Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Everything is on line these days. Bad chargers show up on the big screen as a failed attempt.

Charger #122, 2 attempts with no revenue. Located.

Glad to be of service.

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think crowd source reporting where if a person has trouble with a charger there is a function in the Ford app to scan a QR code of the unit and submit a report. Have a drop-down of common issues and an option for other for free-text input.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Hey @Ford Motor Company Angels - go test the DCFC in the Kansas City area. NONE of the old 50kW Efacec units work with the Mach E, and there is not a single other DCFC station in the area unless you include the one EA station out in Independence, MO.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Hello m
Sounds like a good idea to me. Your thoughts?

Source: https://www.autonews.com/service/how-ford-helping-ev-owners-charging-stations

Ford deploying 'angels' to find, fix bad EV chargers

Employees in specially instrumented Mach-Es will test out individual chargers in areas where connected-vehicle data say customers are having problems.

SAN FRANCISCO — Ford Motor Co. knows its customers' electric vehicle charging experience is less than perfect, and it's deploying an army of "angels" to fix it.

The automaker offers customers some 63,000 plugs across the country in what it calls a "network of networks," made up of stations from Electrify America, ChargePoint and others. That patchwork collection of third-party chargers has occasionally been problematic for Mustang Mach-E owners looking to power up on the road.

"There are a lot of plugs out there, but some of them are old and they don't have the quality or reliability we want," Darren Palmer, Ford's general manager of battery electric vehicles, told Automotive News during a media drive program in San Francisco. "Over 99.5 percent of customers go into a charger and get a charge. We're pleased about that. But a number less than that get a charge the first time they charge."

Enter the Charge Angels.

Employees in specially instrumented Mach-Es will drive around and test out individual chargers in areas where connected vehicle data — or angry social media posts — say customers are having problems.

"All they'll do all day long is go and check them to see where they fail and why," Palmer said.

Details of the program are still being worked out, but officials say it's expected to launch before the end of the year with an undetermined number of Ford employees.

Palmer said he came up with the name.

"It's a guardian angel who's looking after you when you don't even know you need it, and they're just in the background," he said.

The goal is to make the company's charging network, which will expand in the near future, as reliable as possible as it prepares for the launch of the F-150 Lightning next year. Palmer said the last thing Ford wants is for customers towing heavy loads or large trailers to have to maneuver to multiple chargers before they can get one to work.

He said he's still brainstorming ideas for how to make the program more fun.

"Maybe if you spot an angel you get a gift," he said. "I'm thinking about that."
Hello Mr Palmer.
You mentioned the F-150 Lightning.
You also mentioned pull thru charging stations when you use your Lightning while pulling a trailer or any other load.
Are they any of those pull thru charging stations operational yet? Are they incorporated with the usual truck stops such as Pilot, Flying J, Love's or other major truck stops now? I have reserved an F-150 Lightning and I intend to use it pulling my camper to my favorite vacation spots.
Usually now, I have not exhausted my 500Kwh that came with my Mach E and whenever I pull into an EA station and have an issue, I am directed to contact EA and report the malfunctioning station. EA will prompted you to use another station. But things are going to get crowded when you pull at a station and see multiple vehicles waiting for one working charging station.
Ford running around to find and tell EA that their stations don't work properly is a nice gesture but EA know of the problem stations and need to service them promptly.
All that also is wish full thinking. Until there are enough DC fast chargers on line so it will not create major problems and discourage people taking their electric vehicles to long distance trips.
Mr Palmer, how easy is for you and Ford to working with EA and is charging network?
What about pull thru DC fast charging stations?
I will appreciate your input.
Thank you.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How do I apply to be an angel? I’m down for a Ford Sponsored nationwide road-trip just testing various chargers.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
There are many free fast charging stations here in California and not networked and MME will not charge?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Can I get them to first stop by my house and fix my Ford Connected Wall Station?
What’s wrong with it? I’ve never had any issues with mine.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Hey, @Ford Motor Company may I suggest you check out the chargers at the Binghamton welcome center in Binghamton, NY? One doesn’t work, and the other one only works with Mustang Mach Es sporadically ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name