Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Happy with mine as well. I like that I went with the plug-in version so I can take it with me when I move.
Same here, the portability factor was one of the deciding factors.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I checked my panel. I don't think it can support two EVSEs at 48 amps.....not at the same time. So, I will have to figure out a way to budget time for each vehicle to get juiced up. That is a problem to solve down the line though. First things first..... need to take delivery of the MME and see if sharing a L2 becomes an issue.
That's where the dual units come in. You plug them both in and the the unit balance the charging across the two vehicles:
https://store.clippercreek.com/featured/40-amp-dual-charging-station-14-50

Charge 2 electric vehicles. One station. One Circuit. Double your vehicle charging capacity and save. The HCS-D50P is a 40 Amp, Level 2 plug-in EV charging station (NEMA 14-50 plug) that can charge two vehicles simultaneously on one circuit. The HCS-D50P divides electricity between two vehicles, with up to 20 Amps of electricity each when two are charging and up to 40 Amps when one vehicle is charging. The HCS-D50P is installed on one 50 Amp circuit which helps to minimize electrical infrastructure cost. The HCS-D50P can be mounted on a wall in a convenient area thanks to a 25 foot cable reach. The HCS-D50P is a universal charging station and will charge any electric vehicle with the standard SAE J1772 connector. It's power level is suitable for electric cars such as the BMW i3, the Honda Clarity EV, and the Kia Soul EV.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Now some things I have not read here, and if I missed this I apologize. The charger you get with your mache gets about 22 per hour. If you are not driving over 100 miles a day then that will be all you will need. Yes, the other charger is faster, but if you don't need it then why buy it?

Just trying to help some people out. IF it's not enough then you can have one installed. I would bet most people don't need it.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That's where the dual units come in. You plug them both in and the the unit balance the charging across the two vehicles:
https://store.clippercreek.com/featured/40-amp-dual-charging-station-14-50

Charge 2 electric vehicles. One station. One Circuit. Double your vehicle charging capacity and save. The HCS-D50P is a 40 Amp, Level 2 plug-in EV charging station (NEMA 14-50 plug) that can charge two vehicles simultaneously on one circuit. The HCS-D50P divides electricity between two vehicles, with up to 20 Amps of electricity each when two are charging and up to 40 Amps when one vehicle is charging. The HCS-D50P is installed on one 50 Amp circuit which helps to minimize electrical infrastructure cost. The HCS-D50P can be mounted on a wall in a convenient area thanks to a 25 foot cable reach. The HCS-D50P is a universal charging station and will charge any electric vehicle with the standard SAE J1772 connector. It's power level is suitable for electric cars such as the BMW i3, the Honda Clarity EV, and the Kia Soul EV.
That is pretty cool!
Thanks!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Now some things I have not read here, and if I missed this I apologize. The charger you get with your mache gets about 22 per hour. If you are not driving over 100 miles a day then that will be all you will need. Yes, the other charger is faster, but if you don't need it then why buy it?

Just trying to help some people out. IF it's not enough then you can have one installed. I would bet most people don't need it.
Very true. I debated on using an outlet + mobile charger, but wanted to just have the mobile charger in the car, and have a more "fixed" solution at home for ease of use and aesthetic (naturally)

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very true. I debated on using an outlet + mobile charger, but wanted to just have the mobile charger in the car, and have a more "fixed" solution at home for ease of use and aesthetic (naturally)
That's my thinking was well but I can't decide on what charger to get for the garage

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If someone has their heart set on a Ford charger though, the included charger would be a very good stop-gap measure. Unless you forget to put it back in the car and need it while driving. :)

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The JuiceBox 40 is a workhorse and a very worthy alternative to the Ford home charger.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Let's see what info trutolife27 can did up. Might not be as dire as my dealer is saying. Even if they are delayed until April, there are several other brands out there that will charge the MME as max power and certainly plenty of supply of 32 amp L2 units.

I presume one could order the ChargePoint flex and qualify for the tax rebate this year or even order a 32 amp L2 and run a 60 amp circuit for future. The tax credit would still apply I am pretty sure.
I genuinely don’t understand everyone’s focus here, we know that the car comes with a free 32A charger right?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

In fact, I'll be continue to use the Clipper Creek I installed for our Leaf. It's a 24A charger as we only had the capacity in our panel for a 30A breaker. We can't even use the included charger on 240v.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I genuinely don’t understand everyone’s focus here, we know that the car comes with a free 32A charger right?
Yes. It is a plug in solid state type. Designed primarily to be a mobile EVSE. I plan on storing it in the car and using it when I am staying the night away from home.

A hard wired contactor type unit can provide continuous max current where the mobile type may not. Here in Arizona, those solid state units get hot pretty quick and then reduce amps to try and limit internal temps.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
In fact, I'll be continue to use the Clipper Creek I installed for our Leaf. It's a 24A charger as we only had the capacity in our panel for a 30A breaker. We can't even use the included charger on 240v.
Yes, that is one thing people with older houses will run into. Once their breaker box is already full or even after putting in the charger it does not pull the number of amps needed. I think the statistic is about 24% of Americans live in houses that are 50 years or older. then about 20 % live in apartments. My nephew who has a model 3 right now, He only has 100 amp service.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
think part of it might be do you get electrical work done for a 32A plug instead of a 40 amp hardwire. Also talk about a tax credit ending this year (as or now) for installation of a charging station.

Last edited:

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
think part of it might be do you get electrical work done for a 32A plug instead of a 40 amp hardwire. Also talk about a tax credit ending this year (as or now) for installation of a charging station.
Could just put the wiring in for a 48A service like in that install guide and put the outlet in, then can upgrade later if you want. Think the guide recommends that.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Could just put the wiring in for a 48A service like in that install guide and put the outlet in, then can upgrade later if you want. Think the guide recommends that.
Most of 48 amp units that I've seen require hardwiring.
Sponsored