Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Long story short, even though I went through the MachDrop process the very first day the program started, had multiple conversations with MachDrop Reps (which were great) and my local dealer to get an FE order placed, apparently the dealer botched the entire process and even with 6 weeks to get an order in for an FE, they did not.

I know there are some Ford employees here. I want to write a letter to Corporate about the whole situation from a customer service prospective. I don't think it will have any relevance in change of outcome, but Ford needs to know just how badly my local dealership dropped the ball.

What I'm looking for is email contacts for important people, so the letter actually gets read by someone who might have the power to knock some heads. If you happen to have any useful information please share either here or in private message if needed.

Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I may have to join you on that email campaign. Other than the nice representatives at Mach-Drop, I have no idea if my First Edition order is in place or not.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Long story short, even though I went through the MachDrop process the very first day the program started, had multiple conversations with MachDrop Reps (which were great) and my local dealer to get an FE order placed, apparently the dealer botched the entire process and even with 6 weeks to get an order in for an FE, they did not.

I know there are some Ford employees here. I want to write a letter to Corporate about the whole situation from a customer service prospective. I don't think it will have any relevance in change of outcome, but Ford needs to know just how badly my local dealership dropped the ball.

What I'm looking for is email contacts for important people, so the letter actually gets read by someone who might have the power to knock some heads. If you happen to have any useful information please share either here or in private message if needed.

I really hope you get to write your letter. Your experience is my worst fear as well. We are left floundering with no validation. To make matters worse...my dealer REFUSES to respond to any of my emails. If I didn't work 13 hours a day, I'd show up at that dealership and speak my mind. PLEASE keep us updated on your situation.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

I believe it was @terrenceiwamoto who complained earlier to the COO who is now CEO about an issue and got a response with results. Maybe he'll pass on that contact information to you.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I may have to join you on that email campaign. Other than the nice representatives at Mach-Drop, I have no idea if my First Edition order is in place or not.
You can find out by emailing: [email protected]

They will tell you if your local dealer got the order in.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
You can find out by emailing: [email protected]

They will tell you if your local dealer got the order in.
I tried that...

"Hello,
Unfortunately we can not assist with the status of Mach-Drop orders. Please reach out to your dealer that finalized the order for additional assistance.
Thank you,"

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I tried that...

"Hello,
Unfortunately we can not assist with the status of Mach-Drop orders. Please reach out to your dealer that finalized the order for additional assistance.
Thank you,"
In my opinion that’s confirmation the dealer did not submit the order. When I emailed, my response very clearly stated my dealer did not complete the process and to talk to the dealer. I got my reply today by the way.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
@Maric I’m very sorry to read your account of your MachDrop order. It was my fear as well. In fact, even though my dealer has confirmed my FE verbally and canceled my Premium, I’m slightly nervous and I wish I could see the order in my account/reservations. That said, I believe there is hope for you to get it resolved and to get an FE yet. I was told there were two FE orders from MachDrop associated to me - one the result of the dealer’s wait list request. I believe I read on this forum others had this happen to them. Hopefully one of the overages can help to satisfy the order into which you have invested so much time, thought and energy. Good luck and keep us posted.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
@Maric , I'm so bummed for you and sorry you're having issues with it. The dealer was the apparent issue here, but given my experience, I'm not sure Ford is going to do anything. Like @mbia , I have two FEs on order, one from Mach Drop and a Grabber Blue from who knows. I posted yesterday that my dealer asked me if I knew anyone interested in the second one before he canceled it, but I doubt you'll want to visit the Land of Lincoln to get it, even if he could place it for you. Feel free to PM me if you want his contact info.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Sent you a PM with an email address. That totally sucks.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
@Maric - this is a bummer and I am hoping you get a response from Ford that's prositive. Just curious though did you receive any emails around Oct 2 confirming Mach E FE from retail orders? I am wondering if this is a screw up at your dealer or if Ford HQ has not yet updated its system. All the dealer needed to do was send your info to Prog HQ -

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
@Maric - this is a bummer and I am hoping you get a response from Ford that's prositive. Just curious though did you receive any emails around Oct 2 confirming Mach E FE from retail orders? I am wondering if this is a screw up at your dealer or if Ford HQ has not yet updated its system. All the dealer needed to do was send your info to Prog HQ -
I don't know how this slipped my mind, but I also received this email confirming my MachDrop order - received on 10/2 from [email protected] (Subject line: Mustang Mach-E First Edition Confirmation).

Dear Mach-Drop Customer*,

Thank you for your interest in the Mustang Mach-E First Edition!

This communication is intended to inform you that we are currently working on entering your order into your dealer’s order bank.

We appreciate your patience and wanted to give you a quick update on the anticipated timeline for your vehicle:
  • September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables.
Please be aware that the timing of when your order appears in the dealer’s order bank has no bearing on your vehicle’s final delivery timing.

Please contact Program Headquarters at 1-800-404-4977 or [email protected] for assistance. Program Headquarters is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern.

*Customers that had their dealers place them on the Mustang Mach-E First Edition Wait List are included in this communication. Orders that originated from the wait list will be treated the same as Mach-Drop orders from now on. If you are receiving this message, then your waitlist request has been approved. Congrats!
Sponsored