SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Sure, but I don't like how they're not providing me the choice to decide whether I want this installed in my car. This feels like craptastic bloatware loaded onto a Windows XP laptop that pops up if you mistakenly click the wrong icon.
Exactly this.

And the system is already slow enough for the actually important items, we don't need additional software and engines running for no reason.
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
So I just have to avoid hitting that button. Does it bring up the stupid get started screen while you are driving? God I hope not.
Yes.
[edited]
I believe so, but I have done my best to avoid tapping it and now I'm not 100% certain that it comes up. It might give a "this feature is unavailable while the vehicle is moving" response.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So you can be driving and it will do a full-screen takeover with an Alexa advertisement? That's NHTSA grade A driver distraction guideline breaking bad. I gotta report that one too.....

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Exactly this.

And the system is already slow enough for the actually important items, we don't need additional software and engines running for no reason.
This is like one of those cruddy stickers they shove on the cheap laptop under where you are trying to rest your wrists, so you go and try and scrape it off. Only you can't in this case.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Does anyone with this crap on their MME know if you can disable the Alexa wakeword in Settings (like I did with the lame Ford voice assistant)?

I look at this that Ford is playing switzerland, wants a backup to Google and Apple partnerships, and wants to ditch its native voice assistant thing I bet. Alexa has to be better than that for car functions. Problem is, no one actually wants to control their car's systems with voice. People want buttons to change their temperature or volume -- no matter how "easy" they make it to understand.
I disagree with the last. I use voice commands all the time - I usually hit the voice command button because the wake words don’t work. I do NOT want a bunch of spyware I’m my car, continuously monitoring my movements and bogging down car systems.
now, if Google and/Amazon would like to contact me to discuss a non-exclusive licensing deal for usage data from my Mustang Mach E, they can shoot me an email. I’m sure we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. 😀😀😀

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I disagree with the last. I use voice commands all the time - I usually hit the voice command button because the wake words don’t work. I do NOT want a bunch of spyware I’m my car, continuously monitoring my movements and bogging down car systems.
now, if Google and/Amazon would like to contact me to discuss a non-exclusive licensing deal for usage data from my Mustang Mach E, they can shoot me an email. I’m sure we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. 😀😀😀
Last time I knew about this, engagement with voice assistants for anything other than navigation input was extremely low. But I'm glad you find value from it! I find it much quicker and less distracting to hit a physical or virutal button.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Last time I knew about this, engagement with voice assistants for anything other than navigation input was extremely low. But I'm glad you find value from it! I find it much quicker and less distracting to hit a physical or virutal button.
Pressing the voice button on the steering where and saying:
“Tune Alt Nation”, or
“Temperature 72 degrees”
is pretty efficient and lets me keep my hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road.

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
This is so cool!

It may end up being my favorite feature.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A solution in search of a problem. Dump this product or make it opt in only.
I think it more a case of a car manufacturer in search of a new revenue stream. Undoubtedly Ford is getting kickbacks from amazon, just as Dell and every other computer manufacturer get kickbacks for the bloatware they install.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think it more a case of a car manufacturer in search of a new revenue stream. Undoubtedly Ford is getting kickbacks from amazon, just as Dell and every other computer manufacturer get kickbacks for the bloatware they install.
Yes. Dell’s bloatware can be uninstalled though.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Maybe this is why voice recognition has become completely useless in my FE. For the first 6-9 months it worked flawlessly. Now nothing works with any kind of reliability. Really want to opt-out on this and return to what originally shipped with the car. Once BC is active, I may very well turn off updates. I don’t need or want Google or Amazon in my car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Maybe this is why voice recognition has become completely useless in my FE. For the first 6-9 months it worked flawlessly. Now nothing works with any kind of reliability. Really want to opt-out on this and return to what originally shipped with the car. Once BC is active, I may very well turn off updates. I don’t need or want Google or Amazon in my car.
I believe it has zero to do, because you're not using Alexa.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I figured out how to uninstall Alexa!

1. Start the car.
2. Say "Alexa this statement is false"
3. Alexa uninstalls