Ford Dealer Service Dept Refusing to Work on My 3 Month Car

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I really wanted to believe all those horror stories about build quality, reliability, and dependability were not true (or at least exaggerated). Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that there really are quality control issues with this vehicle. I purchased my MME GT in October '22, and within 3 months it developed a creaking / rattling noise when going over uneven surfaces. I took it to my local dealership service dept, who looked at for 1 day before calling and saying they were refusing to work on it further as it "wasn't under warranty because in their opinion someone had worked on it already." I purchased brand new from a different dealership, and they vehemently denied doing any work prior to selling it to me. So I paid several thousands of dollars for a problem vehicle and now am being lied to by someone. Very frustrating. I have a new found sense of understanding for others going through these QC and service issues. Can't believe there are businesses that treat their customers this way.

I suppose this post was partially to vent. But any practical suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Can you take it to the dealership you bought it from?

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
I really wanted to believe all those horror stories about build quality, reliability, and dependability were not true (or at least exaggerated). Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that there really are quality control issues with this vehicle. I purchased my MME GT in October '22, and within 3 months it developed a creaking / rattling noise when going over uneven surfaces. I took it to my local dealership service dept, who looked at for 1 day before calling and saying they were refusing to work on it further as it "wasn't under warranty because in their opinion someone had worked on it already." I purchased brand new from a different dealership, and they vehemently denied doing any work prior to selling it to me. So I paid several thousands of dollars for a problem vehicle and now am being lied to by someone. Very frustrating. I have a new found sense of understanding for others going through these QC and service issues. Can't believe there are businesses that treat their customers this way.

I suppose this post was partially to vent. But any practical suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Just take it back to the selling dealership for service.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The dealership I purchased it from is about an 8 hour drive away. So I'm thinking of the logistics on getting it there and serviced. Seems quite punitive for a customer looking for assistance with a warranty issue.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately, this shows why you should buy only locally, or, not buy if the price is too high. The potential aggravation by chasing a better price canā€™t be calculated.

rsviking1001

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach - E
Occupation
IT/Managed services
Country flag
I'm curious as to your city? I have had the dealer I bought the MME from and they will not do my warranty work.
Seattle area.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Maybe you should try a different Ford dealer closer to home. The one you went to sounds sketchy unfortunately. Sorry you are having issues.
Thanks
I'm curious as to your city? I have had the dealer I bought the MME from and they will not do my warranty work.
Seattle area.
I'm not in the Seattle area.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well, the service dealer just sent over images of the area in question, and the dealership that sold me the vehicle agreed it looked like there was some type of work completed. They say this is an area outside of the pre-inspection so they wouldn't have known to be aware of it. They are now reaching out to their Ford rep to determine what could have transpired before they received the vehicle and sold it to me. I feel they are working with a sincere intention and I'm hoping this can still be resolved fairly. Still very frustrating this is even an issue though. I understand these things happen, but it still doesn't make it easy to go through. I've had to miss some work and have had to pay for a rental car while this gets sorted out.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Well, the service dealer just sent over images of the area in question, and the dealership that sold me the vehicle agreed it looked like there was some type of work completed. They say this is an area outside of the pre-inspection so they wouldn't have known to be aware of it. They are now reaching out to their Ford rep to determine what could have transpired before they received the vehicle and sold it to me. I feel they are working with a sincere intention and I'm hoping this can still be resolved fairly. Still very frustrating this is even an issue though. I understand these things happen, but it still doesn't make it easy to go through. I've had to miss some work and have had to pay for a rental car while this gets sorted out.
Did you order the car or buy it off the lot? Things get damaged in shipping and I'm wondering if that happened here.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
As Jax said, cars get damaged in shipping all the time. They're fixed at the prep location prior to arriving at the dealership in most cases.

So it's entirely possible that it was worked on, by official Ford employees, just before it arrived at the selling dealership.

Now, I have no direct knowledge about Ford practices, but I would imagine there should be a paper trail that documents this work that someone at Ford should be able to look up?

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
What build quality and dependability stories are you talking about? Just the HVBJB failure for earlier builds? Cause Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the only one and itā€™s not related at all to what youā€™re saying youā€™re experiencing

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
Can you post the photos and description of the problem?
Sponsored