OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Mine was damaged in shipping but that also delayed it for literal months so unless it was something minor done on some inspection I would assume you’d have been a little aware of the issues. Most people get their cars six to eight weeks after shipping. If you were way after that it might clue you in.

I also got a paper saying how much damage was repaired, but each state is different on disclosure laws and amounts. I only got the paper because once I found out through Ford I emailed the GM of my dealer to figure out next steps.

If you ever find out what happened, I’d love to know. Hopefully it doesn’t make more future work a pain
Can I ask why the dealership you bought your Mach E from will not do warranty work on your car? Is it because they are not equipped to do so?

Thanks!
I actually don't live by the dealership that I purchased my vehicle from, so I have not taken it back to them yet. It's about an 8 hour drive away. At this point, I'll probably have to dedicate a couple of days and take it back for them to do something.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I mostly lurk, but once in awhile I see a thread like this and wonder why the OP is being so evasive?

One of the things I have noticed around here is that there are more than a few knowledgeable folks who never hesitate to help - not positive that OP is really looking for help based on his inability to provide more details/answer questions directly.

I've read the whole thread twice, and don't understand how the pictures "showing work had clearly been done previously" have not been posted. The description of the issue itself leaves a lot to be desired. A very logical "record the sound so we can understand" post was ignored. And why the lack of city/state - believe it or not there may be members in your area that would suggest a specific service dept (maybe even an adviser/service mgr).

In any case, not sure why this bothered me enough to log back in and post - but give everyone more details, most want to assist you OP!
Evasive? Not sure how I was being evasive. Like most, I have a demanding job and a lot going on with the family that takes the highest priority. We are also in the process of trying to buy a new home, so my attention is being pulled in a thousand different directions. Still, I'm pretty sure I've directly replied to every comment made towards me, and if I missed any, it was an oversight, not intentional. I posted the latest info from the servicing dealer the same day I received it and I posted the images when I finally had a chance to download them from my email account. I am purposefully not saying what dealerships I'm dealing with because I want to give them the opportunity to make things right before bad mouthing them publicly (but you can see my location and start to narrow it down). The individuals I've been dealing with so far have been respectful when dealing with my situation (although they still have not provided a solution).

So yeah... I'm also not sure why this post bothered you so much either, but I'm going to assume you are coming from a good place and I thank you for your interest.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have this same question. Are they saying they are refusing to cover this under warranty because the item(s) they found to be defective are ones that were installed by a 3rd party or is the work unrelated?

We need more info as this COULD fall under the Magnuson-Moss Act but I need more info.
I posted the pictures the service dealer sent me and the description they provided in a prior post. They are claiming there was work completed previously and therefore any current request is not covered by my warranty. I've spoken with Ford corporate and they said they would be speaking with the dealership I purchased it from. At this point, whatever the selling dealership tells me is going to be difficult to completely believe.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Evasive? Not sure how I was being evasive. Like most, I have a demanding job and a lot going on with the family that takes the highest priority. We are also in the process of trying to buy a new home, so my attention is being pulled in a thousand different directions. Still, I'm pretty sure I've directly replied to every comment made towards me, and if I missed any, it was an oversight, not intentional. I posted the latest info from the servicing dealer the same day I received it and I posted the images when I finally had a chance to download them from my email account. I am purposefully not saying what dealerships I'm dealing with because I want to give them the opportunity to make things right before bad mouthing them publicly (but you can see my location and start to narrow it down). The individuals I've been dealing with so far have been respectful when dealing with my situation (although they still have not provided a solution).

So yeah... I'm also not sure why this post bothered you so much either, but I'm going to assume you are coming from a good place and I thank you for your interest.
Stay away from Caruso Ford, and Norm Reeves Ford is only 2nd. I've also been to Santa Monica Ford and they seem *ok*. Just finished up with Huntington beach Ford and they worked out well.

Not saying HB Ford is Great, but out of the ones I've been to, they've been best'ish.

Haven't tried SouthBay yet.

It seems like they all ask "Did you buy it from us?" and base their level of service on that. With me, they did the service and mostly tried to provide acceptable service, however, I always got the feeling that if you tell them "No, I bought it from a dealer that had them in stock" they give a slight 'Oh' feeling.

Caruso was Friendly, but useless, for me.

Santa Monica did lots of work, did updates etc while the Mrs. and I walked 3rd street Promenade, but really, none of the dealers are top notch.

Norm Reeves did my Windshield/Pano recall but they broke the Coax that goes from the windshield camera to the back module and they never fixed it after three attempts on three different days.

Huntington Beach Ford changed it And fixed the Reverse brake assist error on top of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Stay away from Caruso Ford, and Norm Reeves Ford is only 2nd. I've also been to Santa Monica Ford and they seem *ok*. Just finished up with Huntington beach Ford and they worked out well.

Not saying HB Ford is Great, but out of the ones I've been to, they've been best'ish.

Haven't tried SouthBay yet.

It seems like they all ask "Did you buy it from us?" and base their level of service on that. With me, they did the service and mostly tried to provide acceptable service, however, I always got the feeling that if you tell them "No, I bought it from a dealer that had them in stock" they give a slight 'Oh' feeling.

Caruso was Friendly, but useless, for me.

Santa Monica did lots of work, did updates etc while the Mrs. and I walked 3rd street Promenade, but really, none of the dealers are top notch.
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I came from Infiniti, who had great dealership service 10 years ago, and then they became absolutely horrible.... I acknowledge my situation is not typical and a dealer is not incentivized to help me unless they know I'll be spending a ton in the near term with them. Just sucks feeling like I got thrown to the curb when I feel like I was the one who was misled.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
So quick update. I picked up my vehicle earlier today from the dealership that refused to perform the work. The description on the invoice they gave me says the following: "Upon visual inspection found driver side and passenger side fenders were moved, hood is not aligned properly, found overspray on passenger area of vehicle closer to coolant reservoir, found loose bolts indicating possible cross thread, vehicle has signs of possible body repair, no work performed at this moment." To be honest, the noises seem even worse after getting it back today.

I also attached the images I mentioned in a previous post.

I spoke with a customer rep from Ford corporate directly today and they said they would be calling the dealership I purchased it from shortly. Given the holiday weekend, I'm guessing that discussion won't take place until Tuesday or Wednesday. At this point, I'm mentally preparing myself to make the drive back up to the dealership I purchased it from. Don't see a way around it now. Hopefully the dealership that sold this to me is able to provide a solution. I feel quite blindsided by this. I can deal with bad news when it's transparent and direct, much harder when it feels like I'm piecing things together... the most disappointing thing about all this is I purposely wanted to buy a new vehicle to avoid having these types of problems.

Image.jpeg

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

Image_3.jpeg

Image_4.jpeg

Image_5.jpeg
"A picture is worth a thousand words". Maybe it was delivered "FOT" - fell off truck - as the old Tappet Brothers used to to say on NPR. You said the dealer was eight hours away? Was it in California? If so, contact Consumer Affairs with the State of California. The Bureau of Automotive Repair can be snail-pace but they do have some "pit bulls" with government persuasion.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I came from Infiniti, who had great dealership service 10 years ago, and then they became absolutely horrible.... I acknowledge my situation is not typical and a dealer is not incentivized to help me unless they know I'll be spending a ton in the near term with them. Just sucks feeling like I got thrown to the curb when I feel like I was the one who was misled.
I added to my post.

Picked up mine this evening with no more Front Camera Faults!

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
"A picture is worth a thousand words". Maybe it was delivered "FOT" - fell off truck - as the old Tappet Brothers used to to say on NPR. You said the dealer was eight hours away? Was it in California? If so, contact Consumer Affairs with the State of California. The Bureau of Automotive Repair can be snail-pace but they do have some "pit bulls" with government persuasion.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/
Thanks. Yes, the dealership is in CA. I'll take a look at the link you sent. If it starts going that direction, I might just call an attorney. I'm still hoping the dealership I purchased from can make it right.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I added to my post.

Picked up mine this evening with no more Front Camera Faults!
Nice. Congrats! Did you get the newest software update from the dealership? I noticed driving home today that I had the newest software update with the new home screen and the quick camera option. I was so looking forward to that about two weeks ago... now it just felt like a dagger in my side.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm curious as to your city? I have had the dealer I bought the MME from and they will not do my warranty work.
Seattle area.
You won't take your MME to the dealer you bought it from or the dealer you bought from refuses to do warranty work?

I bought from the dealer in Pt. Angeles and used AutoNation Ford in Bellevue to fix a rattle in the center console.

OP
OP

Joeytrojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You won't take your MME to the dealer you bought it from or the dealer you bought from refuses to do warranty work?

I bought from the dealer in Pt. Angeles and used AutoNation Ford in Bellevue to fix a rattle in the center console.
The dealer I purchased it from is about 7 to 8 hours away from where I live. I took it to a dealership by my house and they refused per the reasons stated in my earlier post. I will likely need to take it to the dealership I purchased from at some point in the near future. They are supposed to speak with Ford corporate to discuss options. I'm hoping there's some positive clarity by the end of next week.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Nice. Congrats! Did you get the newest software update from the dealership? I noticed driving home today that I had the newest software update with the new home screen and the quick camera option. I was so looking forward to that about two weeks ago... now it just felt like a dagger in my side.
Nope, last numbered update for me in my '21 CA Route 1 was 3.6.1 then the 21B36 to Fine Tune the PAAK, but the fine tuning made it not work...

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So quick update. I picked up my vehicle earlier today from the dealership that refused to perform the work. The description on the invoice they gave me says the following: "Upon visual inspection found driver side and passenger side fenders were moved, hood is not aligned properly, found overspray on passenger area of vehicle closer to coolant reservoir, found loose bolts indicating possible cross thread, vehicle has signs of possible body repair, no work performed at this moment." To be honest, the noises seem even worse after getting it back today.

I also attached the images I mentioned in a previous post.

I spoke with a customer rep from Ford corporate directly today and they said they would be calling the dealership I purchased it from shortly. Given the holiday weekend, I'm guessing that discussion won't take place until Tuesday or Wednesday. At this point, I'm mentally preparing myself to make the drive back up to the dealership I purchased it from. Don't see a way around it now. Hopefully the dealership that sold this to me is able to provide a solution. I feel quite blindsided by this. I can deal with bad news when it's transparent and direct, much harder when it feels like I'm piecing things together... the most disappointing thing about all this is I purposely wanted to buy a new vehicle to avoid having these types of problems.

Image.jpeg

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

Image_3.jpeg

Image_4.jpeg

Image_5.jpeg
Yikes, based on those pictures, someone with no business working on cars did some work there...

Hard to believe it was the factory, or any dealership... I cannot say I blame the dealer from shying away from working on it, they don't want to be on the hook if there is even more things messed up.

Hopefully this will get the proper attention from Ford so they can figure this out.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I’m amazed that the selling dealer didn’t spot the telltale signs of shoddy repairs when they did a pre-sale inspection. My guess is that they left this discovery to you and your 8 hour commute.
Sponsored