TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is subjective, but I also found that EA's app was marginally better in letting me know what was going on with my charging sessions than FordPass was.
Instead of trying to check on the charging session details in the FP app, I usually just look at the FP app home page and see what the current battery% is. That seems to be more dependable than the session details. That's usually the important part (tracking battery% progress).
Sponsored

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Instead of trying to check on the charging session details in the FP app, I usually just look at the FP app home page and see what the current battery% is. That seems to be more dependable than the session details. That's usually the important part (tracking battery% progress).
My problem is the FP main page is often hours out of date, despite a dozen or two dozen refreshes over the course of 10 minutes.

IMHO, the car should be reporting charge status to Ford every 30 sec if the car is charging (level 1, level 2, or DCFC). If my phone can maintain a data connection all day, my car should manage, particularly when it's plugged in. End gripe.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My problem is the FP main page is often hours out of date, despite a dozen or two dozen refreshes over the course of 10 minutes.

IMHO, the car should be reporting charge status to Ford every 30 sec if the car is charging (level 1, level 2, or DCFC). If my phone can maintain a data connection all day, my car should manage, particularly when it's plugged in. End gripe.
I agree that it should report way more often. It especially bugs me that this car goes into deep sleep and won't do hardly anything. It's got this massive battery just sitting there. It can kick out a few milliwatts to monitor some things constantly, like say whether the 12V battery needs a charge, or some data needs collecting and transmitting to the cloud.

When the car is charging though, I usually don't find it more than a few minutes behind on the battery%. Sometimes I have to swipe down more than once to get it to refresh though.
Sponsored