Ford Checkout / Complete your Purchase

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
As my car continues its winding path to the dealer, I wanted to ask about any experiences folks have had with the Ford online checkout that is linked from the “Complete your Purchase” email that arrives when the car reaches the dealer.

I’m still at least a few weeks away from receiving this email but want to know what to expect when it does arrive. Is it worth using this system at all? At a minimum to just be able to easily review all the pricing/paperwork ahead of time from the comfort of my own home? Or is the dealer going to rip everything up and start from scratch anyway? For what its worth, price protection doesn’t apply to me (January order), so I’m not worried about the system not being able to deal with that. I also don’t have a trade-in. But I am purchasing on X-Plan and hope to use Ford Options and get the incentive and rate available at the time of my order.

The only info I’ve found so far is from the 12/6 (2021 MY) thread here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/12-6-builds-the-last-of-the-21s.11302/page-87#post-343201 From that discussion it seems like it could be worthwhile to go through the online checkout process.
Sponsored

Coryisbored

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order: 2023 Mach E Premium AWD 9217 459/1419
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
C
As my car continues its winding path to the dealer, I wanted to ask about any experiences folks have had with the Ford online checkout that is linked from the “Complete your Purchase” email that arrives when the car reaches the dealer.

I’m still at least a few weeks away from receiving this email but want to know what to expect when it does arrive. Is it worth using this system at all? At a minimum to just be able to easily review all the pricing/paperwork ahead of time from the comfort of my own home? Or is the dealer going to rip everything up and start from scratch anyway? For what its worth, price protection doesn’t apply to me (January order), so I’m not worried about the system not being able to deal with that. I also don’t have a trade-in. But I am purchasing on X-Plan and hope to use Ford Options and get the incentive and rate available at the time of my order.

The only info I’ve found so far is from the 12/6 (2021 MY) thread here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/12-6-builds-the-last-of-the-21s.11302/page-87#post-343201 From that discussion it seems like it could be worthwhile to go through the online checkout process.
urious: did you end up using the online checkout? I’m in the same boat, with my car a couple weeks from delivery and wondering the same thing

OP
OP

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Nope. The financing part of the site didn't work at all for me, though it was back in May so that issue may have been fixed. I came in armed with all of my supporting documentation and previous dealer communication and it ended up working out just fine.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nope. The financing part of the site didn't work at all for me, though it was back in May so that issue may have been fixed. I came in armed with all of my supporting documentation and previous dealer communication and it ended up working out just fine.
I just went through the process this past Friday. It still has the same issue. It shows the current financing rate instead of the rate at the time of order. Fortunately, the finance guy at the dealer was on top of it and got me the correct rate.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yup, the online checkout does not do incentive protection nor price protection. You can complete most of the process and select "sign at dealer", that will still save you some time from filling out the finance application.

Road2Nowhere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE - Select
Country flag
The online checkout was super easy, although I did finish up at the dealer. The dealer had 3.9% financing at signing, but I received a letter a week later stating that it had been changed to 2.9% based on the order date. Both dealer and ford were great!
Sponsored