RickMachE

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X, Fusion Energi (for sale), F-150
Country flag
So Ford is doing what I already do at every charger. If it is broken or misbehaving I report it.

Even if it is a charger I am not using. Try to make it better for future users.

Yesterday EA have me a free charing session because I helped them troubleshoot a station beside the one I was using. The next charging stop I had was 50 kWh for $0.00.
You assume cause and effect, i.e. they gave you free charging as a thank you. In my experience, that never happens, the free session is due to the charger having issues. I have used my credit card for 2 EA sessions where nothing else worked. Got charged $50, then reversed $50, but never charged for the session. Incompe, not reward.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You assume cause and effect, i.e. they gave you free charging as a thank you. In my experience, that never happens, the free session is due to the charger having issues. I have used my credit card for 2 EA sessions where nothing else worked. Got charged $50, then reversed $50, but never charged for the session. Incompe, not reward.
It happened 2 times in 2 days reporting and troubleshooting broken chargers.

Unless you were on the phone with us you have no clue what happened.

These were not comps because I could not charge. The free sessions came an hour or two latter at a different stop.

Today at one location there were 3/4 down and EA listed them as working. My MME was charging on 3. I checked the other chargers. 1 was stuck at a reboot screen. 2 said "unplug now" yet nothing was connected. 4 was listing both ports as unavailable.

I called EA and we worked through the chargers one at a time. I emailed photos of broken chargers to support. Not much else to do while I'm charging so I try to report anything that is broken.

When it is a comp charge the screen will say "Welcome: Free"

These sessions said "Welcome: Doug" charge $0.00

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Instead of assuming, maybe do something like I am to help other EV drivers so they have a smoother experience.

Advertisement

Advertisement