Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I sent some feedback to the Early Access email address, and they read it and responded. They explained:

"... there was a bit of miscommunication on our end regarding the second email. Normally the Electrify America program is a paid add-on to the Blue Oval Charge Network and a second email is sent when payment has been processed. Since we’ve made the Electrify America Add-on available for free to our Early Access Program members the second email is never sent. "

So no need to await a second email, it should just work once you sign up.
So, a summer intern wrote that announcement? Yeah, never mind.
Sponsored

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Hey @Ford, I am so frustrated with this. Twice in the last year I charged on plug and charge through the FordPass app on "Free holidays" at EA, and you although everyone got free charging those days, you charged me full price.

I disconnected from the app and went straight through EA for the last 4 or 5 months. It has been smooth and I always get the discounted rates.

I got this email and decided to give it another try. I have now charged 3 times, and all 3 times I paid non-member pricing for my electricity. I called and spoke to someone using the phone number on my email receipt. After wasting 30 minutes in queues and talking to the wrong department I was told to call back another day when "FordPass" was open.

You have cost me at least $50 in overcharging vs the EA direct network.

It is nice to just plug and charge rather than having to waste 30-60 second opening the EA app and initiating a charge on their map, but why in the world am I paying full price for electricity when you promised a 25% discount????

You have failed yet again!

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I always had issues with Plug n Charge and EA so I disconnected the service completely... I don't even think I used my free 250kWh
I have not tried this yet. To get the free charging with EA do we go through the Ford app or the EA app or does it matter?

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I have not tried this yet. To get the free charging with EA do we go through the Ford app or the EA app or does it matter?
In your app, there should be a tile for BlueOval Charge Network. Follow those directions to enable the trial and Plug n Charge and then you should be good. Basically you just plug in at EA and it'll start charging, but in my experience I just kept getting errors.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Charging right now at EA in Edwards CO. Discount working with P&C. First charger wouldn't initiate, but moved to 2nd and it worked.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Anyone get an email in the last couple of days? I used up my free kWh last night and I’m wondering if I’ll get the email. I read that 7/5 was the sign up by date earlier in the thread. 🤞🏼

OP
OP
itsthenewdc

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Early Access + Electrify America: Complimentary BlueOval Electrify America Membership Invitation Email 09CAB971-94EB-413C-8DAE-98AD90BA6A73

First attempt since getting into the program. Flawless.

minjaep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 eAWD
Country flag
I finally got an offer yesterday. It's been 3 months since I owned my mach-e, but spent $200+ on EA so far.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Is this pretty much closed now? I was hoping to get an invite. Using the EA app with Pass+ is easy enough but using P&C with the discount would be nice.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Is there a way to view your charging session in the Electrify America app?

FordPass is terrible for viewing frequently updated data during charging sessions (or any time)

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

FordPass is terrible for viewing frequently updated data during charging sessions (or any time)

TLDR: unless it really really bothers you to open the EA app, there still is no reason under the sun to pay a yearly fee for this FordPass discount. You miss out on the free EA days, and it's next-to-impossible to monitor your charging status.

--

This is one of the disadvantages -- the EA app knows nothing about what you're doing when you use P&C and this discount. You're Ford's customer, not EA's, and you have all the hand-crafted software excellence you can expect from Ford.

I used Car Scanner on my last road trip and looked at the laggy EA screen to keep up with my session. FordPass app was useless to let me know how things were going, although I think it does let you know when your charge stops.

The other disadvantage is, of course, that you miss out on any free EA holiday days. Ford will gleefully charge you on July 4th, as an example. You have to go into the buried setting on FordPass app, and turn off Plug & Charge (and hope that the server isn't down and it registers your change) -- and then you can use the EA app to get free charging on those days.

I'm sure Ford will get right on fixing this stuff :)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TLDR: unless it really really bothers you to open the EA app, there still is no reason under the sun to pay a yearly fee for this FordPass discount. You miss out on the free EA days, and it's next-to-impossible to monitor your charging status.

--

This is one of the disadvantages -- the EA app knows nothing about what you're doing when you use P&C and this discount. You're Ford's customer, not EA's, and you have all the hand-crafted software excellence you can expect from Ford.

I used Car Scanner on my last road trip and looked at the laggy EA screen to keep up with my session. FordPass app was useless to let me know how things were going, although I think it does let you know when your charge stops.

The other disadvantage is, of course, that you miss out on any free EA holiday days. Ford will gleefully charge you on July 4th, as an example. You have to go into the buried setting on FordPass app, and turn off Plug & Charge (and hope that the server isn't down and it registers your change) -- and then you can use the EA app to get free charging on those days.

I wouldn't say no reason at all. That will vary by person and preference. We road trip a lot, and the convenience of P&C over using the phone to open the app and tap or swipe is still a nice perk. For the same basic annual price. We road trip enough that I didn't bother turning EA Pass+ on and off many times throughout the year. Plus P&C works when there's bad cell service, or the phone locks up.

FP sometimes lags a minute or two on battery% status while charging, but I usually find it to be pretty close. The EA app wasn't usually much better.

And the free EA days appear to be over (which is fine by me, as that means revenue to support and built out the network faster).

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

No. If you charge with FordPass, EA shows no data.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

--

On the EA Free days you just have to activate the charger using the EA App and that will get you the free session.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
On the EA Free days you just have to activate the charger using the EA App and that will get you the free session.
THe one time I tried this, I found that P+C took precedence over the EA App. Admittedly I haven't tried this frequently or recently, but it seemed to me that even when I activated before plugging in with EA App, the vehicle used the Plug and Charge if that was turned on in the car.

This is subjective, but I also found that EA's app was marginally better in letting me know what was going on with my charging sessions than FordPass was.

Of course, since EA is generally not the most reliable utility in the world, your experience is always a surprise every time you pull up to an EA stall anyhow.
Sponsored