Ford created all customers equal, but some customers are more equal than others (OTA)

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Where are the games supposed to
Be? I don’t think I have them. I do have sketch. Can you have Sketch but not the Games?

why the hell is this so complicated lol
Sponsored

KYMACH-E

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Country flag
In Chrome (or the latest Edge) click the three dots at top right more tools->developer tools
  1. Click on "Network" in developer tools
  2. In the filter box at left type in "ota"
  3. Go to owner.ford.com and log in, go to vehicle dashboard
  4. Eventually you should see some items "status?country=usa&vin=...." click on each (for me I see two one shows no data, the other shows data)
  5. Click the triangle next to "fuseResponse" to expand it, expand "fuseResponseList", and expand "0"
  6. in there you'll see "latestStatus"
  7. If you also expand "languageText" you'll see the current PowerUp your car is running
I can see that my status is "Update Pending" in several areas. I am going to turn on automatic updates and see if this clears. The display randomly shows an update is available and I just received a notification in FordPass today, but the car keeps saying it is up-to-date with 1.7.1 but I don't have any of the features that are associated with 1.7.1

KYMACH-E

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Country flag
I can see that my status is "Update Pending" in several areas. I am going to turn on automatic updates and see if this clears. The display randomly shows an update is available and I just received a notification in FordPass today, but the car keeps saying it is up-to-date with 1.7.1 but I don't have any of the features that are associated with 1.7.1
Talked to Ford OTA support this afternoon. They said to contact the dealership in a couple weeks to schedule an appointment to get the latest software update to resolve the 1.7.1 update issue.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Talked to Ford OTA support this afternoon. They said to contact the dealership in a couple weeks to schedule an appointment to get the latest software update to resolve the 1.7.1 update issue.
This is great news, @KYMACH-E. Did the Ford OTA rep confirm that they have a fix to the stuck 1.7.1 issues, and does your dealer have it?
Sponsored

Last edited: