zip code it comes to 1100 lol umm I’ll just buy one off amazon for 400 lol

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charging Station Now Available on Fordparts.com 3FCB465E-06E1-413A-A9DD-2606EAA5D711

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Any thoughts on how many miles per hour of charging I'll get with this?
Depends on the efficiency of the vehicle and the charger. For reference, just multiply volts X amps to get watts. Then divide by 1000 to go from watts to kW. Then pick the efficiency and multiply by the number of watts.

For example using a one hour charge: 20 amps X240 volts =4800 watts; 4800 watts /1000 = 4.8kW. Charging for one hour would be 4.8kWh. 4.8kWh X 3 miles/kWh = 14.4 miles. If it turns out you get 4 miles/kWh then it would be 4.8kWh X 4 miles/kWh = 19.2 miles.

However, these numbers will overstate the range because the wattage is from the wall. There will be some losses during the charging process, which takes place in the car where the charger is. Take 87% of the estimated range which gives you 12.5 miles/hour and 16.7 miles/hour.
Sponsored