Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Well, it looks like the Location Issue I posted about isn't that Random. Thanks to Spencer for sharing this. Guys in case you haven't heard there's a Hold on all Cars. No Deployments until further notice.

Just an FYI for US customers...not involving us. From Another web site... eCall — for emergency call — is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union. The aim is for all new cars to incorporate a system that automatically contacts the emergency services in the event of a serious accident, sending location and sensor information. eCall was made mandatory in all new cars sold within the EU from April 2018. So now you know.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Delays All UK Mach-E Deliveries Until Further Notice Due to 'Safety Risk’ ford-uk-mache-deliveries-on-hold
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
That's correct. No new Mache's will be leaving the forecourts or being demoed.

Stop/hold order. Delivered with tlc and a middle finger! By their faceless system.

On the day I was going to get mine after another week of chasing where the flock it is.

It was in Runcorn up until this morning. Another odd situation as it should have been at the dealer in warrington but there was no sense of urgency to get my car to me without my constant emails / chasing up.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I can confirm this as well all UK cars have been stopped and not allowed to be registered by dealers. Apparently they hope to have the updates completed by the end of June ?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I can confirm this as well all UK cars have been stopped and not allowed to be registered by dealers. Apparently they hope to have the updates completed by the end of June ?
Hi @Hotspur28

Thanks for the further update on the date.

As always, all very confusing ?

As @SteveUk said, what does the end of June mean?

Presumably as all MMEs are (potentially) affected, those currenty out on the road (whether UK, US or Norway, etc.) will require an OTA update asap.

Those UK ones currently in Antwerp would presumably have the update(s) applied there as part of QA.

Which leaves those between Flushing and Dagenham and the dealers ...... in limbo?

I had some good news today that my MME is on the transporter from Dagenham to the dealer (seemed to be confirmed by tappsDateTime), so would it be up to the dealers to apply the updates?

Is the end of June the target to remedy all affected MMEs?

I guess we'll just have to wait .... a bit longer ?
David

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also had tappsdatetime changes yesterday afternoon and this morning, although the vehicledatetime updated yesterday but not today!!! But I very much doubt I'm in Dagenham as I've now slipped to 3rd July.
Same for me:
tappsDateTime and vehicleDateTime both 02.06 but updateDate 03.06

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Where did end of june come from?
Dealer. By end of June so hopefully sooner. All they have is the message you have seen and await instructions which will be a software update and plug in not ota apparently.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Presumably as all MMEs are (potentially) affected, those currenty out on the road (whether UK, US or Norway, etc.) will require an OTA update asap.
The USA doesn't use eCall, so those cars are unaffected. We also don't know the specifics, it could be a UK market only issue.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Dealer. By end of June so hopefully sooner. All they have is the message you have seen and await instructions which will be a software update and plug in not ota apparently.
Thanks, hopefully as this is European wide it will be sorted quickly due to the pressure.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
The USA doesn't use eCall, so those cars are unaffected. We also don't know the specifics, it could be a UK market only issue.
Question from a dumb yank: What the heck is eCall in the UK and how could that possibly be a safety issue?

Alex_whietehad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Question from a dumb yank: What the heck is eCall in the UK and how could that possibly be a safety issue?
When the airbags are deployed it alerts the police/ambulance etc and gives them your location. So if youre unconscious you dont just sit there and die. Seems like its not giving an accurate location and since 2018 all cars have had to have a working system so they can't sell them until its fixed

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Thanks, hopefully as this is European wide it will be sorted quickly due to the pressure.
I'm sure the internal pressure of having all of the cars in the EU sitting, waiting to be delivered, will be enough to spur urgency on everyone's part.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just an FYI for US customers...not involving us. From Another web site... eCall — for emergency call — is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union. The aim is for all new cars to incorporate a system that automatically contacts the emergency services in the event of a serious accident, sending location and sensor information. eCall was made mandatory in all new cars sold within the EU from April 2018. So now you know.
Sponsored