RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So Ford is doing what I already do at every charger. If it is broken or misbehaving I report it.

Even if it is a charger I am not using. Try to make it better for future users.

Yesterday EA have me a free charing session because I helped them troubleshoot a station beside the one I was using. The next charging stop I had was 50 kWh for $0.00.
You assume cause and effect, i.e. they gave you free charging as a thank you. In my experience, that never happens, the free session is due to the charger having issues. I have used my credit card for 2 EA sessions where nothing else worked. Got charged $50, then reversed $50, but never charged for the session. Incompe, not reward.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You assume cause and effect, i.e. they gave you free charging as a thank you. In my experience, that never happens, the free session is due to the charger having issues. I have used my credit card for 2 EA sessions where nothing else worked. Got charged $50, then reversed $50, but never charged for the session. Incompe, not reward.
It happened 2 times in 2 days reporting and troubleshooting broken chargers.

Unless you were on the phone with us you have no clue what happened.

These were not comps because I could not charge. The free sessions came an hour or two latter at a different stop.

Today at one location there were 3/4 down and EA listed them as working. My MME was charging on 3. I checked the other chargers. 1 was stuck at a reboot screen. 2 said "unplug now" yet nothing was connected. 4 was listing both ports as unavailable.

I called EA and we worked through the chargers one at a time. I emailed photos of broken chargers to support. Not much else to do while I'm charging so I try to report anything that is broken.

When it is a comp charge the screen will say "Welcome: Free"

These sessions said "Welcome: Doug" charge $0.00

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Instead of assuming, maybe do something like I am to help other EV drivers so they have a smoother experience.

Mockingbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hey @Ford Motor Company Angels - go test the DCFC in the Kansas City area. NONE of the old 50kW Efacec units work with the Mach E, and there is not a single other DCFC station in the area unless you include the one EA station out in Independence, MO.
This issue has been resolved

TSB 21-2190 Illuminated Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench) Indicator With DTCs - HV Battery Not Charging At Level 3 DC Fast Charging Station/EVSE | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Ford cannot do much to fix the Electrify America problem.
If VW/Audi/Porsche and EA executives were forced to drive EVs only and they experienced multiple broken stations, authorization problems, non-EVs parked on charging spots, etc, then I am sure progress would be made faster.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
To me, that's a click bait story. I don't see a single new detail.

My wife and I would be delighted to drive a properly equipped Mach-E around for Ford to monitor charging data. We participated in a self-driving data collection study some years back, with a data collection module installed in our vehicles. Happy to travel the US on Ford's dime anytime!

lefortpf

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Occupation
Media
Country flag
Old thread here but wanted to share my experience in West LA this afternoon when I ran into one of the "Angels", hard at work at an EA station. Delightful chat with the guy! Had 90k miles on his MME since last Fall. Shoulda grabbed a pic of his rig (some serious tech in that vehicle for their testing program) but got caught up in the convo. He was impressed with my GT (aren't they all!). Kudos to Ford for investing in making the charging experience better. Lord knows the infrastructure needs it. As a side note-- 1st time using an EA station. Best experience yet & the first time taking advantage of the Free Charge on the Blue Oval network. Seamless! And the tech confirmed this.... EVgo = worst. ChargePoint = so so. EA = best of the Top 3 networks. Totally aligns with my limited experience. Great intel for a new EV owner!
Sponsored