JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yes - I assuming that as long as this email has been received, the initial steps to get on the ME Drop were successful and rest of the steps are just taking time. Missteps can happen along the way of course. There may be situations where these emails were not received for different reasons but the MEDrop order was placed, that's the one that would be more worry some.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@Maric - this is a bummer and I am hoping you get a response from Ford that's prositive. Just curious though did you receive any emails around Oct 2 confirming Mach E FE from retail orders? I am wondering if this is a screw up at your dealer or if Ford HQ has not yet updated its system. All the dealer needed to do was send your info to Prog HQ -
I did not. Which led to me calling Julie at MachDrop because we had been working together since my phone call. She basically said they had been pulling teeth to get an order from the local dealer for weeks. I then went to the local dealer and was assured the Sales Director and another were on it. This was the day before the orders absolutely had to be placed. Well apparently they did not get it done.

So I have a huge history of dates, people I spoke with, email trails that I will succinctly break down and give to Ford corporate to show some dealers really are not fulfilling their end of the deal.

I have some great contacts from this thread sent via direct message. I think I'm good. I appreciate everyone's help in this matter.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
UPDATE:

I wrote a very detailed letter with dates and discussions documented during the 6 plus weeks I spent trying to secure a First Edition.

I sent the email to two Ford Officers based on feedback I received from people in this thread.

I had a response within 30 minutes. Whether or not I end up with an FE, at least someone at Ford acknowledged the train wreck and I’d be shocked if the local dealer did not get a thorough reprimand.

I appreciate all of the information people provided to me to escalate this matter.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
UPDATE:

I wrote a very detailed letter with dates and discussions documented during the 6 plus weeks I spent trying to secure a First Edition.

I sent the email to two Ford Officers based on feedback I received from people in this thread.

I had a response within 30 minutes. Whether or not I end up with an FE, at least someone at Ford acknowledged the train wreck and I’d be shocked if the local dealer did not get a thorough reprimand.

I appreciate all of the information people provided to me to escalate this matter.
Hope it works out with an FE at the end - too much aggravation that could /should have been avoided with better planning/process on Ford's part.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Well I guess my FE didn’t get put it either. That sucks.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I don't know how this slipped my mind, but I also received this email confirming my MachDrop order - received on 10/2 from [email protected] (Subject line: Mustang Mach-E First Edition Confirmation).

Dear Mach-Drop Customer*,

Thank you for your interest in the Mustang Mach-E First Edition!

This communication is intended to inform you that we are currently working on entering your order into your dealer’s order bank.

We appreciate your patience and wanted to give you a quick update on the anticipated timeline for your vehicle:
  • September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables.
Please be aware that the timing of when your order appears in the dealer’s order bank has no bearing on your vehicle’s final delivery timing.

Please contact Program Headquarters at 1-800-404-4977 or [email protected] for assistance. Program Headquarters is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern.

*Customers that had their dealers place them on the Mustang Mach-E First Edition Wait List are included in this communication. Orders that originated from the wait list will be treated the same as Mach-Drop orders from now on. If you are receiving this message, then your waitlist request has been approved. Congrats!
I never got this Email cause my stupid, negligent dealer never put my email address on the cheesy, hand-written order form he created and and sent to MachDrop program.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hopefully someone from Ford is watching this train wreck unfold for multiple customers and this prompts actual change in how promotions like this are thought of and approved. Sounds like the entire premise was faulty - emailing loyal Mach-E order holders and giving them first dibs for an online order process would have been the bare minimum to start with, not some random tweet.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Let us know what you hear next. I may have to do this also.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Any news?
Not yet. I was told if I'm not contacted within a few days to get back to the person I'm working with (who is very high up in the Ford Corporate Org). He has contacted me twice so he's been keeping tabs.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just received notice my Premium has been cancelled and deposit was moved to a Grabber Blue FE. Not the end result I expected but happy to see that writing an email can make a difference! Very impressed with how Ford upper management handled this.

Thanks all who provided contacts to customer service management.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just received notice my Premium has been cancelled and deposit was moved to a Grabber Blue FE. Not the end result I expected but happy to see that writing an email can make a difference! Very impressed with how Ford upper management handled this.

Thanks all who provided contacts to customer service management.
GREAT!

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Maric, I sent you a PM.