Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Anyone notice this shot of the screen in the video? Obviously we have no idea what kind of driving was done, but I know people were looking for examples of the mi/kWh number the Mach E will get.

mache kWh.png

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
It will be really interesting to see the privacy agreement as in where the data resides and is analyzed, will it be on device like Apple on the smartphone, or will all data be sent to Ford or other servers as in Google/Amazon. Hopefully the owner/user will be able to configure many of these "features" for privacy as well as for "convience."

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm interested to see how the "AppLink" apps function. Waze is shown pretty often, but what does it look like? I had always planned on continuing to use Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, but if Waze works without going through either of those, I won't have a ton of reason to need either (other than maybe to more easily control media, would be nice to see a Spotify app for Sync as well).

EDIT: It seems older versions of SYNC required a USB connection for AppLink. Wonder if this will still be the case, and if so, wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay would still be preferred.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is now the official language being used in the order guide:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Demonstrates Mach-E's Pre-Delivery Remote Vehicle Setup and Machine Learning Personalization Capabilities EFBF07CF-288C-4B5E-8FA3-C4C29618002B

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyone notice this shot of the screen in the video? Obviously we have no idea what kind of driving was done, but I know people were looking for examples of the mi/kWh number the Mach E will get.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Demonstrates Mach-E's Pre-Delivery Remote Vehicle Setup and Machine Learning Personalization Capabilities EFBF07CF-288C-4B5E-8FA3-C4C29618002B
3.6 is quite promising.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
3.6 is quite promising.
We've seen 3.6 a few times in the early demo screens too. Hard to say whether that's live data or just a computer-generated demo. The fact that it's 3.6 again makes me suspect it could just be a manufactured demonstration number.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is great and makes me more anxious of getting my car in 6 months. About the fact that the MME will recognise who's coming in towards the car what about if you and your wife are going for a ride, which driver the car will select and prep the car setup for?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
This is great and makes me more anxious of getting my car in 6 months. About the fact that the MME will recognise who's coming in towards the car what about if you and your wife are going for a ride, which driver the car will select and prep the car setup for?
There should be a primary driver in the settings. I know there is for the blue tooth on my other two cars.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
" ...which driver the car will select and prep the car setup for? "

Walk faster, get there first, and open her door. The car we prep for you.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We've seen 3.6 a few times in the early demo screens too. Hard to say whether that's live data or just a computer-generated demo. The fact that it's 3.6 again makes me suspect it could just be a manufactured demonstration number.
Yes but the one @jdmrc93 test drive said 3.7. More confirmation it may be real.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe it’s determined by the phone in the primary cradle on the driver’s side?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
With keyless start on my car from 2013, it can tell distinguish which "zone" the key fob is in, including whether it's inside or outside the vehicle, and if it is in the hatchback area versus not.

Using multiple antennas and receivers/transceivers, Ford can just as easily accomplish this with the Mach-E key fob or via Bluetooth to the phone.

I'd expect the seat and side mirrors to adjust as soon as an authorized driver (based on sensed key fob or phone or keypad entry) opens the driver door.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Maybe it’s determined by the phone in the primary cradle on the driver’s side?
Too late to adjust the seat by then. If it's like the Sync 3 phone pairing and FOB for driver's settings in the Fusion it is all about earliest proximity. That's why it's nice to have buttons [unlike Tesla] because you can manually set the seat to your memory settings when your spouse is in the passenger seat waiting patiently.
Sponsored