Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I received an e-mail from my dealer that says the Ford Connected wall unit EVSE isnt available until April. Has anyone about this?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I received an e-mail from my dealer that says the Ford Connected wall unit EVSE isnt available until April. Has anyone about this?
fordparts.com still reports it as pre-order to be delivered in December. Would be rather unfortunate if the wall charger is NOT be ready in time for the first deliveries...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
fordparts.com still reports it as pre-order to be delivered in December. Would be rather unfortunate if the wall charger is NOT be ready in time for the first deliveries...
Yes, it would. At this point though it would not surprise me much

Last edited:

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My dealer email said late December. But then again, so did Ford's comments about my FE.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Here is the e-mail text..

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.

Thank you for your patience, your business and as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Interesting.

I'm sort of now thinking that I won't hire an electrician until I have the charger in hand sometime next year... I mean, it may turn out that it doesn't get to market by summer... If that happens I might want to get a Grizzl-E or something else, instead.

In the mean time, I'll make due with the 20A 240V outlets that I already have and the mobile charger from the car.

And since Ford won't be selling proper pigtails for the mobile charger, I'll get one of these L14-20P to 14-50R adapters to and set a 16A limit at the car. :(

https://www.homedepot.com/p/AC-WORK...R-RV-EV-Range-Connector-RVL14201450/305439319

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless there is new legislation, the EVSE tax credit expires on 31 December 2020. The charging station must be purchased and installed by this date to be eligible. So, unless there is some retroactive legislation, purchasers of the Ford Charge Station may lose out on the tax break!

Last edited:

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Unless there is new legislation, the EVSE tax credit expires on 31 December 2020. The charging station must be purchased and installed by this date to be eligible. So, unless there is some retroactive legislation, purchasers of the Ford Charge Station will lose out on the tax break!
Wouldn’t the transaction be the preorder, since the money is changing hands?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wouldn’t the transaction be the preorder, since the money is changing hands?
I think the key words are "and installed" . However, maybe that part only applies if you are claiming against the installation costs part of the tax credit and you can still claim the credit for the purchase price if you prepaid. Changed the "will lose" to "may lose" in my original post.

Update: Looking at IRS Form 8911, the first line says: "... alternative fuel vehicle refueling property placed in service during the tax year ".
So, it looks pretty clear, your EVSE must be operational before claiming the credit. But, they did extend the credit in Dec of last year, so barring post-election political turmoil, they may do the same this year.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would be curious if anyone else is able to verify the Ford Charger is on back order. The e-mail I posted above should be corroborated with another source.

I shared this link with my dealer. It is a viable alternative to the Ford Connected wall unit.

https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Here is the e-mail text..

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.

Thank you for your patience, your business and as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Understandable, given the conditions we're in, but not good news if confirmed.

It's a small crack in the facade that things are delayed but moving along nicely. If you have a car arriving before that time, odds are you're not going to buy the Ford EVSE after buying something else.

And as has been pointed out, the tax credits are expiring soon.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the key words are "and installed" . However, maybe that part only applies if you are claiming against the installation costs part of the tax credit and you can still claim the credit for the purchase price if you prepaid. Changed the "will lose" to "may lose" in my original post.

Update: Looking at IRS Form 8911, the first line says: "... alternative fuel vehicle refueling property placed in service during the tax year ".
So, it looks pretty clear, your EVSE must be operational before claiming the credit. But, they did extend the credit in Dec of last year, so barring post-election political turmoil, they may do the same this year.
Keep in mind that the credit for chargers expired at the end of 2017 and those installed in 2018 had to wait until the retro-active extension which did not happen until late 2019.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Here in QC we need to provide the car VIN in order to obtain the credit for the charger

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I would be curious if anyone else is able to verify the Ford Charger is on back order. The e-mail I posted above should be corroborated with another source.

I shared this link with my dealer. It is a viable alternative to the Ford Connected wall unit.

Yup - considering that as an option considering the Jukebox 48A is on backorder as well..

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I have the Chargepoint Flex and it’s great. I don’t see the advantage to getting one that has a Ford logo on it.
Sponsored