BRUNO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 PS 2022, MACH-E PREMIUM 2021
Occupation
CONTRACTOR
Country flag
I am wondering, has anyone in Canada been able to order and receive the connected charger station before they blocked sales ? If so where did you purchased it ? What was the sale price of the unit ?

I am struggling between the Ford connected charger station or the Chargepoint Home Flex, I think the only benefit I would get from the Ford would be the integrated solution in Fordpass but other than that is there any benefit I would gain ?
Sponsored

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium
Country flag
My Dealer in Orillia Ontario was waiting for one to use at their shop...it arrived and had to be sent back for a software update. Apparently the one I ordered is also waiting for an update.
I was quoted just under $1,100 cdn.
I ordered one for a faster charge if required. However the supplied charger at 240 volt has been fine for my needs so far....I will decide when the Ford one is available, if I will actually buy that or go with something else.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
My Dealer in Orillia Ontario was waiting for one to use at their shop...it arrived and had to be sent back for a software update. Apparently the one I ordered is also waiting for an update.
I was quoted just under $1,100 cdn.
I ordered one for a faster charge if required. However the supplied charger at 240 volt has been fine for my needs so far....I will decide when the Ford one is available, if I will actually buy that or go with something else.
At that price just get a juicebox pro 48amp or a grizzl-e

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I ordered the For Connected Charge station. Picked it up when I picked up the car. THen got a cal from Ford that there is a stop sell order on it. SO I had to bring it back for a refund. I then ordered the chargepoint flex and am very happy with it. Itcharges at 29 miles an hour which is what for was claiming on their charger. I had them put in a new 14-50 plug so I just had to plug it in. Where the Ford Charger you have to hard wire it. ANyway I liek the Chargepoint FLex.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am happy with my chargepoint flex too. It came with a plug, but I hardwired it for 48A, just because I could :) It was a good pandemic project to run the 75 feet of THHN-MC cable.

yes, most will be fine with 32A (supplied) or 40A.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
FWIW. My hardwired Ford Wall Charger (one of the first batch shipped in Jan) is working perfectly in the first week since I received my car. I've tried to break it with full 48a charge current, low 18a charge current, multi hour charges, multiple short charges, rebooting charge station, car on while charging, car off while charging, 100% charges and 90% charges. I'm not sure what the "stop ship" was all about, since there has been zero information from Ford, but mine is working perfectly so far.

OP
OP
goldriver

goldriver

First Name
BRUNO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 PS 2022, MACH-E PREMIUM 2021
Occupation
CONTRACTOR
Country flag
I received a page long email from Ford after a request I make to the engineer on the reason why the Connected charge station was blocked for sale. They basicaly said that altough there were no fire risk or anything, few owners had experience that the charger was stopping charge at different level and at different time for no reasons. They even mentionned me that other great charger options were available from other vendors on the market....

Seing this I finally decided not to wait and I bought and installed a wired-in Chargepoint Home Flex.

Here is their answer, sorry for the french ...

" Ford a pris connaissance de cas où certains Ford Connected Charge Station nord-américains enregistrent un signal de panne qui empêche une charge supplémentaire. Bien qu'aucun problème de sécurité ne soit associé à cette condition, la société a émis un arrêt de vente des nouvelles bornes de recharge à compter du 18/02/2021 jusqu'à ce que le problème soit résolu et travaille avec les clients Mustang Mach-E concernés.

Une variété d'options de recharge domestique et publique, y compris le chargeur mobile Ford qui est livré de série avec chaque Mustang Mach-E, permet aux clients concernés de continuer à profiter de la conduite de leur véhicule pendant que le problème est résolu.

Nos ingénieurs travaillent très dur pour résoudre le problème. Je suis désolé pour les désagréments que cette situation vous a causés.
Cordialement"

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks. That’s the first Ford response I’ve seen with regards to the reason for the stop sell. I’ll be curious to know if they find it not a charging station issue but a car or Ford Pass scheduling issue.
I haven’t used the charge scheduling at all as I have my car set to begin charging as soon as it is plugged in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
FWIW. My hardwired Ford Wall Charger (one of the first batch shipped in Jan) is working perfectly in the first week since I received my car. I've tried to break it with full 48a charge current, low 18a charge current, multi hour charges, multiple short charges, rebooting charge station, car on while charging, car off while charging, 100% charges and 90% charges. I'm not sure what the "stop ship" was all about, since there has been zero information from Ford, but mine is working perfectly so far.
Same here - received and installed in January. Car arrived Feb 25th and I've been using it ever since. I always let it charge at max (48A). I do have charge times and a 90% level set in the car. So far, so good.
I heard about the stop-sell order within a week of getting mine, so I still have the box - I figured Ford would be asking me to return at some point.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Sponsored