Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the invite and signed up immediately. I've had P&C turned off for the last 7 months once I used up my free 500.

I have an early build Job 1 (Feb 2021 delivery). I've DCFC'd over 60 times (50 at EA). Got another 2600 mile road trip starting next week. Hopefully it will take affect by then. No 2nd email yet, but I suspect it may already be working. Connected Services shows a year from Tuesday as the expire date, suggesting it took effect immediately. Guess I'll find out Monday.

Not sure how this will overlap with the BOCN 2-yr trial subscription, which expires in 8 months. Should be 2 different things (BOCN is wallet, P&C, etc) and would surely be a prerequisite to use this EA discount.
I signed up immediately too and have yet to get the 2nd email. Let us know how it works once you start your road trip
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
FWIW, before they re released this via EA, I signed up (when it was briefly open) and got the first email right away, the second email came about 3 or 4 days later. The start time for the membership actually reflected the first email date, not the second. And of course it didn't actually work... So that's probably why they are putting it through EA to make sure it actually goes through...

*Edit, and FWIW, they did reimburse me for SOME charging that was billed at the non member rate before they fixed it for me, and since it has been fix I've used it at least a dozen times with no issues with the rate or plug&charge.

Last edited:

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Since I was using EA Pass+ last month, I turned off P&C. I got my first email shortly after signing up on June 20th. I have not received the second email.

However, I noticed a message in FordPass from June 22th saying P&C is now active. I went over to the Connected Services webpage for my Mach-E on the Ford website and selected the Blue Oval Charge Network page. It looks different. It shows an expiration date of 06/21/23. It still shows the complimentary EA charging information (my balance is zero), but there is a section with a heading of Blue Oval Electrify America Membership explaining I have a 25% discount at EA stations.

So it looks like I am signed up.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Iā€™m taking a little trip today to the east coast, ā€¦. of Florida. Iā€™ll try P&C and see what it gives me. Still havenā€™t gotten the advertised second email.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Iā€™ve been to three different EA chargers yesterday and today. P&C worked on 2 of them with the discounted rate of $.031/kw. One of them just wouldnā€™t P&C. I used the EA app on that one and thought ā€œWow, it knows I have the Ford discount!ā€ Then I realized I still had a few days left on my last activation of Pass+. My Pass+ Plan ends today, so Iā€™m curious about whether the discounted rate will still work tomorrow on P&C.

So, it seems to be working without ever getting the advertised second email.

On a side note, the Naples, Fl EA station only had one charger working out of 4 - pretty bad for the last chance charge before 86 miles of Everglades. Coral Springs EA had two of four broken and a third de rated to 33kw. EAā€™s maintenance is leaving a lot to be desired at the moment.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™ve been to three different EA chargers yesterday and today. P&C worked on 2 of them with the discounted rate of $.031/kw. One of them just wouldnā€™t P&C. I used the EA app on that one and thought ā€œWow, it knows I have the Ford discount!ā€ Then I realized I still had a few days left on my last activation of Pass+. My Pass+ Plan ends today, so Iā€™m curious about whether the discounted rate will still work tomorrow on P&C.

On a side note, the Naples, Fl EA station only had one charger working out of 4 - pretty bad for the last chance charge before 86 miles of Everglades. Coral Springs EA had two of four broken and a third de rated to 33kw. EAā€™s maintenance is leaving a lot to be desired at the moment.
Cool. That's what I was guessing would happen (it would activate right away) but wasn't sure. We head out tomorrow a 2 week 2600 mile trip (roughly 20 EA charges). Similarly, my EA Pass+ month ended yesterday and I canceled. But I suspect I'll have a station or two where P&C won't work and I may need to revert to the EA app, and I'll sign back up for Pass+ then. It's worth it even if it's only a single charge, as the break-even point for the $4 is only 33 kWh.

Although I guess the first backup plan if P&C fails would be to try and manually start the charge through the FordPass app. I've never tried that. I've always used the EA app (usually phone tap), except when I turned P&C on just to use up my free 500 kWh from Ford last year.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Did you report the charger issues?

If Plug and Charge doesn't work, activate with FordPass.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Does P&C pull from your free KWh? I thought I remembered that there was an issue with that. Iā€™ve used FP app to initiate at EA for that reason but Iā€™d use P&C if it does. I should be just about out after my Vegas trip this next week. Then hopefully I get the email invite.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
You have to try to DCFC at least twice before July 5.
I thought the July 5 deadline was to sign up, not to actually DCFC. I'm all signed up, just haven't DCFC yet. Wasn't planning until mid-July.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I thought the July 5 deadline was to sign up, not to actually DCFC. I'm all signed up, just haven't DCFC yet. Wasn't planning until mid-July.
youā€™re right I misread the email from Ford. You just have until July 5 to enroll, no timeframe by when you need to complete the two DCFC sessions they request.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does P&C pull from your free KWh? I thought I remembered that there was an issue with that. Iā€™ve used FP app to initiate at EA for that reason but Iā€™d use P&C if it does. I should be just about out after my Vegas trip this next week. Then hopefully I get the email invite.
Yes, P&C at EA will pull from your free kWh. Activating an EA charge directly in the FP app should as well. Basically any EA session paid with your FP wallet. If there's any credits there it will use those first and then the registered credit card after that.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Did you report the charger issues?

If Plug and Charge doesn't work, activate with FordPass.
Yeah, I did report it - on PlugShare and with EA on the phone. Complained about it too. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll get it all fixed by Monday.šŸ˜•

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah, I did report it - on PlugShare and with EA on the phone. Complained about it too. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll get it all fixed by Monday.šŸ˜•
We found EA's issues last Fall much improved at the same locations this Spring. Nowhere near perfect. They have the same staffing issues as other companies. We all have to push all these companies all the time.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I sent some feedback to the Early Access email address, and they read it and responded. They explained:

"... there was a bit of miscommunication on our end regarding the second email. Normally the Electrify America program is a paid add-on to the Blue Oval Charge Network and a second email is sent when payment has been processed. Since weā€™ve made the Electrify America Add-on available for free to our Early Access Program members the second email is never sent. "

So no need to await a second email, it should just work once you sign up.
Sponsored