Ford delaying Mach-E deliveries intentionally to boost Q4 revenue?

Are Mach-E deliveries intentionally being delayed?

• Total voters

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Could it be that Ford (F) is deliberately not delivering Mach-Es to influence financial performance and stock prices?

I’m not in a position to accuse, but I am in sales and “sand bagging” is not unheard of. My fiscal year ends this month so I’m trying to close the year strong. I think Sept is their last month of Q3.

I see there stock prices lowering. If I’m in position of power and could hinder delivery which in turn lowered revenue and the stock price more, I could buy more shares at a better price.

If I could at the same time build a backlog of inventory and wait until Q4 to turn the trains and trucks back on, I’ll have a surge of revenue and a good start to the quarter. By the end of Q4 and the year, my stock value should improve. Of course those actions would be considered insider trading if I did in fact do this.

I’m not on any social media so if any of you are, feel free to share this question with others.

I’m sure someone out there more educated in economics or finances can comment on my speculation.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
can't imagine this being the case. Ford sells around 6 million cars per year, so roughly speaking that's 1.5 million a quarter, a few thousand mach es one way or the other won't even add a percent to sales.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Laughable. Sales are so far down in 2021 that Ford needs every possible sale. Plus Mach-E is not a significant part of total sales.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I voted tht it’s possible, but I really don’t believe that anyone right now wants to do that. All companies need money right now, not just Ford.

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
Speaking as a current Tesla product owner (Solar)...

It the title of the thread read:

Tesla delaying Model Y deliveries intentionally to boost Q4 revenue?

My vote would have been 100% yes.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I’m gonna have to ask that you put the tin foil hat away

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Speaking as a current Tesla product owner (Solar)...

It the title of the thread read:

Tesla delaying Model Y deliveries intentionally to boost Q4 revenue?

My vote would have been 100% yes.
That's quite different. For Tesla Model Why sales is a difference between life and death. For Ford MME sales is a blip on the screen.

MMJ

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't mean to be cynical but GM has officially announced that they are giving chip priority to high profit vehicles and that they are temporally shut down plants for lower profit vehicles. While ford is not yet closing plants due to the chip shortage, I believe that they are giving chip priority to F150s and higher profit vehicles such as the GT MMEs. It is the intelligent profitable thing to do. And, yes they care about stock prices.

OP
OP
Mockstang

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pro
That makes sense. If everyone starts getting theirs in October though I’ll be wondering.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Lots of companies try to shift sales, but as other have stated it wouldn't make much of a difference if only the Mach E, and most sales shifting is done with sale incentives not logistics shifting. IMHO, if they did it, it would not be by holding back inventory but shipping many of Q3 units overseas so they are sold in Q4 because of the extra shipping time, and less units sold in the US during Q3, and then there will be a natural increase in Q4 compared to Q3.

OP
OP
Mockstang

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pro
I’m gonna have to ask that you put the tin foil hat away
I figured I’d wrap the display with aluminum foil for my covert missions. That’s where they hide the privacy stealing technologies.

A friend suggested Saran Wrap first so I don’t scratch it. Sounded logical to me, I agreed.

Reactions: UW2

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
That makes sense. If everyone starts getting theirs in October though I’ll be wondering.
... There will likely be more deliveries in the 4th quarter for unrelated reasons. Specifically, if all goes well, the chip logjam will ease and all the built cars that are sitting will start to roll, along with all the new cars being made ahead of the '22 MY changeover ....