Ford Co-Pilot360 and Active Park Assist 2.0

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't like the sound of this. Tesla charges $8k for this sort of thing. I hope Ford doesn't follow that example.

with flexibility to separately purchase Active Drive Assist as an over-the-air software update next year.
Sponsored

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
I don't like the sound of this. Tesla charges $8k for this sort of thing. I hope Ford doesn't follow that example.

with flexibility to separately purchase Active Drive Assist as an over-the-air software update next year.
The features offered are quite different. I read somewhere the hands free Active Drive Assist update would be around $2k. Everything else Ford has pitched is included up front or comes standard.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

The features offered are quite different. I read somewhere the hands free Active Drive Assist update would be around $2k. Everything else Ford has pitched is included up front or comes standard.
That $2000 you heard is purely supposition. No actual dollar amount has been suggested by Ford, although useless phrases like "not too expensive" have been used.

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
That $2000 you heard is purely supposition. No actual dollar amount has been suggested by Ford, although useless phrases like "not too expensive" have been used.
Yep - should have had air quotes around “read”. I was just trying to convey there will most likely be a cost but not as great as Tesla charges for their full autopilot.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well, within a week of the MME hitting the hands of our members, there will be a video of some clueless person trying to find the gas cap for the MME.

Casting Call for all late teens and early 20's offspring of MacheForum members. :p
I still want @timbop to take it to one of those NJ full service-only gas stations. ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
"Customers will pay an estimated one-time fee of $1400.00 for the hands-free..."

This is the first price I've heard.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Its all relative: The sun does rise and move across the sky relative to the person standing on the planet--its just a frame of reference issue.

With the charge door looking more like a gas door than prior Fords it is possible you'll get questions: "Why is the gas filler up front?" (Although I haven't had that question much with the Bolt which looks similar. In fact I don't get many questions about the Bolt at all; not like I did with the Focus Electric--don't think EV's are as a novelty as much anymore.)

I did pull the Focus Electric into the dealer service area once and they asked if I wanted them to change the oil (sure I happened to be standing in front of the big "ELECTRIC" on the lower door but hey ;) ).

Although since the Mach-E is creating a bunch of buzz it is likely you'll get people asking "what is that??"
I can tell you that the parallel park option on my Ford Escape works great. I use it all the time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
"Customers will pay an estimated one-time fee of $1400.00 for the hands-free..."

This is the first price I've heard.

I wonder if Autoline is violating an embargo by sharing it now?

Darren Palmer mentioned in today's webinar that he was with auto journalists yesterday, driving cars with them.... Speculating here, but this might be a hint that they just had their press briefings and maybe test drives. Hopefully we see the results within a month or so.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I wonder if Autoline is violating an embargo by sharing it now?

Darren Palmer mentioned in today's webinar that he was with auto journalists yesterday, driving cars with them.... Speculating here, but this might be a hint that they just had their press briefings and maybe test drives. Hopefully we see the results within a month or so.
Nevermind... I listened to that portion of the webinar again. He said "car of the year journalists, er um, jury" referring to the NACTOY committee, not auto journalists. Oh well! Still hoping for their reviews soon. :)