Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I will find out about the charger Monday. Enjoy your weekend and I will make a call and find out what the truth on the chargers are.
You’re the best!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I will find out about the charger Monday. Enjoy your weekend and I will make a call and find out what the truth on the chargers are.
that would be great.

I have one on preorder, but given incentives and my currrent build date (11/23), any eta past December would likely be a no go for me. I’ll need to cancel my order for the Ford charger and go down another route.

sucks for us earlier adopters but I can see them ramping up for where most of the demand will occur

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have the Chargepoint Flex and it’s great. I don’t see the advantage to getting one that has a Ford logo on it.
I plan on sticking to the 32 amp L2 Aerovironment RS EVSE that we currently own. However, that ChargePoint Flex is interesting because I can control it with Alexa ar home which might be nice. The Ford connected unit might do that but I am not sure. Heck, the MME itself might connect to Alexa when at home.....

When the MME arrives, we will be a 2 EV household. With two ICE pickups for weekend duty. Hopefully I will be able to replace the two pickups with an EV F-150 or Rivian. I will then need something different to charge with. Maybe this mode?
https://www.chargepoint.com/products/commercial/ct4000

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I plan on sticking to the 32 amp L2 Aerovironment RS EVSE that we currently own. However, that ChargePoint Flex is interesting because I can control it with Alexa ar home which might be nice. The Ford connected unit might do that but I am not sure. Heck, the MME itself might connect to Alexa when at home.....

When the MME arrives, we will be a 2 EV household. With two ICE pickups for weekend duty. Hopefully I will be able to replace the two pickups with an EV F-150 or Rivian. I will then need something different to charge with. Maybe this mode?
https://www.chargepoint.com/products/commercial/ct4000
Clipper Creek has a home version of that dual charger unit.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've got the Aerovironment charger and am using it for my Bolt. I love it . I'm not that worried about Bluetooth for communication.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Would be nice if they try and make these chargers available to individual MME buyers concurrently with the delivery of their vehicles as opposed to keeping it separate and people without their cars yet potentially being able to get one months before delivery when there is a shortage, but I may be getting greedy with my early build date.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Clipper Creek has a home version of that dual charger unit.
I checked my panel. I don't think it can support two EVSEs at 48 amps.....not at the same time. So, I will have to figure out a way to budget time for each vehicle to get juiced up. That is a problem to solve down the line though. First things first..... need to take delivery of the MME and see if sharing a L2 becomes an issue.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Would be nice if they try and make these chargers available to individual MME buyers concurrently with the delivery of their vehicles as opposed to keeping it separate and people without their cars yet potentially being able to get one months before delivery when there is a shortage, but I may be getting greedy with my early build date.
Let's see what info trutolife27 can did up. Might not be as dire as my dealer is saying. Even if they are delayed until April, there are several other brands out there that will charge the MME as max power and certainly plenty of supply of 32 amp L2 units.

I presume one could order the ChargePoint flex and qualify for the tax rebate this year or even order a 32 amp L2 and run a 60 amp circuit for future. The tax credit would still apply I am pretty sure.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I presume one could order the ChargePoint flex and qualify for the tax rebate this year or even order a 32 amp L2 and run a 60 amp circuit for future.
That's what I've had done, sub panel and wiring to support the hardwired Ford connected charger but had a 14-50 plug and lower rated breaker installed. I have been about to order the Grizzl-E many times but keep questioning myself. Do I just use the mobile charger for now? Do I want a wifi enabled charger? Do I wait for the updated Grizzl-E model? Etc

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Do I want a wifi enabled charger? Do I wait for the updated Grizzl-E model? Etc
The updated Grizzl-E connected model has been "Coming Soon" for the last six months. If the Ford Charge Station I have on order for "December delivery" is, in fact, delayed, and the tax credit actually expires on 31 Dec, I may just take the tax credit on the Grizzl-E I bought for the office and use it at home.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Happy with mine as well. I like that I went with the plug-in version so I can take it with me when I move.
I had the same put in when we built house and took the deduction back then along with our PvE solar system. No BEV yet, but the charger was there. I was anticipating a BEV. ;)

The electrician future proofed it (to a degree) by putting in wiring for 60 amps or more although the proper breaker is on it atm.

we don’t actually need the Ford EVSE. Want sure, but need? No. Of course I’m not sure that’s an argument I’d want to run with considering most of us don’t “need” the MME either. ;)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag