Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
no not mine just a meme dog from the internet but my folks had a big old husky that never tore anything up and was a pretty good dog all around except for he would lie down exactly in the spot you needed to walk and would not move.
They don't tear things up but do have a percentage of wolf in them to be pure breed. My first one 27 years ago had a bit too much and was not pure breed. Good boys to have around the farm up here. When it comes to rodent protection they are on top of it. Best of partners rather be with people then others like them. Doctor every thing he get goes down his throat.

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Is this bad?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station Stop Sell Order IMG_20210222_072354

Made it 36 hours.

My dealer said just bring it in for a refund. Grizzl-E should be here Thursday. ☹ Really liked the look of this one.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Finished my install yesterday, had started before the stop sell order but needed to source a sixty amp square-D. Seems there was a fire someplace and due to Covid import limits there is a bit of a shortage of 60amp square-D breakers. Of course, why not.

I will run mine until it dies, also wired in a secondary 14-50 circuit so when it does give it up I can use the portable until a replacement arrives, probably a Grizzl-E.

I also find assembling the cable holder with those recessed torques screws a real pain in the ass, it restricts a person from using a bit and requires a actual purpose built driver. Even when a proper driver is used the tip comes useated and jumps once you try to tighten the cheesey rattle out and you have to fight with it to get it seated in there firmly. Someone needs a swift kick in the nuts for that design.
SQ-D breakers are assembled in Mexico and their plant has had several Covid-related shutdowns. All sizes of their breakers have had shortages over the past 9 months or so. The C-H breaker plant is in the same city as SQ-D and they have had similar issues. Which series do you need? QO or Homeline? I have a spare QO-60 I'd be happy to part with. I ordered 2 because it was cheaper than ordering one and paying shipping!

And I had no problem with my torx driver accessing the setscrews. Maybe I was lucky to have a compatible driver.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
SQ-D breakers are assembled in Mexico and their plant has had several Covid-related shutdowns. All sizes of their breakers have had shortages over the past 9 months or so. The C-H breaker plant is in the same city as SQ-D and they have had similar issues. Which series do you need? QO or Homeline? I have a spare QO-60 I'd be happy to part with. I ordered 2 because it was cheaper than ordering one and paying shipping!

And I had no problem with my torx driver accessing the setscrews. Maybe I was lucky to have a compatible driver.
25 years of turning screws has me doing an attachment on my Dewalt whenever possible. Some Ciena products have the same issue with having to finish screwing them in due to pretty countersunk mount holes. I tend to just zing my screws through the plastic and avoid turning those last few turns by hands, my wrists appreciate it.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Got the call today to return the charger to dealership. (My sister works there) Parts said they'll order me an "updated" version and ship it when it arrives. MME hasn't arrived yet, and weather still blows, so I'll wait on new before having it installed.?‍♂

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Makes me really love my 32amp Juicebox. Three years and still pumping those electrons with nary a fuel spill..........
My Blink has been doing that for a decade. Amazing about the lack of spills!

Other than the fact the unit is housed in a very large enclosure no complaints. Originally it was connected and threw errors from time to time. Then Blink got out of the retail business and ended the connectivity part. Haven't had any issues since.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I installed a JuiceBox 40 plug in and haven't had any issues so far charging my MME.
That's what I have and have had no problems either. Of course that could be because I don't have my Mache-E yet! :p Sorry, I couldn't resist. ?

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Got the call today to return the charger to dealership. (My sister works there) Parts said they'll order me an "updated" version and ship it when it arrives. MME hasn't arrived yet, and weather still blows, so I'll wait on new before having it installed.?‍♂
Did they have any idea of time frame on the "updated" replacement?

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I installed a JuiceBox 40 plug in and haven't had any issues so far charging my MME.
Juicebox has just come out with a 48 amp charger (Max for the MME). $689 on their website but no stock yet. I called and they said they would be in by the end of MArch and on Amazon also. The only problem with my older 32 amp is the wifi connection gets a little squirrely sometimes. The 48 amp would be 25% faster for those needing a new charger, but for now I think my 32amp will be fine.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Did they have any idea of time frame on the "updated" replacement?
Nope, said he'd place the order, but no idea on date. I decided to just take the refund for now and wait.

ecweiss5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem X4, Toyota Highlander, Mini S, Sonata
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I got notification my charge station shipped from the dealer and is arriving tomorrow. I made a courtesy call to the dealers parts department and the stop sale order was news to him. After 10 mins of digging he was able to confirm this is the case. Issue with maintained connectivity when the MME is plugged in. I get to look at the box and send it back! Guy was a little pissed he had yet to receive a notice from Ford. Had just shipped out a few and gets to make some “fun” calls to wrap up his day.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So, I called my dealer, and the service department dug around in their systems for a bit and could find no information about a stop sale order. The only thing they could find was a notation to contact [email protected] with questions, so I sent an email to them. I also called the Mustang Mach E Marketing Team at Ford at 1-800-334-4375, and they told me that they haven't been told anything about a Ford Connected Charge Station stop sell or recall during their daily meetings, and the person checked with their supervisor to see if there was any updated info. There wasn't. So, Ford Parts chat has no knowledge of this, my dealer has no knowledge of any issue, and the Ford Mustang Mach E Marketing team has no knowledge of this. I'll see if I get an email from [email protected], but for now, I have no reason to wave off my electrician.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, the kind folks at [email protected] got back to me, and shared the following:
Ford has become aware of instances where some North American Ford Connected Charge Stations record a fault signal that prevents further charging. While no safety concerns are associated with this condition, the company has issued a stop sale of new charge stations until the issue is resolved and is working with affected Mustang Mach-E customers. A variety of home and public charging options, including the Ford Mobile Charger which comes standard with every Mustang Mach-E, enable affected customers to continue to enjoy driving their vehicle as the issue is addressed. Customers that experience a concern with their Ford Connected Charge Station should contact Ford at (800) 392-3673.​
I also finally got ahold of someone at Ford Performance who knew about the situation and verbally told me pretty much the same thing, but also added it wasn't necessary to return the Ford Connected Charge Station at this time. He just recommended not installing it yet, until Ford determined how they were going to handle the issue.