Ford created all customers equal, but some customers are more equal than others (OTA)

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This must be beyond my pay grade… I followed your instructions exactly, and even in the developer’s tools window, I never find a triangle with the word “fuse” or anything with my VIN or country. And yes I did log into the vehicle account, and switched to the dashboard.

I really want to figure this out!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
This must be beyond my pay grade… I followed your instructions exactly, and even in the developer’s tools window, I never find a triangle with the word “fuse” or anything with my VIN or country. And yes I did log into the vehicle account, and switched to the dashboard.

I really want to figure this out!!
Same here. The JSON value is NULL in some cases. (like mine)

jocke31

First Name
Joakim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RW
Occupation
digital strategist
Country flag
OK, in Sweden I believe almost everyone is rank 12. No OTA updates ever. My car is built may -21, bought august -21, so I suppose it is a job 1 car. Can someone please tell me why Ford don't deliver any OTA updates outside US?

(And what good is the Frunk button on the key that we got in EU if it doesn't work anyway?)

Simosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Auris
Country flag
OK, in Sweden I believe almost everyone is rank 12. No OTA updates ever. My car is built may -21, bought august -21, so I suppose it is a job 1 car. Can someone please tell me why Ford don't deliver any OTA updates outside US?

(And what good is the Frunk button on the key that we got in EU if it doesn't work anyway?)
Based on their attention to EU customers to date, they just don't love us as much.... sorry.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Based on their attention to EU customers to date, they just don't love us as much.... sorry.
To be fair, I think the idea is to ensure they break the smallest number of customers possible before sending something out broadly and, if they break something badly, it’s easier to send someone to someplace in the US to troubleshoot it than it is to send someone to Europe.

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
To be fair, I think the idea is to ensure they break the smallest number of customers possible before sending something out broadly and, if they break something badly, it’s easier to send someone to someplace in the US to troubleshoot it than it is to send someone to Europe.
That is definitely one of the root causes. The 'stop safely now' issues have occurred more broadly in the US (job-1 updated cars mostly) than in other regions. However, people in this forum remind us of Fords track record of not updating year model cars on previous ICE vehicles. Some people have heard from their dealer for instance that they were 'upgraded' to a model 2022 vehicle ordering in late 2021. That suggests it got more features than the 2011 cars. and deliberately so. So Ford might decide there is an (OTA) upgrade line for 2021 models and a separate one for 2022 models of the same car with the same hardware. That might also be a motive. We simply do not know.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ok, I don’t get this at all. I have a job 1 premium AWD ER and I’m a ‘muricn. I have 2.4.1, but only 1 fob, no remote frunk release, no BlueCruise, etc. where the heck am I on this table?
I have job 1, AWD SR PREM. But I have sketches, games, charging past 80, 2.4.1, car play full screen. I don’t have 2 fobs or blue cruise or frunk.
I only care about getting frunk operation, btw.

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
I have job 1, AWD SR PREM. But I have sketches, games, charging past 80, 2.4.1, car play full screen. I don’t have 2 fobs or blue cruise or frunk.
I only care about getting frunk operation, btw.
This gives us all hope! I will create a new column. Thank you!

How did your OTA process go down? Every step a new OTA update? Or was it 'induced' by the dealer?

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
By the way: There is a legal basis for fighting companies not providing updates for a long period of time. The product scope is 'products containing software'. Has not been applied to cars I guess, but the definition of applicable products is definitely 'broad' enough. source: pdf (europa.eu)

Last edited:

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This gives us all hope! I will create a new column. Thank you!

How did your OTA process go down? Every step a new OTA update? Or was it 'induced' by the dealer?
The charge past 80 was dealer done during my first “service visit” (which I think they only did the update and kicked the tires). Otherwise I’ve just got in the car in the morning and saw that the updates happened overnight. I am connected to Wi-Fi when parked at home and have automatic pushing enabled.
Otherwise, I’ve done virtually nothing and appears to just have worked like intended. Also, I’m in the early program but I thought that was only for BlueCruise.

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Also, I’m in the early program but I thought that was only for BlueCruise.
Thanks for the info. Even more hope! Stability for us job-1 vehicles updates through OTA. BC is a whole other ball-game I guess.

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
GTPE built Aug 2021 Sweden.

Frunk Button on key works
Sketch works
Blue cruise works
Fastcharge havent tried yet
Games didnt find any, where are they??
Android auto half screen

Where can I see version of software ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
By the way: There is a legal basis for fighting companies not providing updates for a long period of time. The product scope is 'products containing software'. Has not been applied to cars I guess, but the definition of applicable products is definitely 'broad' enough. source: pdf (europa.eu)
I would be careful about applying that. Do you guys really want those teslas with their so-called “full self driving” software careening around your streets? Think about it. I’ve seen lots of European streets. There’s much less room for error than there is on American streets.
It may be fine to whine at Apple if they don’t get the latest version of iOS out to you quickly enough, but I’d be a little less eager to complain about the speed of deployment of software that controls the operation of a car ?

OP
OP
metalpro2021

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
I would be careful about applying that. Do you guys really want those teslas with their so-called “full self driving” software careening around your streets? Think about it. I’ve seen lots of European streets. There’s much less room for error than there is on American streets.
It may be fine to whine at Apple if they don’t get the latest version of iOS out to you quickly enough, but I’d be a little less eager to complain about the speed of deployment of software that controls the operation of a car ?
Absolutely. Personally I am more interested in 'improved module behaviour' than self-driving.

Solares

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTP & FE AWD
Country flag
I just want Apple CarPlay full screen. Then I leave the Ford Devs alone.
I live in Norway and and the only update I got OTA was 1.4 twice..
Dealer have lifted me up to 1.7 trough the 21p22 program. But for whatever reason they could not get higher.

Some dewd over wrote that the FOOB don’t have proximity censor or what ever. It definitely does, and I will go nuts if I get a second key foob with a ford logo.
Trusted PAAK once. Got betrayed hard.

Anyway after the dealer visit, my Mach has been rock solid. And I give credit when credit is due. My dealer has been class A++ in service.

I have a FE AWD if that’s interesting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford created all customers equal, but some customers are more equal than others (OTA) 2D67ABCF-398E-495E-937C-8712DE989955
Sponsored